• KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
what changed?
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
4 years ago
Zero2Cool, you always do amazing stuff.

I wouldn't complaint at all, but I know you like feedback and know if you find the feedback stupid, you'll ignore it, so please feel free to ignore, as overall F'N awesome job.

General Thoughts
1) I'm not sure I'm happy that signatures are back, I sorta liked the sleek and clean version.

2) Maybe my biggest complaint, is I don't like how the report button just sticks out there and so bright and red. (and just I want to hit the red button just to hit the big red button! but besides that) shouldn't it be with the other buttons or behind them? As of right now it sorta seems in front of them and saying it's more important and press me... WHAT?!? Yes, I get distracted easi... squirrel!

3) Why no dancing pink elephant? 😉 😛 so no more moving icons? :(

4) This just happened, when using cell phone, when I hit preview (I normally don't), the autosaved seemed to kick in and only seemed to preview what was autosaved (#1 and above) and the preview didn't get #2 and #3 on the list. Just happened once and I could copy and paste, but that could be a potential headache if someone doesn't catch it or it keeps happening to them. But also could be a one time thing.

5) As you can see, other than the bright red button all by itself, and standing out, when hopefully it's the button hit the least, I got no real complaints.

Edit: 6) Why won't my ":(" face in #3 become a sad face like the other faces I did? :(

7) Why is the edit button hidden in the manager folder all by itself self? If there were multiple buttons hidden there it would make sense, but it's all by itself, so couldn't it just be it's own button instead of inside a folder?

(P.S., yes I realized that other people, higher up on the PH food chain probably do have multiple buttons hidden there, which would make the thought process make perfect sense... but the average poster might not, just giving an average user perspective... Probably makes sense for the mods)
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

4) This just happened, when using cell phone, when I hit preview (I normally don't), the autosaved seemed to kick in and only seemed to preview what was autosaved (#1 and above) and the preview didn't get #2 and #3 on the list. Just happened once and I could copy and paste, but that could be a potential headache if someone doesn't catch it or it keeps happening to them. But also could be a one time thing.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Nope this happen again, when I use preview, the preview up top shows up correctly, but when I look down below at the typing area, it's only showing me what the autosaved has saved which is missing 10 to 20% of what the preview is showing.

Found an a possibility minor error 😁

Also where are the smiley face buttons? Or are we just supposed to use our phones to bring up the faces? 😕, Again I got no problem with that, just not sure if everyone knows how. 🕹️🎲
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 years ago

Zero2Cool, you always do amazing stuff.

I wouldn't complaint at all, but I know you like feedback and know if you find the feedback stupid, you'll ignore it, so please feel free to ignore, as overall F'N awesome job.

General Thoughts
1) I'm not sure I'm happy that signatures are back, I sorta liked the sleek and clean version.

2) Maybe my biggest complaint, is I don't like how the report button just sticks out there and so bright and red. (and just I want to hit the red button just to hit the big red button! but besides that) shouldn't it be with the other buttons or behind them? As of right now it sorta seems in front of them and saying it's more important and press me... WHAT?!? Yes, I get distracted easi... squirrel!

3) Why no dancing pink elephant? 😉 😛 so no more moving icons? :(

5) As you can see, other than the bright red button all by itself, and standing out, when hopefully it's the button hit the least, I got no real complaints.

Edit: 6) Why won't my ":(" face in #3 become a sad face like the other faces I did? :(

7) Why is the edit button hidden in the manager folder all by itself self? If there were multiple buttons hidden there it would make sense, but it's all by itself, so couldn't it just be it's own button instead of inside a folder?

