Zero2Cool
3 years ago
NFL Pick'em
dhazer won week 14 by getting 12 picks correct. First place overall is held by beast, for now!

Power Rankings Big Movers
+3 Bears and Titans
-3 Panthers

Not a lot of movement, but look who's number two?!??

[list=1]
  • Kansas City Chiefs 0
  • Green Bay Packers 2
  • Pittsburgh Steelers -1
  • New Orleans Saints -1
  • Seattle Seahawks 2
  • LA Rams 0
  • Buffalo Bills -2
  • Tennessee Titans 3
  • Indianapolis Colts 1
  • Miami Dolphins -2
  • Las Vegas Raiders -2
  • Cleveland Browns 0
  • Baltimore Ravens 1
  • Minnesota Vikings -1
  • Arizona Cardinals 0
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0
  • Houston Texans 0
  • Washington Football Team 0
  • San Francisco 49ers 0
  • LA Chargers 2
  • Chicago Bears 3
  • New England Patriots -1
  • Carolina Panthers -3
  • Detroit Lions -1
  • Atlanta Falcons 0
  • Cincinnati Bengals 0
  • New York Giants 0
  • Dallas Cowboys 0
  • Denver Broncos 0
  • Philadelphia Eagles 0
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 0
  • New York Jets 0
  • [/list]
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago
    Cheaters.
     image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
    UserPostedImage
    3 years ago
    Power Rankings are overrated...... unless this team figures out how to be even marginally better on defense and special teams, they won't be going to the dance. A very entertaining football team, just probably not a Super Bowl Champion. But shit does happen
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    People can fan any way they want to but I don't understand the derision thrown at the Packers by their own fans. A Bears fan? Sure but NFC North opponents have to get in line and wait behind loyal Packers fans before they can insult the team.

The point is, NO TEAM is going to win the Super Bowl. Well, except for the one team that gets a few breaks, has a couple of players over perform at the right time. Get a few fortuitous calls by the refs. Get the replay review to go their way. There isn't one team that is going to dominate offense, defense and special teams for every single playoff game. Not one.

The best odds in Vegas are for KC at 9/5. No sane person would say those are great odds if that was their chances of living.

Here are the best 10 teams odds:

[list]
  • Kansas City Chiefs +180 9/5
  • Green Bay Packers +650 13/2
  • New Orleans Saints +700 7/1
  • Los Angeles Rams +1100 11/1
  • Buffalo Bills +1200 12/1
  • Pittsburgh Steelers +1200 12/1
  • Seattle Seahawks +1400 16/1
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +1400 14/1
  • Baltimore Ravens +1700 17/1
  • Indianapolis Colts +2800 28/1[/list]

• I did a quick look at the teams. Based on scoring offense and scoring defense we have:

KC 2 & 8
    GB 1 & 17
    NO 7 & 4
    LA 17 & 3
    Buffalo 9 & 15
    Pitt 12 & 1
    Seattle 3 & 18
    TB 6 & 11
    Balt 8 & 5
    Indy 5 & 12

Probably the closest to the "perfect" team is KC and NO. Will Brees be back for the playoffs? If so will be be as effective as he was in week 7? I don't think anyone can say for sure.

A very quick look at the KC and GB teams. You can't have superstars at every single position.

It's been said the key positions are QB, WR, OT, Edge and CB.
    QB- Aaron or Mahomes? It's a push. Right now this season Aaron is probably slightly better. Some don't like PFF but it's a starting point. Aaron 94.9. Patrick 93.0
    WR- Adams or Tyreek Hill? PFF says 92.1 vs 84.0 Hill had one huge game. If someone is going to disappear in any one given game, it may be him not Adams.
    OT- Bak or Eric Fisher? 91.7 vs 79.4
    Edge- Z Smith vs Chris Jones 84.5 vs 90.1 Z has been coming on in recent weeks so this might be closer in the post season. But then maybe Jones will step it up too.
    CB Alexander vs Charvarious Ward 84.5 vs 65.7. Even though Alexander has not been quite as elite the last few weeks, he's still one of the top 5 this season.

Broaden it out- do you want the Packers OL or KC? What about RB group? Do you like the KC DL better than Z, Kenny, Keke and the others? I like the CB group GB has is better than KC's and the safeties have been very solid the last 3-4 weeks.
    KC has a better TE. They might have better LB Willie Gay is a 58.3, Anthony Hitchens 53.4 and Damien Wilson a 52.4 so they are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination.

Every team has weakness. Packer fans are more familiar with their weaknesses.
    UserPostedImage
    3 years ago
    that's why I commented about their defense and special teams. According to your stats, Packers are one brick from the bottom on defense. Hopefully Pettine has it figured out
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    3 years ago
    The point was every single team has issues. None are exempt. And yet as terrible and putrid as the GB defense is, man for man, it still is better than the KC defense. Go figure.

UserPostedImage
    Cheesey
    3 years ago
    I’m just hoping that I get to see “my” team win another Super Bowl before I die.
    So when they get SO close, as they did last year, I get frustrated when they fall short. And again, they are so close to the prize.
    Like was said, only ONE team gets to celebrate at the end of the season. I hope it’s OUR team!
    UserPostedImage
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago
    Chiefs defense is better than the Packers by several meaningful statistics. That doesn't mean they won't get steamrolled in the playoffs though.
    UserPostedImage
    nerdmann
    3 years ago

Chiefs defense is better than the Packers by several meaningful statistics. That doesn't mean they won't get steamrolled in the playoffs though.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Get to the playoffs, get hot. Stay healthy. #nottojinx
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    Zero2Cool
    3 years ago

Get to the playoffs, get hot. Stay healthy. #nottojinx

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yep. The 2011 Giants come to mind. They were statistically awful on defense, but got hot at the right time and shocked the world.
    UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    packerfanoutwest (10h) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (16h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (20h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (20h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (20h) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (21h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (21h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.