dfosterf
a year ago
All of that is well and good, but it makes assumptions I would characterize as "not in evidence". 

We do not know what impact this different narrative emerging will have on the continued negotiations. I would submit that it is extremely difficult to find a positive ramification of any kind by speaking to these matters prior to consummation of a contract. While it might be refreshing to us as fans to hear from Gute his side of the story, and I definitely believe him, I have yet to see any posititive result from having done so thus far. 
What good did it do right now?

Answer:

None, other than he wanted to get it off his chest. Understandably so, but this could and should have been held in abeyance. He accomplished nothing at the maximum by airing this before a trade. That's right- at the maximum vs. minimum. 

And since we are making assumptions here, I have one. 

I'm going to assume that one of the so-called journalists comes up with the bright idea of asking the Jets GM his plan of action when Rodgers decides to not answer his phone calls. 

I'll assume he's gonna love that question, lol

I'm also going to assume that since Rodgers and Gute ran their mouths in this he said she said manner, the Jets are going to want draft compensation from us if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024. Put that in your "big boy negotiations" or words to that effect pipe and smoke it. That will be JUST great, sitting around waiting for Aaron to come out of the jungle or closet or wherever,  while we as Packer fans wait to find out if we're losing a draft pick, at least in part to an airing of all this waffling by Rodgers, due at least in part by our highly fleecable GM running his big yap.

Its my prediction. 

Zero2Cool
a year ago

All of that is well and good, but it makes assumptions I would characterize as "not in evidence". 

We do not know what impact this different narrative emerging will have on the continued negotiations. I would submit that it is extremely difficult to find a positive ramification of any kind by speaking to these matters prior to consummation of a contract. While it might be refreshing to us as fans to hear from Gute his side of the story, and I definitely believe him, I have yet to see any posititive result from having done so thus far. 
What good did it do right now?

Answer:

None, other than he wanted to get it off his chest. Understandably so, but this could and should have been held in abeyance. He accomplished nothing at the maximum by airing this before a trade. That's right- at the maximum vs. minimum. 

And since we are making assumptions here, I have one. 

I'm going to assume that one of the so-called journalists comes up with the bright idea of asking the Jets GM his plan of action when Rodgers decides to not answer his phone calls. 

I'll assume he's gonna love that question, lol

I'm also going to assume that since Rodgers and Gute ran their mouths in this he said she said manner, the Jets are going to want draft compensation from us if Rodgers doesn't play in 2024. Put that in your "big boy negotiations" or words to that effect pipe and smoke it. That will be JUST great, sitting around waiting for Aaron to come out of the jungle or closet or wherever,  while we as Packer fans wait to find out if we're losing a draft pick, at least in part to an airing of all this waffling by Rodgers, due at least in part by our highly fleecable GM running his big yap.

Its my prediction.  

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

If your summation is it would have been better to not speak on it (ala Matt LaFleur) today? I agree. However, I just do not think anything he said has any bearing whatsoever in the negotiations. 

Of what I've heard Aaron Rodgers say and Brian Gutekunst say. The only piece that really hits home in what can be used in negotiations is Rodgers saying he was 90% retired before his darkness retreat. Common sense and logic have taken over. But, if someone wants to give examples, I am absolutely open to hearing them and how they change negotiations.

I would love to hear the GM's answer to your question! haha. However, it'll probably be "Aaron and I have a great relationship, I do not envision that being a problem". Just another way to zing the Packers and get further in the good graces of 12.

Our fleecable GM? You mean, the one that fleeced the Saints who had the great head coach Sean Payton? 

It's so weird how grown adults get so petty over humans they have never met and really do not know personally in any shape or form. Then again, I hate the Cowboys for the 90's so who the heck am I to talk!!
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Calling Gute fleecable is not petty.  It is an opinion. They just signed Rodgers to a 150 million and change contract extension with 100 million guaranteed that runs until 2026. That contract is pretty much prima facie evidence of a fleece job by Rodgers and his agent, especially in light of its impact on this proposed trade. 
As to all the other aspects of Gute opting to effectively call Aaron a liar- a reasonable interpretation of what he did- 
I have zero problem with that, practically predicted it would happen, just wish he would have waited to do so until after he was traded. Because he didn't, we have no idea what is coming down the pike next. Will it be a trade announcement? Will it be some tit from Aaron for Gute's tat? Who the hell knows. Gute should in fact have done what MLF did, which is kiss Aaron's ass. Just because you don't have any insight into how this could possibly negatively impact trade negotiations doesn't mean it will not. 
As to what he said, I found it artful, matter-of-fact and refreshing. It was just too soon and served no purpose. Some people have difficulty in picking up nuanced arguments. (See what I did there?) 😆 
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Calling Gute fleecable is not petty.  It is an opinion. They just signed Rodgers to a 150 million and change contract extension with 100 million guaranteed that runs until 2026. That contract is pretty much prima facie evidence of a fleece job by Rodgers and his agent, especially in light of its impact on this proposed trade. 
As to all the other aspects of Gute opting to effectively call Aaron a liar- a reasonable interpretation of what he did- 
I have zero problem with that, practically predicted it would happen, just wish he would have waited to do so until after he was traded. Because he didn't, we have no idea what is coming down the pike next. Will it be a trade announcement? Will it be some tit from Aaron for Gute's tat? Who the hell knows. Gute should in fact have done what MLF did, which is kiss Aaron's ass. Just because you don't have any insight into how this could possibly negatively impact trade negotiations doesn't mean it will not. 
As to what he said, I found it artful, matter-of-fact and refreshing. It was just too soon and served no purpose. Some people have difficulty in picking up nuanced arguments. (See what I did there?) 😆 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Ah, so you're thinking the contract that Russ Ball wrote up and Mark Murphy approved for Aaron Rodgers is how Brian Gutekunst got fleeced? I have to say you are right. Aaron Rodgers and his agent(s) fleeced the entire organization. Did any of us think that contract was good when it was first announced? I think every single one of us were like ...umm WTF?

True, you have no insight on how the comments from Gutekunst could negatively impact the trade negotiations.

Hey, don't worry that you cannot pick up on things. You have a busy life that you're living to the fullest! You ain't got time for this frivolous crap! 

You said you are fine with the comments from Gutekunst, but just wish they came post the trade. I respect that, but I think those folks saying that would also be first in line to say "let it go, he's gone, it's over, move on", so really, there just isn't pleasing some folks who like to yell at the clouds for amusement. 
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (27m) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (30m) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (16h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (19h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (20h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (23h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (23h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.