Zero2Cool
2 years ago
This is sad, and funny.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Nathaniel Hackett and his coaching staff have deep ties to the 38-year-old quarterback and Paton’s done a good job maintaining significant cap flexibility. The Broncos can afford to sign Aaron Rodgers to a record breaking deal without gutting the roster.

Aaron Rodgers is “truly torn” between Packers and Broncos 
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

This is sad, and funny.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I wonder if Silver got the info straight from Rodgers?
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

I wonder if Silver got the info straight from Rodgers?

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

You mean the guy who values his privacy hard-core and friends even more is gonna go straight to a media person and blab?

If Aaron were to tell anyone close to the media, it'd be Pat. And he knows Pat can't keep a secret so he doesn't say shit to him lol
UserPostedImage
2 years ago
Purely a guess....

My first thought reading it was DB69 had told Silver directly but to keep it on the QT. His reaction would be consistent with "dude..c'mon,...i just told you to STFU"
Go Packers!!!!
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

You mean the guy who values his privacy hard-core and friends even more is gonna go straight to a media person and blab?

If Aaron were to tell anyone close to the media, it'd be Pat. And he knows Pat can't keep a secret so he doesn't say shit to him lol

Sure since Silver is a fellow Cal alum, worked on the West Coast during Rodgers college days, was the first to beat the MVP drum in 2011, one of the loudest critics of the Fail Mary game, etc. Silver might be part of the larger media group that Rodgers loathes but he's always been in Rodgers corner. If there's an exception, it'd be him.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Sure since Silver is a fellow Cal alum, worked on the West Coast during Rodgers college days, was the first to beat the MVP drum in 2011, one of the loudest critics of the Fail Mary game, etc. Silver might be part of the larger media group that Rodgers loathes but he's always been in Rodgers corner. If there's an exception, it'd be him.

Yeah, that just isn't likely at all, lol. Just because you went to the same college, you don't gossip about your buddies Wedding to them. Who knows though. I think it was more so David who said to Mike, not Aaron to Mike.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

Yeah, that just isn't likely at all, lol. Just because you went to the same college, you don't gossip about your buddies Wedding to them. Who knows though. I think it was more so David who said to Mike, not Aaron to Mike.

And you completely missed my point, lol. You're right when going to the same college doesn't mean shit about talking about a wedding. But it does mean something when you're a junior who transferred in from JUCO and a Sports Illustrated writer/Cal alum with a national audience wants to talk after the game. Compared to guys like Cowherd, Smith, Bayless etc, Silver had a means of direct, personal access to Rodgers before his pro career ever began. And like I said, Silver has always been staunchly Rodgers during his time in the NFL. It could be improbable but I wouldn't rule it out as impossible.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

And you completely missed my point, lol.

Okay. So, what is your point? Because my point still seems to stand pretty strong and yours doesn't seem to be made. At least, according you I'm completely missing it. And if your point is Rodgers was the one who spoke to Mike Silver, I think I already explained how that is unlikely.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

Okay. So, what is your point? Because my point still seems to stand pretty strong and yours doesn't seem to be made. At least, according you I'm completely missing it. And if your point is Rodgers was the one who spoke to Mike Silver, I think I already explained how that is unlikely.

Reposting since you missed it the first time around

You're right when going to the same college doesn't mean shit about talking about a wedding. But it does mean something when you're a junior who transferred in from JUCO and a Sports Illustrated writer/Cal alum with a national audience wants to talk after the game. Compared to guys like Cowherd, Smith, Bayless etc, Silver had a means of direct, personal access to Rodgers before his pro career ever began. And like I said, Silver has always been staunchly Rodgers during his time in the NFL. It could be improbable but I wouldn't rule it out as impossible.

My point was that Silver was always been in a better position to cultivate a relationship early on in Rodgers career (collegiate and pro) compared to other media personalities. Silver penned dozens of Sports Illustrated cover stories and been a columnist in NFL circles for a long time. You don't get to that position without cultivating relationships with players on and off the record (which is probably why Bakh was so pissed, he probably wasn't expecting something like that out of Silver).

If there's an exception to Rodgers not liking traditional media personalities, Silver would be the one because he's been in Rodgers corner the longest and Rodgers is big on that sort of thing as we've seen.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (7h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (8h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.