Cheesey
15 years ago

I gotta go +1 to twebdonny for the whole Matrix thing.

I especially like the part where he semi-admits he has no friggin' clue what he meant by it, which, when you think about it, is extremely appropriate in the context of the allusion. I don't know what I'm talking about either, so I am well qualified to award this plus one.

I think he's definitely onto something... in lieu of the kool-aid, take the blue pill...

Take some sunglasses off, and I'm seeing some Ted Thompson's

Mister Smith.

"twebdonny" wrote:

Thanks,,,ps: Stay away from The Day the Earth Stood Still...It sucks too :(

"dfosterf" wrote:

Was it bad? Cause i LOVED the original, and HOPED it would be a good movie.
UserPostedImage
twebdonny
15 years ago

I especially like the part where he semi-admits he has no friggin' clue what he meant by it, which, when you think about it, is extremely appropriate in the context of the allusion. I don't know what I'm talking about either, so I am well qualified to award this plus one.

I think he's definitely onto something... in lieu of the kool-aid, take the blue pill...

Mister Smith.

"Cheesey" wrote:

"twebdonny" wrote:

"dfosterf" wrote:

I too was hoping...but better off downloading and enjoying the original

sorry...back to the Topic at hand... :pottytrain2:
www.travel-ascending.com
Cheesey
15 years ago

Mister Smith.

"twebdonny" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

"twebdonny" wrote:

I too was hoping...but better off downloading and enjoying the original

sorry...back to the Topic at hand... :pottytrain2:

"dfosterf" wrote:

Hey.....with as bad as today was, i was glad for a few seconds away from the topic!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

I won't say much other then here is Rodgers updated stats for the final 5 minutes of the game he now had chances in 12 games

57 Attempts 31 Completions 408 yards 1 TDS 4 INTS

0-6 in wins and losses

Im sure its all the defenses fault again as i have read but damn man one fricken winning drive would be nice.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Too bad Rodgers doesn't have a team to bail him out, like Favre has right now.

"dhazer" wrote:

I know cheesey not having Robinson on the team makes the difference i see your point, Its not like we had Grant, Driver, Jennings, Martin, Lee, Jackson to throw the ball to. Oh wait yes those were his targets my bad next excuse?

"Cheesey" wrote:

Uh....i mean on DEFENSE.
The Jets were behind today, and it wasn't Favre that won the game for them at the end.
Rodgers doesn't have that luxery.

"dhazer" wrote:

Ok i thought you were referring to how many times we had to score last year in the final 5 minutes that would be easier to compare not wouldn't it ;)

"Cheesey" wrote:

Do you actually KNOW that stat, cause i don't.
I DO know that this is Aaron Rodgers's first year, and it isn't fair to compare him with someone that has had 16 years expierience.

"dhazer" wrote:

Hahahhaha see told you NON someone would use that excuse so maybe ill check out cassells stats sometime this week. It takes awhile to go thru the drive logs that would probably be the best comparision but someone will probably thats not fair cassell hasnt started a game since high school lol.

I'll go thru last year and do bretts stats and ill do cassell's stats this year.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Believe it or not, I actually agree with dhazer on this point. The comparison is fair because Rodgers is the quarterback management decided to put on the field this year. Therefore, it makes sense to compare his output with that of the options that were available to management, regardless of how much experience they may or may not have had.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
15 years ago

My opinion is that Rhodes AND Sherman came in with a HUGE amount of talent on the team, and wasted it.
Mike McCarthy came in with the team on the down swing talent wise, and it DOES take time to build it back up.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I think McCarthy came in with the talent on the upswing actually.
Thompson got the team younger by drafting some pretty good young talent and in a brief moment of lucidity got a couple of good freeagents.

We went 8-8 and 13-3, the window was wide open.
Now all of a sudden somebody slammed that window shut and we are back on a losing track.

I don't think we are that far away from flinging that window open again but the Packer organization is going to have to make some changes in their philosophy.
Cheesey
15 years ago
It's not fair either way.......they play for different teams, don't they???
Who says Cassel would be any good if he was on the Packers?
Besides......Rodgers has been damn good. If you watch any of the games, you'd realize that its been the D that has let us down game after game after game.
But i know.....you refuse to admit that, as it might take the "glow" off your Favre love/Rodgers hate.
At least you are consistant.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Honestly, if the Packers lose to the Lions in Week 17, Ted Thompson might be forced to fire Mike McCarthy, because otherwise he might be ridden out of town on a rail.

The Packers do have a history of falling to winless teams. I'll never forget Peyton Manning's rookie year: The Colts were 0-10, the Packers were 10-0.

The Colts won.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Believe it or not, I actually agree with dhazer on this point. The comparison is fair because Rodgers is the quarterback management decided to put on the field this year. Therefore, it makes sense to compare his output with that of the options that were available to management, regardless of how much experience they may or may not have had.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Well then, if you want to DO that, compare Favre's stats versus Rodger's stats.
All the rest of what happens falls on the rest of the TEAM, doesn't it?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Yes.
UserPostedImage