dhazer
a year ago

​​​Rodgers did seem to love the idea of the star players that only played for one team. Like Derek Jeter and Kobe Bryant, and seemed to hate that Joe Montana got traded.

But also, this is a different era and based on Rodgers comments, I don't think Rodgers is mentally ready to quit... I think he's still obsessed with football.

Also, I think Rodgers will be a football coach in the future. Though based on Rodgers comments, it'll probably be at the junior college level or lower (highschool)... somewhere that it can be fun and not TOO serious... and just help young guys and be around football.

​​​​

Originally Posted by: beast 

Let's touch on a few or your comments, first off anyone believes Rodgers is thinking of retiring I have some FTX Crypto to sell you lol. Rodgers has to big of an ego to play opening act to the GOAT and secondly we know how much money means to him as all but the 1st 2 contracts made him the highest paid player in the NFL. If the Packers were smart they would start accepting offers now and make it known. They traded the better QB in Brett Favre in my opinion who was better for football than Rodgers ego. And Rodgers has no power in this situation, that's why I have to laugh when I hear the media say he controls everything. Either way the Packers get what they want and that's moving on from Rodgers.  He can threaten to retire if the trade was to a team he didn't want and the Packers call his bluff and trade his ass.

Now about him being a coach, in my OPINION i think that will never happen, look at how he treats the rookies. He isn't there to help them in OTAs or training camp. He belittles them to the media to cover his mistakes. So what kind of coach would he actually be. I actually think the he doesn't put in the work anymore because he is so confused by the defenses that he misses wide open guys. He probably wastes the most timeouts out of any qb in the league because he isn't sure what the defense is doing.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
a year ago

I happened to walk into a business that I insure just as Aaron Rodgers was saying this. I just started laughing. 

I turned to the kid who was running the store and said that it is so obvious I don't know why any ot his so called breaking news is being discussed. The team who has a player who ASKS to be traded will listen to offers. He said except Mahomes. I said no even KC will listen to trade offers. They may want 6 #1 picks in return and if they don't get that, no trade.

Ian or Adam or whoever acted like it was a big deal that the Packers would actually listen to offers IF Aaron asked to be traded. They made it sound like it was a done deal and he has already bought a condo in Manhattan. 

For several years Rodgers has made it plain that these media guys don't know a thing about him and yet they keep trying to scoop the world with their non-breaking breaking news. I am sure Aaron's comments have them pouting and plotting how to get even with him.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I read that and thought the same thing and then I read an article and see this "“If he is that sensitive that he gets upset that people, reporters, opinion-makers, influencers, whoever, want to talk about him, he is going to struggle in New York,” Barber said, via SI.com. “And I don’t know if it’s the right fit for him. I don’t know if I want him in New York if this is going to be his reaction to things that don’t matter.”   I guess others can see it also. Now the question is with his ego will he take that as a challenge or did Rodgers make those comments to try and steer  a trade away from NY, eveyone says he has motives behind the things he says. Interesting article and something I didn't think of, the Jets owner that is pretty much saying he is all in for Rodgers and then you get this excert from the article with Tiki Barber " Amen to all of that. Rodgers is like so many athletes and celebrities who want fame and attention on their own terms. All the praise, with none of the criticism.
Hey everybody, look at me . . . what the hell are you looking at?
For selfish reasons, I want Rodgers to play for the Jets. It’s good for business. Even if it’s bad for the Jets and Rodgers.
Indeed, here’s the first subject for intense scrutiny if/when Rodgers agrees to play for the team owned by Woody Johnson. Rodgers recently argued that members of the media have painted him as a villain at the direct behest of Big Pharma. Johnson’s fortune came directly from one of the three companies that made a COVID vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). During Rodgers’s introductory press conference, someone inevitably will ask whether it’s hypocritical for Rodgers to take a paycheck indirectly from a Big Pharma conglomerate at which he’s apparently big mad."   In other words Rodgers is so against the jad (i am with him on that) and he would be getting paid with the money from the jab lol.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Let's touch on a few or your comments, first off anyone believes Rodgers is thinking of retiring I have some FTX Crypto to sell you lol. Rodgers has to big of an ego to play opening act to the GOAT

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Aaron Rodgers ego could make him want to retire. Who can name a better Hall of Fame class than Tom Brady, JJ Watt and Aaron Rodgers as first time ballot hall of famers? You don't think Rodgers thinks about that? So, the whole "sharing stage" with Brady is narrowminded and only viewing it from one angle. And it is not the angle Rodgers would think. 

and secondly we know how much money means to him as all but the 1st 2 contracts made him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Rodgers knows he can earn that money, and then some working with the Packers post-playing days. Let's not act like we don't have imaginations here. You can earn money by playing, or doing other things. Keep in mind, Brett Favre was offered $20 million easy to earn cash.

