dfosterf
9 months ago
It was a lot of weight. Did it rain? Those chips would weigh a shit load if wet. Your Dodge can certainly tow a lot. Least of your problems would be worrying about its load capacity.

You always need a pickup truck as a homeowner, imo

Zero2Cool
9 months ago

It was a lot of weight. Did it rain? Those chips would weigh a shit load if wet. Your Dodge can certainly tow a lot. Least of your problems would be worrying about its load capacity.

You always need a pickup truck as a homeowner, imo 

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

It did rain over night and it was a lot of sand. The guy who did the stump grinding got carried away chasing roots that were inches below the grass.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 months ago
There ya go. You probably had a ton or God knows what in that sucker. As far as the truck giving the sensation that it wanted to push forward...

If it was momentary, you might have a worn u joint or u joints, and the stress from the payload would exasperate the sensation.

You can crawl under the truck and grab the driveshaft in both hands and twist it back and forth looking and feeling for movement in the u joints. It can also be the transmission speed sensor going a little goofy due to the heavy load. They can get a little weird on those older Dodge trucks...My shift point was always a bit high and "thumpy" until I replaced the speed sensor. They can also be adjusted, but it's a trial and error kind of thing. I remember I would let off the gas a little and it would shift.  (Prior to having it replaced, after the mechanic tried to get me by with an adjustment)

All in all, give me the truck you have vs. a Chevy or Ford as far as load carrying. There's a reason your truck rides like a friggin brick in comparison to those brands. 

Zero2Cool
9 months ago

There ya go. You probably had a ton in that sucker. As far as the truck giving the sensation that it wanted to push forward...

If it was momentary, you might have a worn u joint or u joints, and the stress from the payload would exasperate the sensation.

You can crawl under the truck and grab the driveshaft in both hands and twist it back and forth looking and feeling for movement in the u joints. It can also be the transmission speed sensor going a little goofy due to the heavy load. They can get a little weird on those older Dodge trucks...My shift point was always a bit high and "thumpy" until I replaced the speed sensor. They can also be adjusted, but it's a trial and error kind of thing. I remember I would let off the gas a little and it would shift.  (Prior to having it replaced, after the mechanic tried to get me by with an adjustment)

All in all, give me the truck you have vs. a Chevy or Ford as far as load carrying. There's a reason your truck rides like a friggin brick in comparison to those brands.  

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

When I had the transmission checked, the shop told me there's a little "slam" because my u-joints have a slight wear on them.

As for how the truck rides. Suspension has been replaced via new shocks all around and the front end has all new tie-rods, etc. Ball joints were also replaced in front end. When hauling that load. I felt bumps in the front, but when the ass went over them ... smooth as can be lol
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
9 months ago
I would imagine that with that lift you'd be getting accelerated wear on the u joints, but don't know if they changed the angle of attack on your differential when they did the lift to compensate. Speaking of the lift, the reason I speculate that they cut off your receiver as opposed to breaking off or rusted... No way that heavy gauge steel is going to rust off prior to anything else, and the load to break it off before snapping the welds...no way, I say. I think when they lifted the truck they had to cut it off to make the lift work. You described the receiver as going through the plate, if it was intact, that is...I'm assuming like cars of my era with the gas tank fill through a hinged license plate kind of deal. That's not normal, at all, and I'm also wondering if they eliminated the "drop" that the receiver would have from the frame to "normally" get it just below the bumper to where it is now.  You may be a victim of an industrial grade 'Nip and Tuck" as it were..

All that being said, my envisioned solution would be to get a properly lengthened properly gauged piece of box steel, 2 pieces of sheet steel, piggy back downward from the existing receiver, welding to that and the cross member, dropping your new receiver below the bumper where is should  be. Oh, and put the hitch pin holes in it. 😆  I got it at 250 out the door if you find the welder intrigued and up for the challenge of unf%cking what some idiot did to f%ck you
 Guys like that love to bitch about the idiot that came before lol. Just dont mention your line of work. With a truck like that, he wont guess it, lol Camo pants wouldn't hurt.

Zero2Cool
9 months ago
It seems vehicles are quite insanely overpriced. Even if the transmission needs to be replaced, I can do that for about $1,000 and even if I go high-end on the hitch, that's $450. Still a lot less expensive then spending $10,000 on a truck that has who knows what issues with it. At least I know most of my under body is new and the engine has less than 20k miles. I might have to redo the trailer wiring but that shouldn't be too difficult.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (8h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (9h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (9h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (9h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (10h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.