nerdmann
2 years ago
First really critical article about Love, from a somewhat "official" source. Not a subscriber. Anyone wanna give a summary?

Link 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

First really critical article about Love, from a somewhat "official" source. Not a subscriber. Anyone wanna give a summary?

Link 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

ESPN had him ranked 20th best prospect in the NFL draft for 2020.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
*Sigh*
Love has thrown the ball 62 times. That's it. It's too soon to say anything so the "official" you are touting is no one from the team. You know, someone who actually has knowledge about the status of Love and his abilities.

In the KC game he had no time to do anything. The OL was horrible.

Rodgers completion percent his first two seasons was 56 and 40 with a rating of 40 and 48. Love didn't see the field his first year at all and his percent was 58% with a rating of 68 last season. So using the same intuitive measurements I can proclaim Love will be greater than Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago
Wpr is right. Love was under duress all day in that game. Remember, it was an Aaron-based game plan. Aaron tested positive on Wednesday was it? Not only was Love under pressure with unblocked zero blitzes all day, but he only had a couple days of reps with the starters.

Two of these plays were back shoulders to Davante. Those are Aaron Rodgers plays. One of these was INT'd. You can't have that type of timing and rhythm with your WR after only two days of reps. That just ain't gonna happen. Especially falling backwards with an edge rusher in your lap.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

Wpr is right. Love was under duress all day in that game. Remember, it was an Aaron-based game plan. Aaron tested positive on Wednesday was it? Not only was Love under pressure with unblocked zero blitzes all day, but he only had a couple days of reps with the starters.

Two of these plays were back shoulders to Davante. Those are Aaron Rodgers plays. One of these was INT'd. You can't have that type of timing and rhythm with your WR after only two days of reps. That just ain't gonna happen. Especially falling backwards with an edge rusher in your lap.

But Heaven forbid Rodgers do anything like that. Make all the excuses in the world for Love but blame Rodgers for everything that is obviously not his fault lol.

The OL was awesome all year long, except for that game against Denver. Sounds to me like Rodgers did a good job of making the OL look good.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I watched that twenty minutes of JT O'Sullivan and it seemed like all he did was point out what Jordan Love didn't do well. As for that first play, he should have hit Daffney regardless of the play or the TE blocking on the backside or not. Daffney was wide open and easy 5-7 yard gain if not a first down.

Yes, I am aware the game plan was predicated on Aaron Rodgers, but that first throw is a gimmie.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
2 years ago
Good video. What I mainly see is Love needs to continue to develop accuracy while throwing on the run. Rodgers is exceptional at it. Well see if Love improves here.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
nerdmann
2 years ago

But Heaven forbid Rodgers do anything like that. Make all the excuses in the world for Love but blame Rodgers for everything that is obviously not his fault lol.

The OL was awesome all year long, except for that game against Denver. Sounds to me like Rodgers did a good job of making the OL look good.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Played better than Mahomes. Mahomes should be the one looking for excuses, not Love.
beast
2 years ago

Aaron Rodgers plays? Um, what are you smoking? Most better passing highschool systems have back shoulder throws built in, almost all college and pros teams... that's not a Rodgers throw, but a every decent QB throw.

Also, the Packers do rotations, so every QB gets some work with every WR, yes 1st team gets more work with 1st team, but it's a few months more than only a couple of days.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Exactly, he's blindly blaming Rodgers for anything and everything, including the kitchen sink... it's nuts.

And yes Rodgers made the OL looked great, as they struggled more than normal with a very young and growing interior OL. The OL struggled more than we realized and I think they could surprise us by looking at OL higher in the draft than we are expecting.

Played better than Mahomes. Mahomes should be the one looking for excuses, not Love.

They were facing different defenses though, this is why the QBs hate the it's QB vs QB stuff as it's not, it's QB vs a different defense.

Love doesn't need any excuses, if you weren't being a dumbass and trying to sandbox Rodgers at every turn.

Love was expected to be a long term project... I disagree with the Packers drafting him, as drafting a position player could of potential had us in the Super Bowl the last two years...

But considering we did draft him, he was thought to be a 1st rounder long term development, and so far he hasn't done anything to think he won't develop if he keeps improving.

Love struggled against the zero coverage, guess what, so did Lamar Jackson in muliple games and he's won an MVP award and been starting for a couple of years. But Bengals showed that he struggles against zero coverage blitz's and then every opponent started doing it to them.

Knowing what Love was before the draft, as far as we know he's on the same path. No need to knock him.

But he's simply not as good as Aaron Rodgers... guess what, no one in the world has been the last two years... that's not a knock on Love, just a reality, Rodgers has been playing out of his mind in what I consider the best offensive system.

Is Rodgers or any player perfect? No... did he make mistakes? Every single player and coach made mistakes. But there is no reason to blame Rodgers for his 5% of mistakes... and especially not a reason to blame him for things that he had absolutely no control of like whom the team has, as that's on the GM, not Rodgers.

But the Packers need.to get and stay healthy, especially on OL, and that should open everything up... and it wouldn't hurt if they upgrade the OL and the receivers.

Also, while I'm at it, get some better depth at DT and DB.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Aaron Rodgers plays? Um, what are you smoking? Most better passing highschool systems have back shoulder throws built in, almost all college and pros teams... that's not a Rodgers throw, but a every decent QB throw.

Also, the Packers do rotations, so every QB gets some work with every WR, yes 1st team gets more work with 1st team, but it's a few months more than only a couple of days.

Exactly, he's blindly blaming Rodgers for anything and everything, including the kitchen sink... it's nuts.

And yes Rodgers made the OL looked great, as they struggled more than normal with a very young and growing interior OL. The OL struggled more than we realized and I think they could surprise us by looking at OL higher in the draft than we are expecting.

They were facing different defenses though, this is why the QBs hate the it's QB vs QB stuff as it's not, it's QB vs a different defense.

Love doesn't need any excuses, if you weren't being a dumbass and trying to sandbox Rodgers at every turn.

Love was expected to be a long term project... I disagree with the Packers drafting him, as drafting a position player could of potential had us in the Super Bowl the last two years...

But considering we did draft him, he was thought to be a 1st rounder long term development, and so far he hasn't done anything to think he won't develop if he keeps improving.

Love struggled against the zero coverage, guess what, so did Lamar Jackson in muliple games and he's won an MVP award and been starting for a couple of years. But Bengals showed that he struggles against zero coverage blitz's and then every opponent started doing it to them.

Knowing what Love was before the draft, as far as we know he's on the same path. No need to knock him.

But he's simply not as good as Aaron Rodgers... guess what, no one in the world has been the last two years... that's not a knock on Love, just a reality, Rodgers has been playing out of his mind in what I consider the best offensive system.

Is Rodgers or any player perfect? No... did he make mistakes? Every single player and coach made mistakes. But there is no reason to blame Rodgers for his 5% of mistakes... and especially not a reason to blame him for things that he had absolutely no control of like whom the team has, as that's on the GM, not Rodgers.

But the Packers need.to get and stay healthy, especially on OL, and that should open everything up... and it wouldn't hurt if they upgrade the OL and the receivers.

Also, while I'm at it, get some better depth at DT and DB.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Two days of practice that week and Love is supposed to connect with Davante on those back shoulder plays the same as Aaron Rodgers, who's been building up sympatico with Davante for 8 years?

Sure, he can work on his accuracy, but 10 reps with Davante isn't the same thing.

This article sounds to me like management sending Love a message through the media.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (4h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (4h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (6h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (6h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (6h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (7h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (7h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (18h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (19h) : damn those vikings
beast (20h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (20h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (20h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (20h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.