If the Packers were smart they would start accepting offers now and make it known. They traded the better QB in Brett Favre in my opinion who was better for football than Rodgers ego.

The Packers cannot accept any trade offer because Rodgers has not decided if he's going to continue playing. Rodgers is hyper sensitive guy so if the Packers are even listening to offers that might set him off and if he decides to continue playing, he might demand a trade. 

And Rodgers has no power in this situation, that's why I have to laugh when I hear the media say he controls everything. Either way the Packers get what they want and that's moving on from Rodgers.  He can threaten to retire if the trade was to a team he didn't want and the Packers call his bluff and trade his ass.

Rodgers has a majority of the power and if you don't think so, you're not thinking. Do you think a team is going to give the Packers draft picks and/or players while Rodgers is saying he's gonna retire? The guy is 39 years old so it's not like a team will take that risk and hope maybe in a year or two he'll change his mind. Folks didn't think Favre had any power in 2008 either. What did he do? He showed up on Family Night to cause a distraction. What happened there? Favre got (sort of) what he wanted. He wanted to be released outright, but was traded. The Packers were hoping he'd just stay retired, he called their bluff.

Now about him being a coach, in my OPINION i think that will never happen, look at how he treats the rookies. He isn't there to help them in OTAs or training camp. He belittles them to the media to cover his mistakes. So what kind of coach would he actually be. I actually think the he doesn't put in the work anymore because he is so confused by the defenses that he misses wide open guys. He probably wastes the most timeouts out of any qb in the league because he isn't sure what the defense is doing.

He will not be coaching. He's not a teacher. You're mistaken about training camp. Rodgers was there in training camp and he did help the rookies. 

You said something about defenses confusing him. Rodgers has said before that he doesn't like motion because he doesn't get a chance to read the defense before the snap. It's also why he doesn't like bunch formations. This is also why a lot of QB's (it's not just Packers contrary to some whiners) let the play clock run down. They want to see if the LB or S is gonna lean a direction hinting their intention. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I read that and thought the same thing and then I read an article and see this "“If he is that sensitive that he gets upset that people, reporters, opinion-makers, influencers, whoever, want to talk about him, he is going to struggle in New York,” Barber said, via SI.com. “And I don’t know if it’s the right fit for him. I don’t know if I want him in New York if this is going to be his reaction to things that don’t matter.”   I guess others can see it also. Now the question is with his ego will he take that as a challenge or did Rodgers make those comments to try and steer  a trade away from NY, eveyone says he has motives behind the things he says. Interesting article and something I didn't think of, the Jets owner that is pretty much saying he is all in for Rodgers and then you get this excert from the article with Tiki Barber " Amen to all of that. Rodgers is like so many athletes and celebrities who want fame and attention on their own terms. All the praise, with none of the criticism.
For selfish reasons, I want Rodgers to play for the Jets. It’s good for business. Even if it’s bad for the Jets and Rodgers.
Indeed, here’s the first subject for intense scrutiny if/when Rodgers agrees to play for the team owned by Woody Johnson. Rodgers recently argued that members of the media have painted him as a villain at the direct behest of Big Pharma. Johnson’s fortune came directly from one of the three companies that made a COVID vaccine (Johnson & Johnson). During Rodgers’s introductory press conference, someone inevitably will ask whether it’s hypocritical for Rodgers to take a paycheck indirectly from a Big Pharma conglomerate at which he’s apparently big mad."   In other words Rodgers is so against the jad (i am with him on that) and he would be getting paid with the money from the jab lol. 

