nerdmann
2 years ago
Really sick of this dumb bullshit about how winning the MVP "changed the timeline"  of the Packers moving on from Aaron. WTF makes you think that is true, Aaron?

Things that change the timeline of the Packers moving on from Aaron:

-Aaron doing too much coke with the Jonas Brothers, thus developing an inflated sense of self importance.

-NOT winning Championship games.

-Repeated passive aggressive pranks on Matt.

-Douchiness

-Getting Ted fired. Trying to get everyone else fired, so Aaron can run the front office.

-Not winning championship games.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
2 years ago
Packers Organization is just happy to make the playoffs every year, especially when the other division opponents don't. Their goal is not winning the SB. But, if they win the big one, so be it.
dhazer
2 years ago
What I am really curious about is how do the other receivers feel about Rodgers and his crying about not getting him weapons? Does that make you want to go out and give that extra effort to help your qb? It is just amazing he put up big stats with these guys but he still wasn't happy with them. He needs to start looking in the mirror and why they lose these Championship games. Maybe he shouldn't choke in them.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
2 years ago

Really sick of this dumb bullshit about how winning the MVP "changed the timeline"  of the Packers moving on from Aaron. WTF makes you think that is true, Aaron?

Things that change the timeline of the Packers moving on from Aaron:

-Aaron doing too much coke with the Jonas Brothers, thus developing an inflated sense of self importance.

-NOT winning Championship games.

-Repeated passive aggressive pranks on Matt.

-Douchiness

-Getting Ted fired. Trying to get everyone else fired, so Aaron can run the front office.

-Not winning championship games.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Ted needed to be fired. RIP, but that's the reality. He should have been fired sooner. Same with MM. I believe some of AR's discontent is a residual effect of GBP not doing so sooner. I find Gute to be a significant departure from TT, but he is from that "tree", which includes a philosophy of getting that QB that solidifies your legacy as a GM...at least that's my interpretation of Wolf, et al. So many speak of the GBP as dysfunctional, having screwed this up, poorly managing AR, etc. I don't see that. I see them paying a "sensitivity" price for some past indiscretions. I don't view Rodgers as a choker in championship games, or him overly pranking MF. Douchiness...well, I'll have to get back to everyone on that one, as I'm leaning hard toward Douchiness at this writing, but let's wait and see the level of Douchiness...I owe him that much, on a personal perspective level.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

What I am really curious about is how do the other receivers feel about Rodgers and his crying about not getting him weapons? Does that make you want to go out and give that extra effort to help your qb? It is just amazing he put up big stats with these guys but he still wasn't happy with them. He needs to start looking in the mirror and why they lose these Championship games. Maybe he shouldn't choke in them.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I'm curious about how this narrative keeps getting pushed around because Aaron Rodgers hasn't cried at all about needing more weapons. He's touted his WR's and TE's profusely. It's sickening how deplorable the media is in ignoring this as if we fans are ignorant and naïve enough to fall for their fake news agenda driven trash. (annnnd exhale)

If anything, this should be a rallying cry from the QB. "Look boys, the pundits thing the Packers need more weapons. -- FUCK THEM, let's show them we have the weapons and lead the league in scoring!". That's how petty I would be with it, lol. I would try to shape it as it's US vs the world and try to galvanize the offenses as such.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

I'm curious about how this narrative keeps getting pushed around because Aaron Rodgers hasn't cried at all about needing more weapons. He's touted his WR's and TE's profusely. It's sickening how deplorable the media is in ignoring this as if we fans are ignorant and naïve enough to fall for their fake news agenda driven trash. (annnnd exhale)

If anything, this should be a rallying cry from the QB. "Look boys, the pundits thing the Packers need more weapons. -- FUCK THEM, let's show them we have the weapons and lead the league in scoring!". That's how petty I would be with it, lol. I would try to shape it as it's US vs the world and try to galvanize the offenses as such.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

But "we" are. The masses are almost always easily led one direction or another. (I am ignoring all the political overtones that comes with my comment.) All it takes is a lot of people in the media saying the same thing. Then saying it over and over again.
I remember years ago listening to my Dad tell me that he read something in Newsweek magazine so it had to be true. It didn't matter that the article was 10 years old and times had changed. Or that he mis-read the story or perhaps remembered it incorrectly. He read it there first and it was always going to be true.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Being as we can’t get any actual facts from the people that are actually involved in this, all “we” have are the guesses and ramblings from the “media”, who most likely have no more actual facts then any of us do.
So “we” are left flapping in the wind, wondering WHO would shaft “our” beloved Packers.
I have no clue which side is right or wrong. Or if any of them are right or wrong.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
2 years ago

Being as we can’t get any actual facts from the people that are actually involved in this, all “we” have are the guesses and ramblings from the “media”, who most likely have no more actual facts then any of us do.
So “we” are left flapping in the wind, wondering WHO would shaft “our” beloved Packers.
I have no clue which side is right or wrong. Or if any of them are right or wrong.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The story for the media is that Aaron does not want to return to the Packers and they are going to run with that for all it's worth. Guys like Ike Greenburg are almost gleeful when discussing this topic. When Hasselbeck came out this am and said he thought Arod would be back I though Greenburg was going to cry insisting he though Matt was wrong.
It doesn't matter that he hasn't said I "won't" play for the Packers, or I won't play if Gutekunst stays. The story is only big if he leaves right? That he will probably return is not nearly the story his leaving would be.
The fact is Rodgers has left a clear path to return. He has been in no way critical of the players, coaches, the fans, or, even the city of Green Bay and made no comments that paints him in a corner. Gutey and the FO can keep their distance and everything can go on as normal.
In the meantime, we as fans, have to deal with the fact that the STORY is Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. Not that he very well might return and the pundits will use every angle to promote their narrative because that keeps the story front and center.

"The train is leaving the station."
Cheesey
2 years ago
That’s true. None of us knows what really was said, or in what context.
It may be that Rodgers had a few too many glasses of scotch, and mumbled to a “friend” that he’s ticked off at some FO guy, and (at the time) won’t play for the Packers anymore. Said “friend” tells someone, and off to the races it goes.
Who of us hasn’t said something when ticked off, that once we calmed down we didn’t really mean what we said?
As Rodgers hasn’t said anything while interviewed that let’s on to what he’s really thinking, who knows what the truth is? He can say nothing, and then can lean either way and not be called a liar. He can just sit back and let the media sharks do his dirty work for him. He has played this brilliantly in my opinion.
He can deny anything, and there’s no proof either way.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
They said they would trade him, essentially if they didn't think hewas bluffing, apparently?

Interesting speculation in this piece.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.