earthquake
a year ago

Ok in 2020 Tom Brady put up better numbers...

Just like people claiming Rodgers is better than Brady but there are no stats to prove any of it.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Oh those pesky facts...

2020:
A. Rodgers: 372/526, 70.7%, 4299 yards, 8.2 avg, 48 TDs, 5 INTs, 121.5 rating
T. Brady: 401/610, 65.7%, 4633 yards, 8.2 avg, 40 TDs, 12 INTs, 102.2 rating

Brady had more yards and completions on much more throws. The only thing this tells us is that Brady had more attempts. In every statistical category that matters Rodgers had a much better year. Brady had 8 less TDs, 7 more INTs, and completed 5% less passes all while throwing to a deeper group of WRs. Obviously Devante Adams is great, but Rodgers put up his 2020 numbers with Robert Tonyan and MVS being his #2 and #3 receivers. 

Not only was Rodgers the obvious choice for MVP in 2020, statistically speaking, he had one of the best years of any QB in the history of the game. There's a good argument that Rodger's 2011 was a little better better, and that Tom Brady's 2007 was close. Patrick Mahomes had a pretty good year in 2018 too.

Now if we're talking 2021? There is more of a debate to be had there.

PS: I don't think Rodgers is a better football player or has had a better career than Brady. But he is a better thrower of the football, and his 2020 regular season (which is what the MVP is based on) was undoubtedly better as well.
blank
earthquake
a year ago

All those veteran WRs made Davante what he was. The standard was high. It's like when Jerry Rice went to the Niners. He had guys like Ronnie Lott looking at him in practice every day. Had no choice but to be the best of all time.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I get the point you're trying to make making here. Both Rodgers and the veterans Adams played behind contributed to his development. But Devante Adams is the main reason Devante Adams is good, just as Jerry Rice and Michael Jordan deserve credit for being the stars that they are. Ronnie Lot didn't "make" Jerry Rice any more than Scottie Pippin made Michael.
blank
go.pack.go.
a year ago

Adams definitely helped Rodgers during his MVP years but Rodgers consistency with accurate throws seriously fell off a cliff this year as well, especially in the final game.  The drops didnt help either.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Yes, he made quite a few inaccurate throws this year (behind a terrible OL for much of the season). However, I think he looked worse than he actual was, due to rookie receivers (and Watkins) running the wrong routes for most of the season, or just not being on the same page. I have never seen Rodgers be so out of sync with an entire group of receivers. That was a huge problem this year and a huge reason for his “drop off”. I think it was more of that than a physical/skillset drop off.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Yes, he made quite a few inaccurate throws this year (behind a terrible OL for much of the season). However, I think he looked worse than he actual was, due to rookie receivers (and Watkins) running the wrong routes for most of the season, or just not being on the same page. I have never seen Rodgers be so out of sync with an entire group of receivers. That was a huge problem this year and a huge reason for his “drop off”. I think it was more of that than a physical/skillset drop off.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

If the WR ran the wrong route, and the QB still throws the ball. That's the WR's fault? Maybe the QB shouldn't have thrown it? I'm not trying to bash Aaron Rodgers here. I just don't see this excuse for other QB's and it's puzzling. The guy has an incredible arm and we're gonna say he was off because WR's ran wrong routes? Rodgers has been off for at least two or three seasons. The difference is he doesn't have Davante Adams scooping up those difficult-to-catch passes. 

Again, I'm not trying to push Rodgers down. I'm immensely grateful of the years we've had with him. But just like Brett Favre, these players age and their skills diminish. It happens. It's already happened to Rodgers and we are seemingly just unwilling (maybe scared of the future?) to acknowledge it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

There's plenty of stats to prove it but the only argument people make are RINGS which is a team accomplishment. I'd take prime Rodgers over Brady any day. Ill take Prime Marino as well. There are plenty of QBs who were better but just weren't as accomplished due to the teams they were on. Prime Rodgers was carrying a team with a crappy defense and coach. If he had a solid defense and coach, he wins multiple rings in his prime. The problem with Rodgers during his years wasn't that he was a choker or stat padder, he just put a lot of GB teams in the post season that didnt belong. From 2010 - 2016, I'll take Rodgers during those years over any era/team Brady was in

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

I think Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady. However, I think Tom Brady is a better leader. I felt the same with Brett Favre that he wasn't as good of a QB as Rodgers, but a better leader. 
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
a year ago

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I think the rookie excuse can be a limited one. There were times where Rodgers just flat out missed open guys or overthrew them. Thats the QB faults, not the O-lines or WR. He did this multiple times too. He was definitely off this year no doubt about it. 
nerdmann
a year ago

I think Aaron Rodgers is a better QB than Tom Brady. However, I think Tom Brady is a better leader. I felt the same with Brett Favre that he wasn't as good of a QB as Rodgers, but a better leader. 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You spelled cheater wrong 🤙
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

You spelled cheater wrong 🤙

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Listen here nerdy, I've debunked this numerous times, don't make me slap facts up on yo forehead young'n!! 😁

Tom Brady didn't cheat. Neither did Patriots. They just were better knowing the rules and skirted close the line more than others dare to. 
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago

If the WR ran the wrong route, and the QB still throws the ball. That's the WR's fault? Maybe the QB shouldn't have thrown it? I'm not trying to bash Aaron Rodgers here. I just don't see this excuse for other QB's and it's puzzling. The guy has an incredible arm and we're gonna say he was off because WR's ran wrong routes? Rodgers has been off for at least two or three seasons. The difference is he doesn't have Davante Adams scooping up those difficult-to-catch passes. 

Again, I'm not trying to push Rodgers down. I'm immensely grateful of the years we've had with him. But just like Brett Favre, these players age and their skills diminish. It happens. It's already happened to Rodgers and we are seemingly just unwilling (maybe scared of the future?) to acknowledge it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That makes it sound so simple. A lot of routes are thrown with anticipation. For example if Watkins was supposed to break inside, but instead he broke outside at the top of his route, the ball was likely thrown before he got to his break. Another example would be when Watson never looked for the ball on the quick throw at the goal line after Rodgers gave him a pre-snap signal (end of Rams game I think). 
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
a year ago

I think the rookie excuse can be a limited one. There were times where Rodgers just flat out missed open guys or overthrew them. Thats the QB faults, not the O-lines or WR. He did this multiple times too. He was definitely off this year no doubt about it. 

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Absolutely. Rodgers was certainly not playing MVP football this year. But that’s not entirely on him like so many people make it out to be. 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.