Zero2Cool
10 months ago

The 2022 season was a disaster for the Denver Broncos. They made a huge splash acquiring Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks during the offseason that just didn’t pan out. Things went so poorly that Nathaniel Hackett was fired as head coach after one season on the job.

This offseason, Denver made another splash, acquiring head coach Sean Payton from the New Orleans Saints. There is optimism that Payton can help turn around an offense that was among the worst in the NFL last season despite not lacking talent.

That disastrous season could have been avoided had the trade the Broncos thought they had completed gone through. According to a former NFL executive that spoke to NFL Analysis Network, Denver nearly acquired Aaron Rodgers from the Green Bay Packers last offseason before pivoting to a deal for Wilson.

“The Broncos almost had a trade completed with the Packers for Aaron Rodgers before it fell through last-minute. Green Bay opted to run it back for one more season with Rodgers. The deal would have included three first-round picks, Drew Lock, and Jerry Jeudy. Denver pivoted to acquire Russell Wilson with a slightly lesser trade package.”

This is something many people hypothesized had occurred. Selecting Hackett to become their next head coach felt like a move aimed at making the transition for Rodgers an easy one; Hackett had just overseen two MVP seasons for Rodgers as the Packers’ offensive coordinator. There was also the chance that Davante Adams would have eventually joined up with him in Denver as well.

The price to get that done was steep, as three first-round picks, Lock and Jeudy, are a lot of assets to surrender. Wilson cost five draft picks and three players, but only two first-round picks were included. But, it would be hard to envision Rodgers having as poor of a season as Wilson did under Hackett.

That is a deal Green Bay likely regrets just as much not signing off on. They missed the playoffs in what turned out to be Rodgers’ final season with the team, as he was traded to the New York Jets a few weeks ago.

Alas, hindsight is 20/20. The Seahawks ended up being the biggest winners in this ordeal, as they are in the best position to compete as soon as possible compared to the Broncos and Packers, who have some hurdles to overcome.

https://www.nflanalysis.net/broncos-nearly-acquired-aaron-rodgers-before-russell-wilson-trade/ 

We haven't had an Aaron Rodgers / Packers topic in a few days, so here we go. Meeting that quota.

Anyhow, I think a lot of fans were pretty much OK with the rumored several 1st round picks plus WR Jerry Jeudy at the time. I can't remember too many saying hell no.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 months ago
The Broncos certainly gave up more than the Jets did and would of been a better year. And Love would have gotten actually playing time.

Though, would we have gotten out QB coach back? He came back for Rodgers and QBs just seem to get better under him.

But, I still think they should of benched Rodgers while his thumb healed and gotten Love some more reps last year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

The Broncos certainly gave up more than the Jets did and would of been a better year. And Love would have gotten actually playing time.

Though, would we have gotten out QB coach back? He came back for Rodgers and QBs just seem to get better under him.

But, I still think they should of benched Rodgers while his thumb healed and gotten Love some more reps last year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

There were times I wondered if the Packers felt it was likely Aaron Rodgers was going to retire after 2022 season and wanted to "honor" him in away by letting him play it out. The thumb happened Week 5, right? So you figure it takes probably 4-5 weeks for it to heal. Comes back vs Detroit? maybe @Buffalo a week earlier?  I guess in hindsight it's easy for me to say start Jordan Love because we lost all those games, haha. I was fine with Rodgers starting though. I can't recall his throws being worse after Week 5 than they were before Week 5. Which feels preposterous to say about a QB who is right handed with a broken bone in his right thumb.

The Packers weren't really doing that great with Rodgers before the thumb. Nice point margin win over Bears, but barely beating weak Buccaneers and a DC playing OC for Patriots in OT?
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
10 months ago
Damn....what a miss our front office made not pulling the trigger there
beast
10 months ago
I think there was some article which sounded like it was suggesting that some in the Packers front office were nervous about letting go of a two-time current MVP, especially when they didn't think or at least weren't sure Love was ready. 

