Zero2Cool
a year ago
Allegedly Aaron Rodgers is recruiting free agents to the Jets. This doesn't make sense. Help me here. If he's going around asking one player, or two (or more) to join the Jets. Why not tell Packers you wanna play in 2023 and yes, you'll play for Jets. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to recruit guys if a deal is at least announced (can't be OFFICIAL until league year). 

There's just so much over-coverage of this and I'm being foolish trying to find logic and reason. 
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Packers and Jets probably know what's going on and have this entire time. But they're allowing Rodgers to break the news on his own terms.

Rodgers probably is not trying to attach all free agents, and can reach out to ones he wants because their number is in his phone already.

Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan, Lewis, maybe Adam thielen, etc.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Packers and Jets probably know what's going on and have this entire time. But they're allowing Rodgers to break the news on his own terms.

Rodgers probably is not trying to attach all free agents, and can reach out to ones he wants because their number is in his phone already.

Lazard, Cobb, Tonyan, Lewis, maybe Adam thielen, etc.

Originally Posted by: beast 

If two teams know and it's tight lipped? That's something. And according to Shefter, the Jets have no idea and are still waiting to hear from Rodgers what his plan is. Granted, that could be on strict orders from Rodgers. But again, my question is -- why not just let the news out? He really a stickler for not announcing anything until it can be official at start of league year? 

UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
Also according to Shefter, he thinks the Jets are possibly lying to him to let Rodgers break the news in the way Rodgers sees fit.

Rodgers wants to confirm his boys there first... it's a package deal remember? 
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Also according to Shefter, he thinks the Jets are possibly lying to him to let Rodgers break the news in the way Rodgers sees fit.

Rodgers wants to confirm his boys there first... it's a package deal remember? 

I don't remember things that aren't true or that I'm aware of. I'm super smart, but not clairvoyant smart!

If Rodgers cannot commit to Jets without guys like Cobb and/or Lazard, then I guess maybe he hasn't really made a decision then. Also, hard to think his decision to play would be multi-year if he's predicating on his playing on others playing with him. ALSO, this adds to my theory that football is more about the relationships to Rodgers than winning Super Bowl's. Granted, Rodgers said on McAfee if you're not playing to win it all, what's the point? 🤷‍♂️

I ran a few circles there. 
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
How funny would it be if the jets sign Lazard, Cobb, and Mercedes Lewis, and then Rodgers retires anyway? 

The Jets would have all these WRs and... checks notes... Zach Wilson to throw them the ball.

What are the odds that Jake Kumerow is on Rodgers' list of demands?
blank
beast
a year ago

I don't remember things that aren't true 

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You claim it's not true here, and yet you're the one in shout announcing the news that Lazard and Cobb might joint the Jets, which if true, would suggest the package deal could be true.

Get Rodgers, get his receivers too.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I'm assuming this is bad fan writing and jumping the gun because I can't find it anywhere else, but it's under the SI.com banner.

​​​​​​According to a Falcons SI page, "the Jets have also signed Allen Lazard" ...

Also noting the Jets might sign Cobb and important to the Falcons page and why they're reporting on it. The page is suggesting the Falcons might attempt to trade for the Jets current slot WR Eli Moore whom requested a trade last season.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

You claim it's not true here, and yet you're the one in shout announcing the news that Lazard and Cobb might joint the Jets, which if true, would suggest the package deal could be true.

Get Rodgers, get his receivers too.

You really didn't read what I said, did you? I swear people just read 70% of something and then run away to make a comment. The "packages" thing you're referencing was a Jets player clowning people. 

Here's the aforementioned "shout" for some clarity. 

"Rapoport saying he THINKS Cobb will go to Jets. Now watch, reports coming in that COBB TO JETS!!"
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

How funny would it be if the jets sign Lazard, Cobb, and Mercedes Lewis, and then Rodgers retires anyway? 

The Jets would have all these WRs and... checks notes... Zach Wilson to throw them the ball.

What are the odds that Jake Kumerow is on Rodgers' list of demands?

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

OMGosh, this is what I want to happen. Rodgers to have said NOTHING, but Jets going around rallying up "his guys" in a way to entice him to come to Jets. And then boom, retires a few weeks from now.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (16h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.