nerdmann
a year ago
We could have had this team today. Shit calls by the refs, but we found the winning formula: running the ball.

Also, Toure not only scored, but he did so on a savvy veteranesque route adjustment. Could get some play moving forward.

If we went for the FG earlier, we'd be driving to tie on that last drive.

We made some mistakes and pissed away opportunities, but this was also supposedly "the best team in the league." We could have beaten them, and we should be able to get some wins down the stretch.

We probably need 7 of the last 9 games. If we get eliminated, Love will get some reps. Team is still fighting tho. Got a winning ground game and possibly another weapon on offense in Toure.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
a year ago
Smoke and mirrors,any given sunday ect.

Props to the D though for holding them to 3 points all 2nd half. Although Allen did miss some easy ass throws which could of made the game worse. We are who we are. 3-5 and mediocre at best. Should just let our young guys get some experience and get ready for the draft and off season because this isnt our year,
Cheesey
a year ago
Any hope of making the playoffs died today.
The only thing left is pride.
If they have any, that is.
UserPostedImage
Pugger
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I think they do. Even knowing they were huge underdogs and all they never quit. It shows me MLF has not lost his locker room.
nerdmann
a year ago

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

They gave this game up with idiotic mistakes. Took a shit on themselves repeatedly.

The Refs did their share, but as Clay used to say, "We beat ourselves."

They kept fighting though. Also, we lost Watson early. We lost BOTH our ILBs. Who else. It was a MASH unit, but they kept fighting.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
a year ago
I think a few plus things came from the game and the biggest one is that Rodgers got tired of being hit and decided to hand the ball off in the RPO situations. After checking the stats we have rushed for the most yards by far as Baltimore had the most previously with 125 and we ran for 208 yards and only passed for 190. We had 6.7 yds per rush and only 5.9 yards per pass. That was against the #1 defense in the NFL which is promising. Also, I loved the chippyness of our defense last night as they came in with an attitude and I think they held up well. Is this team a Superbowl contender I don't think so, but if you run the ball and take all that time off the clock it should keep you in the game. Now that that game is done I am curious to see how they come out next week against the Lions, could they have been jacked up because of the double digit underdog and a primetime game? I can see that but like I said we ran the ball to win games early on and then we got the we must air it out more quote from Rodgers and we started to ignore the running game.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I dot think they righted the ship, I think the Bills stopped running in the third quarter and their play calling became one dimensional because they weren't being challenged and this lead to mistakes.... and then they stopped passing when they tried to run out the clock...

I think the Packers still have an extremely thin shot at the playoffs, if they stay healthy (okay no shot, because no way they stay healthy this year)...

Just build some freaking chemistry for next year... I don't think we see much of Love as long as Rodgers is healthy.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
A "moral victory" doesn't count as a win in the win/lost column.
It still is a loss.
I wish I could feel more positive, but until I see an actual WIN, where the Packers actually out score the opponent , it's hard to be too positive.
The amount of hits Aaron Jones took yesterday, I can't help but wonder how long he can take that kind of beating .

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
What ship? The Titanic?
UserPostedImage
gpt999
a year ago
We did not totally right the ship. And I didn't have the slightest hope that they would against likely the best team in the NFL. However, I saw parts that did improve. (1) the running game was great. (2) Without our 2 starting ILBs in the second half, the D played better than I would have thought (3) I am seeing some hope for the rookie WRs.

On the other hand, some things still need fixing: (1) The DLine cannot stop the run. Lowry is not playing well enough and has a sizable cap hit. Why not play Wyatt instead? How about Heflin? How much worse could it be? (2) The OLine is barely adequate. The get pushed around far too much - with ot without Jenkins. (3) we need a veteran(s) WR asap.

A defense that only plays one half is a losing proposition for ant team, not just GB. Barry is an AWFUL DC. But the Packers cannot admit they made the crucial error mistake of hiring him. But these are the same "management geniuses" that allowed Mo Drayton to continue until the season ended. So much for another wasted, "all-in season" with AR12 getting another year older...
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.