Tiki Barber didn't listen to Pat McAfee show, and neither did you. He wasn't upset that people were talking about him. He was upset that people were spreading misinformation about him. There's a difference. It's not complicated to understand. But I do agree, New York and Aaron Rodgers 😬😬😬 the guy is sensitive. 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Also, if you don't think Aaron Rodgers has power, consider who is agent is. David Dunn. That name sound familiar? Does Carson Palmer sound familiar? I'll refresh ya. Carson Palmer demanded a trade. Bengals were adamant they would NOT trade him. What did Carson do? He retired (sort of). It wasn't until Andy Dalton lead the team to something like six wins out of eight games AND the Raiders losing their starting QB did the Bengals cave and trade.

Le'Veon Bell is another example, but he was far younger than Rodgers and had more years of service available.

If the Packers wanted to be salty about things, they could get nasty. They could prey on Rodgers sensitivity and ego.  "C'mon Aaron, you are amazing talent, you can make the Texans great! Or are you not good enough to lift them out of the basement"  ... you know, put that massive boulder size chip on his shoulder, haha. Yeah, I know that's some petty shit, but hey, it's show business, not show friends, right?

That all said, I do believe the Packers and Rodgers want everything amicable REGARDLESS of what transpires. Trade. Plays for Packers. Retires.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Let's touch on a few or your comments, first off anyone believes Rodgers is thinking of retiring I have some FTX Crypto to sell you lol. Rodgers has to big of an ego to play opening act to the GOAT and secondly we know how much money means to him as all but the 1st 2 contracts made him the highest paid player in the NFL. If the Packers were smart they would start accepting offers now and make it known. They traded the better QB in Brett Favre in my opinion who was better for football than Rodgers ego. And Rodgers has no power in this situation, that's why I have to laugh when I hear the media say he controls everything. Either way the Packers get what they want and that's moving on from Rodgers.  He can threaten to retire if the trade was to a team he didn't want and the Packers call his bluff and trade his ass.

I don't think he'll retire either, but to completely dismiss the possibility is a mistake as well. 

Also, in the discussion of weather you as a player are going to retire or keep playing, what other people (such as Tom Brady) do is completely irrelevant. It's what you're body and mind want to do, f others.

As for money, don't you want to be paid what you are worth? So why are you bitching about other people doing the exact same thing? 

If you don't think players with a huge salary doesn't have some controll in a cap based system, then you simply don't know what you are talking about.

If a team wants Rodgers, they have to set aside the space to take on his contract under the cap. Also, you don't want a player taking up a huge part of the cap to be unhappy.... which is why some are suggesting the Jets would probably be a horrible fit for Rodgers as to they don't think he'd enjoy the NY market and all the people everywhere with a lot less places to get away and a lot more paparazzi following you everywhere.

A team is going to want to talk with Rodgers before making a trade... unless they're getting a major discount.

Also, note, the Packers are saying they would only trade Rodgers with Rodgers permission... which I assume is a PR move because they don't want the backlash.

So yeah, if you want, you could be that dick owner.... but you're going to get screwed and backlash in the process.

Just look at dick owner Dan Snyder ... I believe they used to have a top 3 long season ticket holder waiting list when he took over... now there is no waiting list because they can't even sell them all....

Players with huge salary amount absolutely do have a say. The say is smaller than the teams (unless there is a no trade clause) but to say they have no control is just stupid.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

the Packers are saying they would only trade Rodgers with Rodgers permission... which I assume is a PR move because they don't want the backlash.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I've only heard the Packers say Aaron Rodgers was committed beyond 2022 with his current contract. I haven't heard anything about Packers will trade Rodgers only with Rodgers permission. Jets reportedly contacted the Packers about Rodgers. We don't even know who they talked to.

Also, we should note, Gutekunst said a lot of times that conversation doesn't even reach him. So, we can't even say the GM fielded the alleged call. 

This is the absolute most stupid time of NFL offseason. 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

As Zero said, Aaron was simply telling them that they didn't talk to him or anyone that was a part of his "inner circle" whoever that is.

These media guys are losing their minds over it. It seems to me that all those people are the ones that are a tad sensitive. HOW DARE HE CALL THEM OUT! They like everyone to fawn all over them. They want to be seen as the fount of all knowledge especially NFL knowledge. 

As for taking the jab, I don't recall Aaron being against it per se. I think he said it wasn't an option for him due to his specific health considerations.  Athletes take money from more nefarious companies such as Nike and they East Asia children sweatshops. 

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (10h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.