Zero2Cool
11 months ago

After the Christmas couch thing, I think she wanted to see if, after giving the choices and the ones she DOESNT like, if you could figure it out on your own!!!🤪😁😁😁
And as far as parking, look at how many people that live around Lambeau Field that you bet would open up their yards (for a price) to park cars.
I bet when they heard about the draft coming their, they went CHA CHING!!!$$$$$$

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

lol the couch thing was Keiana, my oldest biological daughter. My youngest is Scarlett and she's in gymnastics and thinks we need a trampoline. haha
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 months ago

Mark Murphy just floated the idea of cruise ships in Lake Michigan to hold visitors when the Packers hold the draft.

TAKE THAT YOU PUNK ASSES WHO THINK WE CAN'T ROCK THIS SHIZNIT!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Better not be a Viking cruise ship...

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 months ago

I went and talked a little smack on a Bears forum. They don't think Green Bay area can handle the people. It's cute how clueless some folks are. The NFL wouldn't have selected Green Bay if they didn't have this planned for. Plus, I believe the EAA in Oshkosh has over 500,000 people and pretty sure things have been OK.

My only concern would be parking.

The Packers have been asking to host the draft for about 5 years. They have always been the bride's maid, never the bride. After they resolved all of the concerns that NFL Inc had they were selected.

There is no situation that Joe Schmo a little bares fan can think of that the Draft Day Organizing Division hasn't already thought of and addressed.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

And as far as parking, look at how many people that live around Lambeau Field that you bet would open up their yards (for a price) to park cars.
I bet when they heard about the draft coming their, they went CHA CHING!!!$$$$$$

I thought of that parking solution as well, however, my thinking is folks will be less inclined to have their lawn torn up in Spring as easily as they were in Fall. Mots of the parking is done on top of snow or when the ground is much harder. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but that was my thought as to having a concern over parking. And that concern is very minimal. 
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 months ago

lol the couch thing was Keiana, my oldest biological daughter. My youngest is Scarlett and she's in gymnastics and thinks we need a trampoline. haha

oh. ....my bad!
I guess it just shows you that all of your kids think they need to lead you by the hand to conclusions!🤪

Now, with the parking situation. August through October would be similar yard conditions to draft time I would think. So I doubt it would stop people from renting out their yards. 
Of course you living there, you probably have a better idea about it.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 months ago

oh. ....my bad!
I guess it just shows you that all of your kids think they need to lead you by the hand to conclusions!🤪

Now, with the parking situation. August through October would be similar yard conditions to draft time I would think. So I doubt it would stop people from renting out their yards. 
Of course you living there, you probably have a better idea about it.

I might not deter anyone because heck, they can say they were part of the NFL Draft and Rich Eisen parked on my front lawn! There's some name dropping kind of thing going on there that I think could entice people to patch their lawn.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
11 months ago
That, and a boatload of money could entice them to mess up their yard!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 months ago
With the attendance estimated at 200,000 to 250,000 it didn't really mean very much to me. I was hoping for something closer to 350,000 to 400,000 fans attending the draft.

I had no idea what the other host city numbers were. I knew KC was 300,000 or so. I had read Nashville set the record at 600,000. I knew the NFL was pleased with thr turnout in Chicago but I couldn't remember how many people showed up.

After looking around the internet I came up with this tweet.

If GB has 250,000 people show up that would be a reasonable attendance. Nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing that the nay sayers would be able to complain about.

325,000 would actually be the second best attendance and something to be proud of. 600,000 would be unheard of so I won't waste time hoping for that.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 months ago
On so many Thursday daft nights, I found myself sitting around waiting and waiting for the Packer's pick. When they select in the last third of the draft it seems to take forever. Because of the lateness of the hour, I almost always head on to bed within 15-20 minutes.

If they get the NYJ first round pick next year they will have taken two players in round one in three out of six years. It sure makes Day One more interesting.

My question is this- While I understand from the standpoint of building the best team as soon as possible it is not be the best thing to do but purely as a PR move to satiate the fans, to get them more excited and willing to attend the draft, would it make since to trade away the 2nd and possibily the 3rd round picks from 2024 in order to secure another 1st round pick in 2025?

I don't know that I would want to trade both 2024 picks but maybe a 2024 2nd round and 2025 third round pick. The problem with that is then Friday becomes a down day for the locals as they only have one selection.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.