Cheesey
2 years ago
How many teams win the Super Bowl each year?
Getting rid of Rodgers means at LEAST 4 or 5 years of mediocre seasons. At LEAST.
So, if they can put some decent players in other parts of the team, Rodgers still gives us the best chance at going all the way. As I pointed out already, most of the playoff losses in previous years was NOT because of Rodgers.
So if Gute gets serious and fills some glaring needs, there's no reason to not win it all.
But if those needs are not addressed, then you can expect similar results.
Against the Bucaneers, Kevin King was the weak link that cost the most. Tampa's defense was superior to ours and made Brady's mistakes null.
This year our special teams cost us the game. To blame losses like that on ARA is short sighted.
How far did Brady take TB this year? It's a team game. One mam can't do it all. Look at NEs super bowl win against Seattle. It wasn't Brady being perfect, it was Seattle screwing it up by passing on the goal line instead of handing the ball off to Lynch

Luck can play into a game. And one play can swing momentum.
JMO, but I feel Aaron Rodgers still gives us the best chance to win.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
2 years ago
Certainly you are correct about all of the playoff losses can’t be hung on Rodgers alone.
Unfortunately keeping Rodgers and his ridiculous contract is going to hogtie the Packers for years to come.
Kind of like your prediction of fallow years without him.
He is not a winner when it comes to playoff games and I would rather move on without him.
porky88
2 years ago
The premise of the article is wrong because it relies on the notion that Aaron Rodgers is Tom Brady.

Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady. Simple as that.

The situations are completely different. Brady is the greatest QB ever. Rodgers is not. I know that's a hard truth for many Packers fans, as the 2010s was supposed to be the Packers' decade. Instead the decade belong to the Patriots just as the 2000s did. We can't go with the "what if" scenarios to build up Rodgers. He's just not a big game quarterback. There's a lot of issues you can point to, but a lot of these postseason games saw Rodgers not play at the same level he did in the regular season.

Rodgers is much more comparable to Drew Brees than he is Tom Brady. As is the Packers' situation.

The Saints kept Brees and it didn't workout relative to Super Bowls. However, the Saints remained very relevant and Brees' legacy with the franchise is special.

Do we trade Rodgers? No, not necessarily. It's a hard decision to make. If someone is going to say we're going to give you 3 first-round picks and two starters in return for a 39-year-old QB (who is kind of a distraction), then I can see the argument. I'm not sure I go with the PFF trade proposal lingering out there, however. So, we do need the right compensation.

I also see an NFC that doesn't have a lot of great teams. Let's be honest. The Super Bowl this year was Cincinnati vs. Los Angeles. Green Bay beat both teams in the regular-season. The 49ers are good, but there's going to be a ton of growing pains with Trey Lance. What else is left in the NFC? In other words, there's a path for the Packers to make a run with Rodgers again - even though they may have less veteran presence on this team than in the last three years.

Alternatively, if you trade Rodgers and you take a hit in the next two years, you do have a lot of resources to retool a team. The Packers could just as easily turn those resources into quality players or their next franchise QB (if it's not Jordan Love). That could sustain success for another 15 years.

It's a tough decision. However, there is one variable that makes it easy. What if Rodgers doesn't want to play in Green Bay anymore? That was the case last year and they worked it out. However, you can't keep going back and forth as he did last summer. At some point, the two sides will separate.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Matt writes some good shit up there.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

How many teams win the Super Bowl each year?
Getting rid of Rodgers means at LEAST 4 or 5 years of mediocre seasons. At LEAST.
So, if they can put some decent players in other parts of the team, Rodgers still gives us the best chance at going all the way. As I pointed out already, most of the playoff losses in previous years was NOT because of Rodgers.
So if Gute gets serious and fills some glaring needs, there's no reason to not win it all.
But if those needs are not addressed, then you can expect similar results.
Against the Bucaneers, Kevin King was the weak link that cost the most. Tampa's defense was superior to ours and made Brady's mistakes null.
This year our special teams cost us the game. To blame losses like that on ARA is short sighted.
How far did Brady take TB this year? It's a team game. One mam can't do it all. Look at NEs super bowl win against Seattle. It wasn't Brady being perfect, it was Seattle screwing it up by passing on the goal line instead of handing the ball off to Lynch

Luck can play into a game. And one play can swing momentum.
JMO, but I feel Aaron Rodgers still gives us the best chance to win.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

How nany SB champion teams in the history of football had Aaron Rodgers as their QB?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
2 years ago

The premise of the article is wrong because it relies on the notion that Aaron Rodgers is Tom Brady.