(P.S., yes I realized that other people, higher up on the PH food chain probably do have multiple buttons hidden there, which would make the thought process make perfect sense... but the average poster might not, just giving an average user perspective... Probably makes sense for the mods)

1- I've been tossing it around to keep/toss them. One of the several reasons they were removed before was to increase page load speed.
2- I'm not sure the report button sticks out that much. I'll have to pay more attention, or maybe I have other things that distract me? Maybe Yellow instead of Red would be better?
3- We've upgraded to Emojis. This is an upgrade in the sense there is no more code to convert the BBCode to smileys, no more maintaining them and also no need to store the images anymore. Sadly, Ellie is gone.
4- This is something I'll have to look more into.
5- Maybe yellow would be gooder?'
6- It's not a common emoji? I dunno
7- Good question. I've asked that the icons be used with tooltips instead. The guy who maintains YAF disagrees. However, there are extra options (Move, Delete) but still, I think the footer could handle the icons because they'd use up similar space as the words "MANAGE MESSAGE"
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

1- I've been tossing it around to keep/toss them. One of the several reasons they were removed before was to increase page load speed.
2- I'm not sure the report button sticks out that much. I'll have to pay more attention, or maybe I have other things that distract me? Maybe Yellow instead of Red would be better?
3- We've upgraded to Emojis. This is an upgrade in the sense there is no more code to convert the BBCode to smileys, no more maintaining them and also no need to store the images anymore. Sadly, Ellie is gone.
4- This is something I'll have to look more into.
5- Maybe yellow would be gooder?'
6- It's not a common emoji? I dunno
7- Good question. I've asked that the icons be used with tooltips instead. The guy who maintains YAF disagrees. However, there are extra options (Move, Delete) but still, I think the footer could handle the icons because they'd use up similar space as the words "MANAGE MESSAGE"

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

1) My (non-important) vote goes to it's alright getting rid of them, but I figured I'd be totally out voted if there was a vote.

2) I think it's because my brain is much more attracted to colors and it's the very top one... I don't think my eyes would be going to it as much if it was below others, but that could just be my mind and not others.

3) How could you kill Ellie? Her death is on your hands! (Sorry I'm in a very playful mood)

4) Yay, my rambling did bring up a new issue! 😃 that made it worth it to me lol, but yeah the auto save doesn't capture the complete message when you hit preview, even though the preview does... so you have to hit the save button first. Easy way around it, but if you're not aware or not thinking of it, one might delete the ending part of their message.

5) Hell lot better than purple!

6) A frown face isn't common?

7) Yay, a good question! 😃 and I totally agree with you, if it's only those three things then it would only take up two or three more spaces. And looks like it has room for that.
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago
Another thing is when I get a "Thank" it tells me and asks me if I want to go to it (I think)... I click yes, and it takes me no where. So then I'm wondering what post is thanked... and like right now, I can't find anything, which is frustrating. But maybe that's me doing something wrong?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

Another thing is when I get a "Thank" it tells me and asks me if I want to go to it (I think)... I click yes, and it takes me no where. So then I'm wondering what post is thanked... and like right now, I can't find anything, which is frustrating. But maybe that's me doing something wrong?

The popup for multiple times quoted or thanked is frustrating. It takes you to they keep popping up and only takes you to the last one- maybe.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
i am never thanked, so it doesn’t bother me.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
4 years ago

i am never thanked, so it doesn’t bother me.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

now you have.
and quoted too.
UserPostedImage
beast
4 years ago

The popup for multiple times quoted or thanked is frustrating. It takes you to they keep popping up and only takes you to the last one- maybe.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yes it's been inconsistent at best... sometimes it takes me to what the post it was, other time it doesn't. Like this time when you quoted me, it didn't take me to it (though I thought it normally did? ... maybe because other time I was on my phone? and now I'm on a computer?).

But yeah I haven't had multiple often, but that is frustrating as, you want them one at a time as far as reading and figuring out where to go.

Would be nicer if there was just a certain section, you could go to on your profile for them instead of the automatic pop-ups.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (36m) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (36m) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (3h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (3h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (3h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (3h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (4h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (14h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (16h) : damn those vikings
beast (16h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (16h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (16h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (16h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (23h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.