Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
I didn’t “spin” anything. All I did was states the FACTS. Shame that some ignore facts that they choose to keep a blind eye to.
So Smokey, how do we raise the financial level? You keep saying that over and over, with no idea how that’s supposed to happen.
Easy to say, not easy to do.
Unless you want to turn the country into communism.
Yes, it sure would be nice if all things were equal. But unless you can change the lower levels attitude, nothing will change. Handouts don’t work. We tried that. Things not earned for the most part aren’t appreciated.
Unless you can change the “I’m a victim” attitude, things won’t change.
Ignoring the real problem and blaming everything but the people that cause the problems is what “pea wits” do. Making excuses for bad behavior.
“They don’t have enough money, waaaaa!”
Work hard. Get good grades in school. Stop playing the race card and the “poor me” card.
Have some self esteem and self respect. Show some class.
I know....that’s asking too much I guess.
If you don’t expect much from people, that’s what you will get. Not much.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago

So Smokey, how do we raise the financial level? You keep saying that over and over, with no idea how that’s supposed to happen.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I've repeatedly covered this point, and will do so again.

To start, place tariffs on most imported products. Make it less expensive to make it in America once again. From steel to televisions to medical products, reestablishing an American manufacturing industry would create good jobs and supply a further need to supply/service those businesses.

Use enterprise zones to get small businesses started or rescued. Low interest loans with long term repayment plans would be a key feature. Tax relief could also encourage small businesses as well. Jobs would be created and the overall economy would benefit.

More. better paying jobs would also result in more tax revenue. This revenue could be utilized to fund infrastructure in great need like bridges, roads, and utilities projects. Also Education should see more funding for labs, building maintenance, and new student housing. Job training centers could also be included as training for new businesses will be in greater demand.

Not supplying multi-million giveaways to political friends would also mean more tax revenue for medical, scientific, and other research projects that will pay big in the future. Direct more use of the railroads to transfer freight/raw materials. Cost would be reduced and wear on already strained highways would ease. Truckers would still be used as before, but more regional routes would replace need for coast to coast runs.

Many ideas known/unknown would come into play. A healthier middle class that would include minorities would go a long way to change the ever widening gap between the haves and the havenots that is a great part of today's unrest. Real change requires leadership.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago

I've repeatedly covered this point, and will do so again.

To start, place tariffs on most imported products. Make it less expensive to make it in America once again. From steel to televisions to medical products, reestablishing an American manufacturing industry would create good jobs and supply a further need to supply/service those businesses.

Use enterprise zones to get small businesses started or rescued. Low interest loans with long term repayment plans would be a key feature. Tax relief could also encourage small businesses as well. Jobs would be created and the overall economy would benefit.

More. better paying jobs would also result in more tax revenue. This revenue could be utilized to fund infrastructure in great need like bridges, roads, and utilities projects. Also Education should see more funding for labs, building maintenance, and new student housing. Job training centers could also be included as training for new businesses will be in greater demand.

Not supplying multi-million giveaways to political friends would also mean more tax revenue for medical, scientific, and other research projects that will pay big in the future. Direct more use of the railroads to transfer freight/raw materials. Cost would be reduced and wear on already strained highways would ease. Truckers would still be used as before, but more regional routes would replace need for coast to coast runs.

Many ideas known/unknown would come into play. A healthier middle class that would include minorities would go a long way to change the ever widening gap between the haves and the havenots that is a great part of today's unrest. Real change requires leadership.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

It’s SOUNDS good, but it’s not realistic. People here want too high of wages and benefits for companies to exist here. Look at fast food places. People want $15 an hour to flip burgers.
The cost of products made here would make it impossible for the people living here to afford them.
Add the greed of business owners, and you have a dream plan that’s not going to happen.
Even if you got a handful of companies to build here, that wouldn’t be enough to help.
The reasons I all ready stated in this post are the reasons companies left in the first place.
And to place tariffs on products coming into the country.....who would end up paying those tariffs? That’s right, it would be passed on to us, the consumer.
We owe so much money to places like China, that if they ever said “pay up”, we’d be in real trouble.
So dream scenarios won’t help the reality.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago

It’s SOUNDS good, but it’s not realistic. People here want too high of wages and benefits for companies to exist here. Look at fast food places. People want $15 an hour to flip burgers.
The cost of products made here would make it impossible for the people living here to afford them.
Add the greed of business owners, and you have a dream plan that’s not going to happen.
Even if you got a handful of companies to build here, that wouldn’t be enough to help.
The reasons I all ready stated in this post are the reasons companies left in the first place.
And to place tariffs on products coming into the country.....who would end up paying those tariffs? That’s right, it would be passed on to us, the consumer.
We owe so much money to places like China, that if they ever said “pay up”, we’d be in real trouble.
So dream scenarios won’t help the reality.