Aaron Rodgers is not Tom Brady. Simple as that.

The situations are completely different. Brady is the greatest QB ever. Rodgers is not. I know that's a hard truth for many Packers fans, as the 2010s was supposed to be the Packers' decade. Instead the decade belong to the Patriots just as the 2000s did. We can't go with the "what if" scenarios to build up Rodgers. He's just not a big game quarterback. There's a lot of issues you can point to, but a lot of these postseason games saw Rodgers not play at the same level he did in the regular season.

Rodgers is much more comparable to Drew Brees than he is Tom Brady. As is the Packers' situation.

The Saints kept Brees and it didn't workout relative to Super Bowls. However, the Saints remained very relevant and Brees' legacy with the franchise is special.

Do we trade Rodgers? No, not necessarily. It's a hard decision to make. If someone is going to say we're going to give you 3 first-round picks and two starters in return for a 39-year-old QB (who is kind of a distraction), then I can see the argument. I'm not sure I go with the PFF trade proposal lingering out there, however. So, we do need the right compensation.

I also see an NFC that doesn't have a lot of great teams. Let's be honest. The Super Bowl this year was Cincinnati vs. Los Angeles. Green Bay beat both teams in the regular-season. The 49ers are good, but there's going to be a ton of growing pains with Trey Lance. What else is left in the NFC? In other words, there's a path for the Packers to make a run with Rodgers again - even though they may have less veteran presence on this team than in the last three years.

Alternatively, if you trade Rodgers and you take a hit in the next two years, you do have a lot of resources to retool a team. The Packers could just as easily turn those resources into quality players or their next franchise QB (if it's not Jordan Love). That could sustain success for another 15 years.

It's a tough decision. However, there is one variable that makes it easy. What if Rodgers doesn't want to play in Green Bay anymore? That was the case last year and they worked it out. However, you can't keep going back and forth as he did last summer. At some point, the two sides will separate.

Originally Posted by: porky88 

Starr, Unitas, Montana, Marino, Warren Moon, go from there. Brady, maybe top 10. As for Aaron, "Best Thrower of the Football." 😄
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pugger
2 years ago

Starr, Unitas, Montana, Marino, Warren Moon, go from there. Brady, maybe top 10. As for Aaron, "Best Thrower of the Football." 😄

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

If you google the top 10 QBs in league history you will see Rodgers in almost every list. If he is traded that team will become a SB favorite overnight just by his presence on that roster. Guys like him don't grow on trees.

I'm afraid Brady's unbelievable success has polluted a lot of fans' thinking that if a QB doesn't win multiple rings he is a disappointment. Only 12 QBs in the 55 years of the SB era have more than one ring. Of these only 4 have more than 2. Are Eli, Big Ben, Jim Plunkett and Bob Griese - some of the guys with just 2 - better than Rodgers? For years folks called Peyton Manning a playoff choker until he road the coattails of the Broncos' D to his second in SB 50.
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

Rodgers is a generational talent. Having a QB like him on your roster makes you an instant favorite to win it all and will make another team a favorite should we trade him away while we'll be just another @.500 team scrambling for a wild card spot. Love might be a good QB someday but watching all of the restructuring of other players' contracts is seems Gute and company are not quite ready to hand over the reins to Love just yet.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Like we have won it all so many times over the last eleven years WITH Rodgers under center?
Come on man!

Originally Posted by: Pugger 

I think you missed the whole point of the article….

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

How nany SB champion teams in the history of football had Aaron Rodgers as their QB?

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

ONE.
Which is one more then a lot of teams. I looked it up, and 12 NFL teams have never won even ONE Super Bowl. 56 Super Bowls, and the Packers have four wins.
Rodgers won one more SB then the Vikings and Lions have won in their existence, and the same amount as the Bears won in their existence. So I'd say that's not so horrible.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

ONE.
Which is one more then a lot of teams. I looked it up, and 12 NFL teams have never won even ONE Super Bowl. 56 Super Bowls, and the Packers have four wins.
Rodgers won one more SB then the Vikings and Lions have won in their existence, and the same amount as the Bears won in their existence. So I'd say that's not so horrible.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

But but but he won four MVP that means he should have won is eight Super Bowls!!!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (4h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (5h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (22h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (22h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (22h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (23h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.