Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Here's a chunk from the latest Tyler Dunne piece.

If there is one downside to making the playoffs in 21 of 28 years, it’s that you rarely ever have a shot to draft one of the best quarterbacks out of college. You’re always picking in the 20s. So, it’s not too complicated as a Packers GM: If there’s an ultra-talented prospect you believe in, you better draft that prospect.

Miss your shot and you’ll be caught with your pants down whenever your current QB fades.

Gutekunst was looking out for the Packers.

“You have to protect your operation, your organization,” Wolf says. “And if you have a guy who you think is that good and you’re willing to take him in the first round, you better take him — regardless of the position. And there isn’t a better person to take than a person at that position to protect your football team. What I’ve read is they’re really upset because the Packers didn’t take a wide receiver. I mean, they look like they’re doing OK with receivers.”

Wolf does not recall a player in his tenure seeking a trade with three years left on his contract, either.

In fact, he believes the Packers organization is as player-friendly and player-oriented as it gets in sports.

That was always central to The Packer Way.

“I mean, these guys want to go somewhere else and I bet they’re shocked when they go other places to see what they’ve given up leaving the Packers.”

“That whole building is designed to benefit the player. And they’re not asked to do anything but play football. To me, that’s a very important thing. I don’t know anything about this new regime. But I assume that hasn’t changed. That in itself is enough right there — they’re asking the guys to be representative, be professional football players and play football. That’s it. Everything else is all taken care of.”

Possibly, a month to cool off helps. After all, Russell Wilson is still a Seahawk. Wilson took a deep breath and agreed to play in Seattle for one more season anyways.

The grass is not always greener. Maybe Rodgers realizes that at some point this month, changes his mind and keeps on ordering those steaks at Chives in nearby Suamico.

Right now, it sure seems like he’s had enough after 16 years.

Says Wolf: “Obviously there’s something that has a burr in his saddle.”

Source: Go Long TD 

Tyler Dunne wrote:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Wolf is right. If Rodgers thinks he going to go somewhere else and run the show, he’s wrong. Other teams have OWNERS that run the show.
He may think the grass will be greener somewhere else, but he’ll have to mow it there, too.

Does he want the Packers to go “all in”? If so, maybe he should consider going “all in” himself and take a pay CUT, to allow the Packers to be able to use that money to pick up needed FAs. If he wants to be greedy, then he himself is destroying any chance that the Packers have to be able to afford top players.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Wolf is right. If Rodgers thinks he going to go somewhere else and run the show, he’s wrong. Other teams have OWNERS that run the show.
He may think the grass will be greener somewhere else, but he’ll have to mow it there, too.

Does he want the Packers to go “all in”? If so, maybe he should consider going “all in” himself and take a pay CUT, to allow the Packers to be able to use that money to pick up needed FAs. If he wants to be greedy, then he himself is destroying any chance that the Packers have to be able to afford top players.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I am going to back to my statement prior to his last contract. They should have offered him something like five years $120 million guaranteed. Kind of like the Kirk Cousins deal, but better. Maybe 10 years for $120 guaranteed to spread it out long-term.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

I am going to back to my statement prior to his last contract. They should have offered him something like five years $120 million guaranteed. Kind of like the Kirk Cousins deal, but better. Maybe 10 years for $120 guaranteed to spread it out long-term.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

True. But it’s too late. They can’t go back in time and fix it.
Something has to be done to fix where it’s at now.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
This is a good 15 minutes of Ron Wolf. He doesn't seem to be a fan of having "30" assistants or throwing young QB's on the field too soon. The host starts talking about how divided the fan base, how this and that and Ron Wolf goes "and Lambeau Field was still full". Shut the host right the hell up.

https://www.audacy.com/bigshownetwork/sports/former-green-bay-packers-hof-gm-ron-wolf-joins-the-show 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (26m) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (27m) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (2h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (2h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (2h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (3h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (3h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (14h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (16h) : damn those vikings
beast (16h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (16h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (16h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (16h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (23h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.