Zero2Cool
7 months ago
Jordan Love has six passing touchdowns through his first two starts this season. And zero interceptions. If you told me that three weeks ago, I would say the Packers had two convincing victories.

What happened on the QB sneak that wasn't? There are times when a play is called and the QB will want to do a sneak. He'll pinch the Center in the rear on whichever cheek he wants to sneak. Left will be left cheek. Right will be right cheek. I think Jordan Love did the ole pinch and the Center failed to snap the ball. They were probably initially just going to try and get them to jump off sides, but Love saw an opening and wanted to sneak it.

Jaire Alexander had one of his worse games as a professional. Quay Walker had one of his best games. I think that kid is coming into his own now. Seems kinda crazy we might have TWO capable to good inside linebackers.

Cam Akers is reportedly available by trade. Based on history here with Rams, I suspect they'll take a used diaper in exchange. Considering RB Kareem Hunt is free agent, that is likely all the Rams will get for Akers.

I would like to rail on the defense, but Falcons are one of the best running teams in the league. If you don't sustain drives and keep them off the field, you're gonna have a hard time winning. That being said though, we had two interceptions that were dropped. You get just one of them and maybe it's a different outcome. I say maybe because you never know that ripple effect.

Ryan Wood Tweeted the following.
"Not sure I’ve ever seen so much postgame discussion among players in locker room as I saw after this one. It happens. For sure, it happens. This looked different. Position to position, players huddled at lockers, discussing plays on the field.

That locker room was a classroom."

This is a good sign. I am encouraged to see how this young team responds. I do not like losing at all, but we needed to see how this team handles some adversity. We got some early in the season. LET'S GO!!

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 months ago
Maybe I'm wrong on the QB sneak. I just read what QB Jordan Love said.

Jordan Love on the QB sneak.
“Just messed up the operation with the cadence on that one. Not everybody got the call to get the sneak, so I messed that operation up right there … I said the wrong thing, so it’s pretty much not a play until I give the live word pretty much and I gave the wrong live word on that one.”

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 months ago
As predicted in my post last night in another thread , the sun did come up today.
Mistakes were made by players and coaches.
They gave one away, it happens, especially with young teams.

The important thing is they all learn from this and stay together.

Pretty sure film study is going to go extra long today.

I'm never going to play the "what if" game.
Packers lost, they are 1-1, still in 1st place in the division.
Time to turn the page, start preparing for The Saints.

Go! Pack! Go!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Zero2Cool
7 months ago

As predicted in my post last night in another thread , the sun did come up today.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

The Sun does not come up. The Earth rotates around the Sun. So, your prediction is FAKE NEWS! Pedantic for the Win!!

Mistakes were made by players and coaches.
They gave one away, it happens, especially with young teams.

The important thing is they all learn from this and stay together.

Pretty sure film study is going to go extra long today.

I'm never going to play the "what if" game.
Packers lost, they are 1-1, still in 1st place in the division.
Time to turn the page, start preparing for The Saints.

Go! Pack! Go!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You said Packers gave one away. I will go semantic on you and say the Packers did not take one that was there for the taking.

Absolutely time to turn the page. Monday will be review of the Falcons film. Learn what ya did right, did wrong and what changes needed to be made. Gotta learn from it. And this time next week we'll be 2-1. BOOKED IT.

BTW, if it is not obvious, I'm being facetious with some of this buck, don't get upset. Just having fun on a great Monday morning!
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
7 months ago

The Sun does not come up. The Earth rotates around the Sun. So, your prediction is FAKE NEWS! Pedantic for the Win!!

You said Packers gave one away. I will go semantic on you and say the Packers did not take one that was there for the taking.

Absolutely time to turn the page. Monday will be review of the Falcons film. Learn what ya did right, did wrong and what changes needed to be made. Gotta learn from it. And this time next week we'll be 2-1. BOOKED IT.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm just patiently waiting for you to post you're power rankings after tonight's games so I can make my week 3 picks.😃😃
I can finish 8-8 if I get both games tonight which would be an improvement from week 1!!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
beast
7 months ago

Maybe I'm wrong on the QB sneak. I just read what QB Jordan Love said.

Jordan Love on the QB sneak.
“Just messed up the operation with the cadence on that one. Not everybody got the call to get the sneak, so I messed that operation up right there … I said the wrong thing, so it’s pretty much not a play until I give the live word pretty much and I gave the wrong live word on that one.”

Thanks for that update, I know people were blaming the Center, but it looked like the entire offense was on the same page, except for Love, I didn't know how you could single out a single OL for that, none of them took off.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 months ago

Thanks for that update, I know people were blaming the Center, but it looked like the entire offense was on the same page, except for Love, I didn't know how you could single out a single OL for that, none of them took off.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Sometimes only the Center and QB know it's gonna be a sneak. That's the purpose of the ass pinch, lol. And the since QB moved and Center didn't, that's how I pointed finger at the Center. But as Jordan said, he had the cadence wrong. So he's either taking the fall for his guy or he fooked up.
UserPostedImage
beast
7 months ago

Sometimes only the Center and QB know it's gonna be a sneak. That's the purpose of the ass pinch, lol. And the since QB moved and Center didn't, that's how I pointed finger at the Center. But as Jordan said, he had the cadence wrong. So he's either taking the fall for his guy or he fooked up.

I think I know what you mean (and agree) but disagree with the wording.

At least what I'm used to, is everyone on offense KNOWS the play. But the snap is on "go" or you go whenever the ball is snapped, and only the Center and QB know that with touches (usually not pinches).

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
7 months ago

I think I know what you mean (and agree) but disagree with the wording.

At least what I'm used to, is everyone on offense KNOWS the play. But the snap is on "go" or you go whenever the ball is snapped, and only the Center and QB know that with touches (usually not pinches).

Originally Posted by: beast 

Generally yes, everyone on offense knows the play. But sometimes the QB is given the green light to pinch and sneak if he reads an opening and/or gap. I was taught it in High School and thought it was a whacky coach, but then heard Brett Favre talking about pinching I think Frank Winters so then I was like oh so maybe my coach wasn't a doofus after all haha.

I would assume a slap or touch to indicate which direction is better than an ass pinch. If you think about it, a pinch could draw a reaction from the Center if ya pinch too hard! LoL But I wasn't talking about a full on leave mark pinch. It was just kind of a pinch that's enough to know you it wasn't an accident. I guess my wording isn't getting better so yeah I'll stop now.

But it's definitely something that happens. And it is absolutely something that the other 9 might not be aware of. The actual mechanics of it can very.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (9h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (14h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (16h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (16h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (19h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (19h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (19h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (19h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (20h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.