Zero2Cool
a year ago

UserPostedImage
GREEN BAY, Wis. – The Green Bay Packers saved their best for last.

In the final practice before full attention turns toward Week 1 next week, coach Matt LaFleur conducted what he called a “game-like practice.” Practice was split into four quarters. Get stopped on third down? Punt. Score a touchdown? Kick off. Two-minute drills were mixed in. College officials were on hand to police the activities.

“It was the best practice of camp,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. Even better than the joint practices against the Saints, he added.

The offense dominated Day 1 of training camp. Rodgers called the defense “chumps” afterward. Exactly 35 days later, who won the final practice?

“The offense,” Rodgers said. He said he threw touchdown passes to tight end Robert Tonyan and receiver Randall Cobb in a two-minute drill. Tonyan also caught one of Jordan Love’s two touchdown passes. Rodgers said AJ Dillon had four catches during one series.

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

Just adds to my theory of removing preseason and adding a developmental league.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Rodgers wants more game like practices? , Isn't that the preseason games?

Just adds to my theory of removing preseason and adding a developmental league.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Sounds like that's what the Rock and the XFL are trying to do as well...

Sounds like they signed some sort of agreement, where the NFL will be able to test new rules in the XFL and see how they like them there before taking them to the NFL...

Which in some ways is a huge step, as normally the NFL hates or refuses to take even good rules from other leagues, as they don't want to be seen as followers, but also refuse to be the first one to change, stupidly putting themselves in a catch-22...

But seriously, for overtime, the NFL needs to decided weather they don't have overtime, or it's sudden death, or if they want "fairness" just copy some form of the college overtime rules... maybe change it up a bit, but college figured out a fair way... NFL needs to stop trying to reinventing the wheel... the options are clearly out there... pick one... either none, sudden death, or one of the clearly fair ways that have been brought up, but NFL refuses them all...

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Rodgers wants more game like practices? , Isn't that the preseason games?

Originally Posted by: beast 

No, because teams don't want that stuff on tape for other teams to study. That is why coaches like joint practices. They can work on schemes and not divulge that to the All-22 watchers in the NFL. That's my speculation on it anyway based on everything I've heard about preseason over the last few years. It's just very vanilla and no one game plans. With practice, you are game planning.

Sounds like that's what the Rock and the XFL are trying to do as well...

Sounds like they signed some sort of agreement, where the NFL will be able to test new rules in the XFL and see how they like them there before taking them to the NFL...

Which in some ways is a huge step, as normally the NFL hates or refuses to take even good rules from other leagues, as they don't want to be seen as followers, but also refuse to be the first one to change, stupidly putting themselves in a catch-22...

Originally Posted by: beast 

You're shitting me. Dwayne Johnson is ripping my ideas???

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

You're shitting me. Dwayne Johnson is ripping my ideas???

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

1) That's Mr. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to you...

2) My understanding is the agreement allows the XFL to be a rule testing grounds for the NFL... and they don't like the term "developmental league"... as it's the rules only, not nessarily the players.

21 Feb 2022

NEW YORK – FEBRUARY 21, 2022 – The XFL today announced it would collaborate with the NFL on select innovation programs to further expand the game of football and create increased opportunities for player development both on and off the field.

Health and safety will be a principal area of focus in both learning and innovation, with the XFL working with the NFL on forward thinking physical and mental fitness programs for players, the study of playing surfaces and equipment and the sharing of game trends and data.

“We are extremely pleased to collaborate with the NFL in these important areas,” said Dany Garcia, Co-Owner and Chairwoman of the XFL. “We are bringing forward an XFL that is progressive and forward-thinking when it comes to innovation, leveraging the newest technology to enhance gameday experience. We have an open field for innovative rules to enhance in-game access. Sharing insights and practices between the XFL and NFL will do a tremendous amount of good for the game of football and support the player ecosystem overall.”

xfl.com/  wrote:

3) Though the XFL did sign an agreement with the "NFL Alumni Academy", to sort of be their development league, and the NFL Alumni Academy does have a logo that look awfully similar to the NFL logo... and the NFL has usually been extremely sue happy with anyone using their names or logos, but they haven't seemed to even warn NFL Alumni Academy, which has made people believe that either the NFL hasn't taken notice of them, or the NFL is a secret partner with them some how. But as part of that agreement, the NFL was hashtagged a lot, so it would be extremely hard for people to believe the NFL hasn't noticed them...

But officially from what people can tell publicly, there does not seem to be a direct connection between the NFL and NFL Alumni Academy, but it almost seems like there has to be, otherwise lawsuits over logos would of happened already.

Long story short, they're a rule development league, and maybe an unofficial semi-developmental league?

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
a year ago
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Putting the safety issue asside,.
Wouldn't The #1's going against each other in real time be a whole lot more beneficial to both sides, than running a few plays against a Vanilla defense, which most team run in preseason games?

Not too many NFL defenses are going to have the talent The Packers have this year.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
bboystyle
a year ago
I dunno why teams stop doing the dress up game (2nd to last preseason game) where the #1s play a full quarter or two.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (42m) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (42m) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (14h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (19h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (21h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (21h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.