wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
a year ago
Here are a few excperts from my brother in laws facebook time line during the game yesterday. They make me laugh. I didn't reply to any of them.

Kickoff

Packer smackin' time!

Cover the middle of the field!

I didn't follow his posts during the game. I think this may have been the catch by Watkins that set up the Packers 1st TD.

Sloppy Defense!

This fits so many places it is difficult to choose.

To quote Jeff Joaniak - "DOWN HE GOES!"

Probably the Quinn sack right before the 72 yard punt by O'Donnell

What happened to the Offense?
Defense - Sloppy!
Need to make adjustments.
Half - Bears 7 Packers 24

Poor beleaguered delusional boy.

We need TD's not FG's

Posted after the bares only points in the second half. All on the legs of their running backs. Well there was that one pass to Griffin.

Hey Ref - If the Defensive player pushes off of the Receiver, that IS pass interference!

Yes he is a cry baby. It's incidental contact when a bare does it. It's catastrophic when it happens to a bare.

I hate reviews...

See what I mean? Fields is clearly not in the end zone but still they should have given him the TD because he says so.

EVERBODY KNEW IT WAS COMING UP THE MIDDLE - SHOULD HAVE ROLLED TO THE OUTSIDE! BAD PLAY CALL!

Fields stopped at the goal line for no gain. Packers take over on downs.

Where's the containment!?

Which play where the running back got outside? There were a few of them.

Can the Refs call ANYTHING against Greenbay?

Note there are fewer posts in the second half as he moved into pouting mode. It's not that the bares are a bad team that got lucky last week and faced a SF team that insisted on starting a QB as equally bad as Fields, he thinks they are a really good team. This week it is not that the bares are a terrible team, they lost because the refs hate them.

Final - Packers 27 Bears 10
Refs give them another win

Chuckle. It is difficult not to laugh in his face. To call him out for every dumb post. I see this stuff every week all season long. Year after year. And still I refrain.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
a year ago
Then again, he's not alone. Let's post a photo with a red line that is't straight with the goal line and make the argument THIS PROVES IT WAS A TD. There's no football in the photo but that doesn't matter because, "The refs hate the bares."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
a year ago
Just to show you nothing changes, except I don't try and explain anything to him. 12 years ago he was complaining about a bares loss and the refs.

I have a whiney b-i-l. He posed on facebook last night the refs gave the game to GB. I was stunned. I didn't think the calls where THAT bad. Or THAT one sided.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

There was more to the post I cut it short because it doesn't matter. He only sees the missed calls that go against him. He doesn't consider the breaks the bares get. He doesn't consider the butterfly effect changing one play/call has on the subsequent plays.
I was at a shop earlier today and the young man who owns it is a bares fan. "The Packers only got 3 points in the 2nd half." Inferring if the bares got the TD call they would have had all the momentum and thus won the game somehow. I told him the Packers were just toying with them. They were running the clock. Sure they would have liked to get a couple more TDs in the second half (Not their last drive.) This young man agreed. My bil would not.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
a year ago
Lot of gnashing of teeth in a game where the Bears QB had 70 yards passing and their WR1 had -4 yards receiving.
ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Mucky Tundra
a year ago

ā€œNah. I like having the island. Itā€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsā€
UserPostedImage
"Iā€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
wpr
  • wpr
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

šŸ¤£
Hysterical. "They cheated". Classic bares fan catch phrase.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
I would feed it. Definitely agree with how his team is getting hosed, squeal with delight (internally) every time it happens according to his perspective. Commiserate with him after the game in how the Packers, NFL and officials conspired to bone his Bears. Take him to dinner, agree with all the inequities. Perhaps discuss possible methodologies to employ as a Bears franchise to mitigate in the inequities going forward. Pay the check. Leave on good terms, he is family, but upon exit- as a Packers fan ya gotta let him know- " Ya know, so many good points, but ultimately it really does boil down to a singular one, doesn't it?
The Bears still suck.
Cheesey
a year ago
Dfoster, I LOVE your post!
I hope he does what you say to do! It would be FUNNY!!!šŸ˜
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
I have been playing my own private joke on other team's fans for years. I invented what I call the cheese wheel program. When sitting in a bar, surrounded by other teams fans, I announce that as a publicly traded team we have the CEO of the Sargento cheese company on our board of directors. (That part is true, everything else is complete fabricated) . When there is a questionable referee call that goes the Packers way, I will announce, "Give that ref an extra wedge of cheddar!" I will then work my story into the conversation:
"Ya, in Wisconsin we have the cheese wheel program. You see, the team itself cannot do what we do legally, but the Sargento cheese company can. What they do is send cheese wheels to all the NFL administrators, the technical people, and the referees. They have been doing it for years, nobody complains about it, because I mean. who's gonna turn down free cheese wheels, right? Anyway it isn't the kind of bribe that would compel some whistle-blower (there's a pun in there, they don't get that part, we are in a bar) to claim with a straight fave that the Packers ate indirectly bribing officials with cheese."
Then comes the usual response that Im making this shit up.
I reply:
"No, really, let me show you the Packers board of directors" I go to our site and show them, keep in mind they have never heard or seen such a thing in professional sports so have no way to know if what I'm telling them is either true or legal...

Then I tell them it's even in our wedge of allegiance that we have to take in order to become a shareholder. The typical response to that is "What the fuck is that?"
Then I show them the wedge of allegiance...you guys remember that one? While showing it to them. I recite the first line. "A wedge of cheddar, protects us better, when the yada yada yada.
I do this with utmost sincerity, and depending on just how drunk my victim is, just might come out of that bar convinced that the Green Bay Packers have been bribing the referees for years with cheese wheels
Behold the power of šŸ§€
dfosterf
a year ago
WPR should bounce the cheese wheel conspiracy of which I speak of off his brother in law. He sounds like the kind of guy that just might buy it, though results are far superior the further one is away from Wisconsin.
Also it adds to the credibility of the story if the board of directors is explained as "you know, just like all those crooked boosters in college football" šŸ˜€

I find this a fun way to embrace the concept that the refs are always giving the Packers favorable treatment. much in the same vein that our fan base turned the term cheesehead into a hat.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.