Rebuilding the middle class would require making changes that many will not like. Cheap imported products will be too expensive or will be made luxury items instead of everyday items. Business has and always will find solutions to find their profit goals. Wages, prices, benefits will undergo some painful transitions, but the markets will adjust. Supply always follows demand, so as companies begin to make such things like TVs and Microwaves and Washing Machines again, repair services and parts suppliers will come to gain greater importance as "making it last longer" takes on greater relevance.

Rebuilding the middle class will not be like instant coffee, it will take a committed 10 to 12 year effort with the billionaires fighting it at every chance. The smart ones will adjust to the changes and continue to reap their profits. Some like the Insurance Corporations will support the changes as their industry will benefit from more/wealthier customers from small business to skilled technicians to manufacturing workers.

Addressing today's social issues is not just about retraining the police, or changing attitudes. The core economic problems will require correction. Standing on the sidelines as the gap between the rich and the poor steadily widens will only see things get worse. Changes will need to progress a little at a time, but will need to keep moving in the direction of the end goal. Greed is a natural emotion, but even the greedy are willing to change if the path to profit is also the path of least resistance.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago
Smokey, it does sound good. I just don’t see it happening.
It would take the vast majority of rich company owners, and common folk to have any chance at it happening. And like I said, this is the reason that so many businesses have left here in the first place.
To try to rebuild the manufacturing infrastructure would be too costly for anyone to be willing to do it.
So it’s a way to fix things that has about zero chance of actually happening.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 years ago

Reading about Floyd’s funeral....thousands waited in line for hours to get a glimpse of his golden casket....and there was a picture of him with angel wings and a halo.
His death was sad, but they make him out to be Mother Teresa! His arrest record has him arrested several times for theft and drug convictions. And in 2007 for armed robbery in a home invasion. Sentenced to 5 years in prison, he was paroled in 2013. Hardly a saint if you ask me. And he was a huge man, not some little guy. Had he done what the police told him to do, it wouldn’t have escalated.
That’s what I don’t get. The media makes him out to be this perfect guy who did no wrong, and don’t put any blame on him for his actions in this. Had he complied with the cops, he would still be alive. Yes, the cop went over board with the use of force. And he will be tried in court for it. I’m NOT justifying the cops actions!
But the use of Floyd’s death is insane. Just using him to throw fuel on the fire to cause more damage.

Thousands of people died because of corona virus, and families couldn’t even have a funeral to pay their respects to their loved ones. Yet thousands are allowed at Floyd’s funeral? Tell me there are not other motives at play here.

Youre a piece of shit
Smokey
3 years ago
A new Congress / President is more than possible that could enact the needed changes and reverse the 1% greed policy. Tax and import/export reforms could force the markets to invest here rather than support companies that exported American jobs.

Ross Perot was right about the NAFTA trade agreement. That giant sucking sound we heard was american jobs relocating in Mexico. The idea was to build up their economy and get a stronger Mexico that their citizens would not want to leave. However, you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

A renewed middle class would go a long way to easing much of the core problems being protested today.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago

Youre a piece of shit

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Real classy.
Tell me where I’m wrong?
I’ve noticed that the “kind, loving, compassionate” liberals always resort to comments like this when they don’t have any intelligent response.
Way to show what you really are. You couldn’t show anything point to where what I said was somehow wrong.
It’s ok.....I’ve seen the same thing from other liberals on here. I myself won’t lower myself to your level.
Tell me, is calling someone that has a different point of view “a piece of shit” politically correct?
I know... you must be from the political party that allows different opinions, (unless they are different then yours).
Soooo classy!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago
Smokey, you keep saying about a renewed middle class. And I pointed out where the idea is nice, but has about zero chance of happening.
You can say it over and over, but without hundreds upon hundreds of companies and people being willing to do it, it won’t happen.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 years ago

Real classy.
Tell me where I’m wrong?
I’ve noticed that the “kind, loving, compassionate” liberals always resort to comments like this when they don’t have any intelligent response.
Way to show what you really are. You couldn’t show anything point to where what I said was somehow wrong.
It’s ok.....I’ve seen the same thing from other liberals on here. I myself won’t lower myself to your level.
Tell me, is calling someone that has a different point of view “a piece of shit” politically correct?
I know... you must be from the political party that allows different opinions, (unless they are different then yours).
Soooo classy!

Im not from any party. The fact u bringing up his history after his death shows the shitty person u are. Everyone makes mistakes. U arent perfect. Lets hope at your funeral there is some douche pointing out your flaws as they lower u into the ground.

Then again you are white so your opinions on these matters mean jack shit.

Reading your posts in here shows how much of a brainless sheep u are.

U go ahead and listen to cops as they violate your rights because youre a good little boy