And I think fans would of gone back to the post Favre rage, if we got rid of reigning MVP Rodgers and Love looked horrible.

Also, I believe an article posted on here, Rodger's agent told Murphy to get rid of Gute and sounded like Murphy was telling others to get Rodgers new deal done.

So I don't think we kept Rodgers to honor Rodgers, I think we kept Rodgers because it was the safest route for management... maybe specifically Mark Murphy, whom is trying to wrap up his career and ride into the sunset. He doesn't want a major conflict nor major controversy, as he finishes his career.

Speaking of which, I think the cities with interest to host the draft is getting pretty low, giving the Packers a chance, but also interesting the Murphy finally got the draft just four months before he retires. Wonder if that might be partly a retirement gift from Goodell.

Someone whom knows a hotel owner in the GB area, said the NFL mandates that a large majority of the hotels rooms will go to the NFL at a reduced, reduced (x2 or 3) of standard rate. He made it sound like they would be mainly making money on 10% of their rooms.

Some of y'all in the Green Bay area could probably make a lot of money by making your place into an Air B&B for the weekend. Or renting out an RV or something.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

So I don't think we kept Rodgers to honor Rodgers, I think we kept Rodgers because it was the safest route for management... maybe specifically Mark Murphy, whom is trying to wrap up his career and ride into the sunset. He doesn't want a major conflict nor major controversy, as he finishes his career.

What is this in response to? I know I mentioned something about there being times I wondered if the Packers were trying to "honor" Rodgers by letting him play through the thumb injury during 2022 while also assuming it was his final year in the NFL. 

Your remark about retaining Rodgers as the safer option is exactly what I opined on a Bears forum earlier this morning. I also said that I felt the push came from Mark Murphy to keep Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 months ago

What is this in response to? I know I mentioned something about there being times I wondered if the Packers were trying to "honor" Rodgers by letting him play through the thumb injury during 2022 while also assuming it was his final year in the NFL. 

Your remark about retaining Rodgers as the safer option is exactly what I opined on a Bears forum earlier this morning. I also said that I felt the push came from Mark Murphy to keep Rodgers.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Response to what you said. Also we probably both this Murphy had a strong hand in it, as I think there was an article you posted where it sounded like Murphy told them to get Rodgers new contract done.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 months ago

Speaking of Rodgers in Denver, he apparently is speaking at a psychedelic conference in Denver. 

Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is among the speakers at this week’s Psychedelic Science conference in Denver. 

Billed as “the largest psychedelic conference in history,” the conference advocates for the therapeutic use of psychedelics, which some experts say can be beneficial in mental health treatment.

Rodgers is speaking about his experience with ayahuasca, which he said last year that he had used and benefited from. The NFL and NFL Players Association are in agreement that nothing in the league’s policies prevents players from using ayahuasca. 

Although federal law bans psychedelics, their potential for treating PTSD in veterans has found support from an unlikely alliance of members of Congress, including Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Republican Matt Gaetz. Both Colorado and Oregon have recently decriminalized the use of psychedelic mushrooms.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

Response to what you said.

Okay, then your response makes zero sense. I was pretty clear about what I was saying. You somehow took that and disagreed with something I wasn't even suggesting, lol. 

Speaking of Rodgers in Denver, he apparently is speaking at a psychedelic conference in Denver. 

As long as he doesn't get suspended and screw up the 65% snap count, do whatever bruh! 😁
UserPostedImage
10 months ago
From the article

Alas, hindsight is 20/20. The Seahawks ended up being the biggest winners in this ordeal, as they are in the best position to compete as soon as possible compared to the Broncos and Packers, who have some hurdles to overcome.

Yup.   And if Rodgers does not break a thumb and Watson catches that first pass and Bakh was healthy...and...and...
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (13h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (16h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (18h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (20h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (20h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (20h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.