beast
3 years ago

The rumoured 3 teams he would go to are San Fran, Denver, and Raiders. I could see Raiders, but we would have to take on Carr's salary.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

No! They can cut or trade him!

Also the question does he have control where he goes? If the Dolphins offer 3 first round picks, maybe we could trade him to them, though I don't think that's happening.

Though the Broncos might do it, their GM and Head Coach are from the NFC North... but they just traded for a vet QB

I think they'll try to keep Rodgers another year.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Unreal.
A guy making so much money in my view has NOTHING to complain about.
He signed the contract!!! Live up to it!
I don’t care who he doesn’t like. His job is to QB the team on the field.
This kind of crap, if true, frustrates the heck out of me.
Does he remember when he was drafted, and the crap that went on with Favre? So now he is going to act like a jerk too?
He had his shots in the NFC championship game, and did not come through. He’s guilty for not getting it done in crunch time.
UserPostedImage
porky88
3 years ago
Unless he restructures, he is not tradeable. The cap hit would destroy the Packers regardless of the capital we get.

If he did restructure, which he won't in time for a draft trade, then I would want more for him than what the Rams traded for Matt Stafford. I would not trade him to San Francisco though.

This isn't about Super Bowls. The Raiders and Broncos are not built to make a Super Bowl run. Does he really want to go through Pat Mahommes?

Personally, I think he wants to live on the West Coast and get paid more than any player. All players have egos and Rodgers is no different. We romanticize these guys but they aren't infallible. He is who he is. Nothing wrong with that but it's a missed opportunity. If this happens, then he will have a legacy in GB that falls short of what it could have been.

I think the issues that caused Rodgers slip to GB in the 2004 draft never really went away. They seem to be materializing now. There's a lot of smoke here.
Cheesey
3 years ago
He should just play, and suck it up. He signed the contract. No one held a gun to his head.
Look at how many teams passed on him? Does he forget who gave him his chance?
And who has paid him a boatload of money?
I just don’t get it.
UserPostedImage
isocleas2
3 years ago
Too much smoke to not be some kind of fire. He either gets what he wants and is traded or he puts a crapload of pressure on Gute to draft some offensive help. Win win for Rodgers if he doesn't care about the publicity blowback, but when you're the reigning mvp you can probably spare some.
Cheesey
3 years ago

Too much smoke to not be some kind of fire. He either gets what he wants and is traded or he puts a crapload of pressure on Gute to draft some offensive help. Win win for Rodgers if he doesn't care about the publicity blowback, but when you're the reigning mvp you can probably spare some.

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

Yeah....he probably thinks “look what Favre did, and the fans forgave him. So I can get away with it too!”
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

He should just play, and suck it up. He signed the contract. No one held a gun to his head.
Look at how many teams passed on him? Does he forget who gave him his chance?
And who has paid him a boatload of money?
I just don’t get it.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

All a contract does is layout the boundaries of a relationship; it is not indentured servitude. If, for example, I'm Rodgers I can retort by saying the Packers paid me a boatload of money but I have earned them 10x more in net revenue than what the Packers have paid me -- given that enormous value and benefit he's contributed to generating, it isn't far fetched for Rodgers to think he's earned some ability to continue to get paid on his terms moreso than the Packers' terms. If a team is within their rights to walk away from a contract (e.g., Mike Daniels, Josh Sitton, TJ Lang, Charles Woodson are a only a few players the Packers released), a player is within their rights in not wanting to honor their contract either.

All this is to say: Rodgers is a smart dude. He surely knows the Packers simply don't have the cap space to navigate trading him away while dealing with the cap consequences. I don't doubt Rodgers wants to really cash out on what will likely be his last contract and wants to know he is the unchallenged QB1 as long as he wants to be - he's arguably earned it. He's pretty much played his trump card: trade me since I don't want to come back... but what exactly are his options? Forego one of the last 2 or 3 seasons he may have? Pay back bonus money to the Packers by retiring? Sit at home and wait for a call from Jeopardy that isn't likely to come (Lavar Burton seems to be the people's choice)? Risk out on cementing his legacy (and one-upping Favre) with another Superbowl win? Risking another possible $100 million dollar payday on his last 3 or 4 year contract by leaving the game if the Packers don't trade him?

Rodgers will eventually deny things were that bad or that he ever entertained not playing for the Packers - he's sharp/clever like that. He'll be at training camp, he'll play for the Packers, and this (unfortunately) will be a distraction throughout the year/next off-season. In every possible scenario in other sports, the beloved hero on his last lap gets traded out of goodwill to win a championship - not because they force the teams hand with next to minimal leverage. Rodgers can pout all he wants, but frankly his options are very limited.

That said, this kinda confirms that the end of the Rodgers era in GB is not too far away. It was a tremendous ride... hopefully there is one more MVP-caliber season left in him while wearing the green and gold.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
stevegb
3 years ago
My understanding was the packers approached him to restructure it and then he responded by wanting an extension. If that's the case I sort of side with Rodgers, I feel like this current management are as egotistical/more so than Rodgers has been. At least Rodgers has done things in the league to live up to his arrogance.
blank
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

My understanding was the packers approached him to restructure it and then he responded by wanting an extension. If that's the case I sort of side with Rodgers, I feel like this current management are as egotistical/more so than Rodgers has been. At least Rodgers has done things in the league to live up to his arrogance.

Originally Posted by: stevegb 

The Packers could have restructured his contract without telling Aaron Rodgers.

How is it you feel this management egotistical? I'm not saying they are without ego, no one is except maybe Ted Thompson, I'm just curious how Packers management is made you feel they are egotistical.

I also disagree with the notion that Rodgers is arrogant. He's super confident and likes to have fun with good natured ribbings. Often times, those ribbings and comments get pulled out of context and look arrogant. When you know the full story, you realize he has a good rapport with people and is just having fun. I've watched this happened many times over the years, and not just with Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (8h) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.