beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/15/jim-mcmahon-packers-are-the-best-organization-i-played-for-bears-are-where-qbs-go-to-die/ 

The only starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl for the Bears has made some comments that won’t go over well in Chicago.

Jim McMahon, who started his career in Chicago and ended it in Green Bay, told 1252 Sports that Green Bay was the best franchise he was with in the NFL.

“It was the best team, or the best organization, that I’ve played for of the seven teams I’ve played for,” McMahon said. “By far. From top to bottom it was great people.”

McMahon was the Bears’ first-round draft pick in 1982, won Super Bowl XX with the 1985 Bears, and stayed in Chicago through the 1988 season. He then had stints with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Cardinals and Browns before going to the Packers, where he won a Super Bowl XXXI ring as Brett Favre’s backup. McMahon said the Bears have always emphasized defense and the running game and have never been able to develop a quarterback.

“I think it’s where quarterbacks go to die,” McMahon said.

McMahon isn’t much of a fan these days. Asked what the Bears should do in the draft, he said, “I don’t know, don’t watch them, don’t care. I wouldn’t know what they need or who they’re thinking of drafting.”

UserPostedImage
3 years ago
He should get some bumper stickers and T-shirts made, stating, "Chicago, home of where NFL QB's go to die" Just ask their last 39 qb's since 1985
Cheesey
3 years ago

He should get some bumper stickers and T-shirts made, stating, "Chicago, home of where NFL QB's go to die" Just ask their last 39 qb's since 1985

Originally Posted by: packerfanoutwest 

Or, he could have bumper stickers and T-shirts that say.....
The Bears Still Suck!!!😁

Oh....wait......that’s been done already.....😂😂😂🤪

My question to him would be....”then WHY did you wear a BEARS shirt when the Packers went to the White House after SB31???”
Kind of a hypocrite if you ask me. Typical Bears player.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

The Bears Still Suck!!!😁

My question to him would be....”then WHY did you wear a BEARS shirt when the Packers went to the White House after SB31???”

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

IIRC, he wore it because the 1985 Bears White House visit was cancelled because of the Challenger Disaster. It was less to rock the boat and more for his old teammates.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
3 years ago

IIRC, he wore it because the 1985 Bears White House visit was cancelled because of the Challenger Disaster. It was less to rock the boat and more for his old teammates.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Oh SURE Mucky!!! RUIN my rant!!!😉😁😂
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Oh SURE Mucky!!! RUIN my rant!!!😉😁😂

Gonna ruin it further! 😁

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Cheesey
3 years ago

Gonna ruin it further! 😁

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Uh oh.....🤣😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

The Bears Still Suck!!!😁

As has been pointed out, this was explained long time ago. You get bumped on the head young fella? 🤪

Even knowing about the Bears jersey and the reasoning behind, McMahon's comments came as a surprise to me. Although, I think much is made about it that isn't necessary. The guy just feels the Packers are a better ran organization from top to bottom than the Bears. This feels like old news to me. It also seems strange that so many fans (not anyone here) who believe that to be true, are also the ones complaining the Packers aren't doing enough in free agency, aren't drafting the "right" pieces, etc. It is an interesting
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

As has been pointed out, this was explained long time ago. You get bumped on the head young fella? 🤪

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Hey! You are only 40 years old! So you only have 40 years of stuff to remember! I have 23 more years of stuff to remember!
So some stuff gets pushed way back to the back burners!’
Besides.....it’s about a BEARS player. Why would I remember THAT?!?!🤪😂😂😂
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Hey! You are only 40 years old! So you only have 40 years of stuff to remember! I have 23 more years of stuff to remember!
So some stuff gets pushed way back to the back burners!’
Besides.....it’s about a BEARS player. Why would I remember THAT?!?!🤪😂😂😂

Ha, only. I feel half that, act a quarter of that, but every one keeps telling me I'm so old. It's one heckuva conundrum.

As for why remember something about the Bears? Well young grasshopper, you must know your enemies and know them well!! 🤪
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (13h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (15h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (17h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (17h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (18h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.