nerdmann
2 years ago

Do you have a top 35 prospects? Not where you think they'll be selected, but just the best 35?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'll make a list, at least for the first round.

I always do this, from the Packers perspective, from the standpoint of their needs. There's always some guys who can play, but don't fit Gutey's analytics, or wouldn't be best in the system.

I'll try to find at least 28 guys I'd like, ensuring that we'd be able to get at least one of them at each pick.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
2 years ago
Just my opinion..... I know they always take "the best player available". But to me, if your idea is to win NOW, because your MVP HOF QB probably won't be around for long, you should pick for immediate need. With 2 first round picks, you should be able to get a real good WR for your offense. Which is a huge need right now

So if you use your pick on a position that you already have good players, how will that help you win now?
If you have a car with a flat tire, and you can buy 3 car batteries at a good deal, your car still won't be drivable.
Like I said, it's just my opinion.
So don't go off on me!😁
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
2 years ago

Just my opinion..... I know they always take "the best player available". But to me, if your idea is to win NOW, because your MVP HOF QB probably won't be around for long, you should pick for immediate need. With 2 first round picks, you should be able to get a real good WR for your offense. Which is a huge need right now

So if you use your pick on a position that you already have good players, how will that help you win now?
If you have a car with a flat tire, and you can buy 3 car batteries at a good deal, your car still won't be drivable.
Like I said, it's just my opinion.
So don't go off on me!😁

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Well there are may ways to victory. One could say a WR is our most pressing need as that is what our QB wants. Getting Kenny some help, another Edge rusher, an upgrade to Star position....heck improve our D to something elite is another way to win now. Not sure how much "need" factors in to win now as very few positions allow an easy transition from college to pros. Edge and Running back might be your best option for immediate impact help.

Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We're kind of spoiled by having the back-to-back NFL MVP playing QB, which is exactly why you do not reach to grab a WR for grabbing-WR-sake. There are free agent WR's out there who can help just as much as a late 1st round rookie is going to (my speculation, Jarvis Landry for example).

We have to also consider the rarity of rookies having a major impact on teams. BUT, it cannot be ignored that sometimes DEPTH can have a big impact. So, let's say you have two OLB's, if you draft another one, that helps those two be more effective because they can rest without a colossal drop-off.

Offensive players do not have the fast impact as much as defensive players do. Of course, there are exceptio0ns to that, (e.g. J. Chase) but Packers aren't picking in top half of round one unless they pee-pee away draft capital.

I will agree if the Packers have a WR with a 1B grade and then an OL with 1C, you take the WR because of the 2023 need.

Draft for immediate need, because "immediate" needs in April/May are kind of pointless. I'm probably just a Ted Thompson homer though because he would say your need in Spring isn't going to be your need in Fall/Winter and you can never have too many good football players.

If we need immediate help, we must address that via free agency, not by "reaching" in the draft.

If we need immediate WR help, there's guys like Will Fuller, Julio Jones (😬), Jarvis Landry, Allen Hurns, and some others.

Only my opinion.

Don't go off on me!!!😁😁
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

Well there are may ways to victory. One could say a WR is our most pressing need as that is what our QB wants. Getting Kenny some help, another Edge rusher, an upgrade to Star position....heck improve our D to something elite is another way to win now. Not sure how much "need" factors in to win now as very few positions allow an easy transition from college to pros. Edge and Running back might be your best option for immediate impact help.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

The did sign Reed on the Dline, so they got a little depth back after Keke left. Plus Slaton should take a step his second year.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
2 years ago
Mr. Nerdmann, did you intentionally neglect ILB? Any thoughts in this regard?

I would like the Packers to draft Chenal (sp?) from Wisconsin in the 3rd round if available.
Go Packers!!!!
PackersNation
2 years ago

I would like the Packers to draft Chenal (sp?) from Wisconsin in the 3rd round if available.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Leo Chenal would be a great pick and a steal in the 3rd. Leo probably won't last past the Steelers pick in the 2nd round. The Steelers know all about the return you get from Wisconsin natives.

Thanks for adding some class and intelligence to this thread Martha.
nerdmann
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Haven't completed it yet. I suppose I should finish it up lol. I'll do a list of guys to target in the first round too. Always fun to see if any of them drop to us. Also exciting to see if we pick any of them lol.
nerdmann
2 years ago

Leo Chenal would be a great pick and a steal in the 3rd. Leo probably won't last past the Steelers pick in the 2nd round. The Steelers know all about the return you get from Wisconsin natives.

Thanks for adding some class and intelligence to this thread Martha.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Just so you know, I'm the villain wrestler of this site. People get bored if I don't keep it interesting. 🤟
PackersNation
2 years ago

Just so you know, I'm the villain wrestler of this site. People get bored if I don't keep it interesting. 🤟

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Thanks for admitting you are just trolling and trying to play a role for attention. Obvious from the jump. I don't find it cute or funny. This is why I suggested you to take it to PFT. I don't read that troll site either.

Good luck to you. I mean that.

Sayonara!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (1h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

17h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.