3rd Round (92nd Overall) OT Sean Rhyan 
4th Round (132nd Overall) WR Romeo Doubs 
4th Round (140th Overall) C Zach Tom 
5th Round (179th Overall) OLB/EDGE Kingsley Enagbare

7th Round (228th Overall) LB Tariq Carpenter 
7th Round (234th Overall) DT Jonathan Ford 
7th Round (249th Overall) OT Rasheed Walker 
7th Round (258 Overall) WR Samori Toure 

When I saw people putting Devonte Wyatt to Packers in round one, I thought, nope, not chance, they haven't drafted anyone over 22 and they won't start now. And bammie whammie, here comes Wyatt.

I'm probably most excited about two of the WR's, Watson and Doubs. I wouldn't be surprised if we add another veteran WR, but also wouldn't be surprised if we stand with what we got.

What do you think about the players drafted?
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago
Good looking group of players.

I am still complaining about the Jonathan Ford pick, but I am never fully satisfied with a draft. I think this was a quality draft by Gute and his staff. We will see in 3 years how good it looks.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I am still complaining about the Jonathan Ford pick, but I am never fully satisfied with a draft. I think this was a quality draft by Gute and his staff. We will see in 3 years how good it looks.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

They should have used that Ford pick to take Leo Chenal!!!
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

They should have used that Ford pick to take Leo Chenal!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Well, Leo went in the 3rd to the Chiefs, but yeah there were better options than Ford. I don't even think Ford is going to help much on special teams. He may get cut by Sept. 1.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Well, Leo went in the 3rd to the Chiefs, but yeah there were better options than Ford. I don't even think Ford is going to help much on special teams. He may get cut by Sept. 1.

I know.

Griping about a 7th round pick. 🤦‍♂️
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

When I saw beast putting Devonte Wyatt to Packers in round one, I thought, nope, not chance, they haven't drafted anyone over 22 and they won't start now. And bammie whammie, here comes Wyatt.

I'm probably most excited about two of the WR's, Watson and Doubs. I wouldn't be surprised if we add another veteran WR, but also wouldn't be surprised if we stand with what we got.

What do you think about the players drafted?

I fixed your comment for you 😇

Oddly, I'm probably most excited about OL Zach Tom, he might bust, but he also might be another Bakhtiari and anywhere in-between. I can't say Tom will develop like Bakhtiari (and we never know about mentality) but from a strictly physical aspect Bakhtiari and Tom scouting reports seem almost identical to me.

They're both great in pass protection with BOTH good handwork and footwork that work perfectly in pass protection, giving them to potentially to be elite pass protectors. But of course media scouting reports suggest they're too small and lack lack to stay at OT in the NFL (they're almost the same exact size in body dimensions), they lack the power and physicality that a team would prefer at OG, and so they're Center prospects. With the big difference being, Bakhtiari never played Center, where Tom actually had a year or two starting at Center.

But if they can be tough enough to handle NFL physicality and learn to handle the power game, they have the potential to be elite pass protectors in the NFL, which clearly Bakhtiari was able to do.

But pre-draft, I was big fans of Wyatt, Watson, Tom and Enagbare and excited to get them.

I'm shocked that Enagbare almost to the 6th round, which suggest to me that NFL teams don't believe he has future growth. He's less than ideal athletically for edge rusher, but he's physical, got strong hands, and got great length.

Trying to figure out why he dropped, sounds like lack of athletic potential and very low sacks numbers, despite having extremely high win rate... he could beat the OL, but he couldn't finish. But other than athletically, he seem to be above average at everything. Not worried about his physicality at all, and he has great length. I don't want to compare him to Za'Darius, because he's not as athletic, but if I was teaching him, I'd make him study Za'Darius because he's going to have to learn the same exact ways Za'Darius did, which he won't be doing as a rookie, but give it some time (Za'Darius didn't do it as a rookie either).

I wouldn't complain about a 7th round pick too much, there is a reason they drop that far. Though I understand, Ford seems surprisingly undeveloped and seems like he needs two years on the PS. But the physical traits are there if they can teach him.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I fixed your comment for you 😇

Originally Posted by: beast 

You were one of many I saw. And I had the same comment to them as I did you. Focus on someone younger. Actually, that's sage advice for everything. Bahahahah
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

I know.

Griping about a 7th round pick. 🤦‍♂️

You act as if 7th rounders are throw away picks anyhow. Samori Toure may turn into the next Donald Driver who was a 7th rounder as well.

The Ford pick could have been used on someone with some potential. Not a dude who looks lazy on the tape I saw. "Griping" is probably not the way to describe my thoughts. A little annoyed that the Ford pick is keeping me from being positive about every pick. I hope he turns into a hall of famer, but I see no way in hell he ever becomes a impactful player.

It was a stellar draft otherwise.
beast
a year ago

You act as if 7th rounders are throw away picks anyhow.

Well, I'd rather threw them away then other picks...

In the draft, teams reach for potential traits and Ford has the traits, they're just completely undeveloped, and I doubt they'll developed, a she should be more developed than this. Also, he was the last DT selected, so I guess teams didn't see another DT worth a pick.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (4h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (5h) : damn those vikings
beast (5h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (6h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (6h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (6h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (12h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (13h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.