nerdmann
5 months ago

Really frustrating game. Frustrating because I think this is one the Packers should have had based on what we saw on the field. The backwards pass that Packers recovered really loomed large. So did that blocked extra point.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Packers were less attacked by the refs than in the last couple weeks. Also, guys are starting to run the correct routes, and with consistency. Things might be looking better.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
umair_010
5 months ago

Packers were less attacked by the refs than in the last couple weeks. Also, guys are starting to run the correct routes, and with consistency. Things might be looking better.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yea I just wish we won this one because we would at least have a chance for a playoff run.
umair_010
5 months ago
Let's not forget to mention how awful the run defense was.
Zero2Cool
5 months ago

Let's not forget to mention how awful the run defense was.

Originally Posted by: umair_010 

Run defense either stopped them quick or got hosed fir huge gain. Quite maddening. Not sure why Steelers even passed it.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

Run defense either stopped them quick or got hosed fir huge gain. Quite maddening. Not sure why Steelers even passed it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

As the announcer stated, Packers have been heavily slanting one direction, to get more pressure on the backfield.

Basically it becomes a chess match of which direction, if the offense guesses right, huge gain, if they guess wrong, nothing.

Packers are still trying to get more and more like the Rams old defense, but they still don't have the DTs inside for it, and there aren't many Aaron Donald's in NFL history.

Though the Vic Fangio defenses has has done well a lot of other places, but still, it helps the DBs and hurts the DL and you need a dominant DL for it (or have the opponents chasing) and the Packers just don't right now.

I assume the Steelers pass the ball because the Packers lined up super heavy against the run.
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
5 months ago

After the end of the game, someone was hitting Tom while he was on the ground, on the sideline, after making the tackle.

IMO, that someone needs to be suspended.

Tom was just tackling the returners, whom didn't have to return the ball...

Originally Posted by: beast 

I saw that. I think Tom may have hit him a little late but that still doesn’t warrant what the retaliation was.

I’m pretty sure I heard the ref at the end of the game call a personal foul on #74 which would be Jenkins. Not sure if they had the number wrong or if Jenkins actually did something.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago

I saw that. I think Tom may have hit him a little late but that still doesn’t warrant what the retaliation was.

I’m pretty sure I heard the ref at the end of the game call a personal foul on #74 which would be Jenkins. Not sure if they had the number wrong or if Jenkins actually did something.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

I saw a reply and it looked better than I originally thought...

Tom pushed the Steelers INT return guy out maybe a step late, and he got thrown into a Steelers coach. And looked like the main part was 100% Tom and that Steelers player.

Tom then slipped and went down, and the Steelers player got up and was shoving Tom back down as he tried to get up...

Other Steelers players did the right thing, didn't get involved with Tom, did get involved with their own guy.

Other Packers came over to get Tom, whom looked awkward getting up, and lost his balance, and I was wondering if he maybe had a concussion or just simply lost his balance, then a Packers player helped keep him up and he seemed alright after being held a bit.

Jenkins came over, SEMI late, seemingly ready to throw down if needed, but found peace and calm and he relaxed.

Then of all people, the helmet-less Kicker grabbed Jenkins from behind horsecollar (seemingly for no reason) and dragged him away from the Steelers.

Jenkins not knowing who or why it was done (again, everyone was calm by that point) was agitated and other Steelers came over to help the kicker (kicker shouldn't be the one starting stuff).

The replay didn't stay in Jenkins and the Steelers long enough, to see the entire picture of what happened, but what it did show was minor shoving, but you know the second guy always gets called rule.

The 5 things I saw was
1) Tom pushed the man out of bounce a bit late, probably going to get a fine.

2) Innocent Coach took the worst of anything getting nailed by the Steelers INT return man.

3) Steelers INT return man, getting up and shoving Tom down as he's trying to get up off the ground. Should be fined for going attack someone already on the ground.

4) Kicker needlessly pulling Jenkins. I doubt he'll get fined.

5) Jenkins talking and shoving.... I could see them going either way on that, maybe see the ref called it, and camera picked it up, he'll be fined, though I think the Kicker saw Jenkins coming over, got out of the way and let him by. And only took issue after things were already calm and Jenkins back was turned and then he restarted things.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago
I saw the video again, and this one shows a lot more after the kicker pulled Jenkins off than the other one.

Looking over it again, I expect fines because NFL is very much into PR, and you got an old man getting nailed and pushing on the ground, but if the old man is alright, I'm not sure there should be any fines.

Tom touched the returner, but I can't tell if there was much force there or if the returner just slipped trying to avoid Tom, the coach and slow down. I think the returner has a right to be upset, but not shoving a guy that's already on the ground.

Great credit to majority of the Steelers bench for not getting involved in that, and the guy in all black for taking the Defender off Tom very quickly.

As for the Kicker/Jenkins, I think this video is much more telling, the Kicker avoided Jenkins on his way over, but then saw the ST coach being picked up off the ground and Jenkins right next to him, that's when the Kicker suddenly got his moxy, for his ST coach, the kicker actions now make sense.

But other than jaw jacking it looks like Jenkins and the Kicker stopped it there... while other small players rushed over to protect their guys and started pushing.

Looks like maybe Aaron Jones for the Packers and you can't see the Steelers numbers, but look similar sized.

But looks like Jenkins MIGHT be totally innocent.other than talking. Jones was trying to protect Jenkins, and other Steelers were trying to back up their kicker whom was trying to get room for the ST coach.

So to me it all makes sense and only some pushing, at the end. I'd just be looking at the start, Tom's push and the defender getting on top of him.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 months ago
I just wanted to post that no matter what the refs say, that was clearly a lateral...

Also late in the game, I believe on 3rd and 2 around the 5 minutes left in the game mark, right before the Steelers kicked a FG, Steelers rolled right, Packers had it covered, Campbell was coming in for the sack, QB was looking, nothing was open, Campbell touched the QB, and with the QB clearly looking straight down baby tosses it forward, it does not make it back to the line of scrimmage.

If he got the ball past the line of scrimmage, then that's not intentional grounding, but he didn't... it was a baby toss that looked like it only made it 60% of the way back to the line to gain, which was maybe 5 to 7byards away...

So by rule, it all comes down to this part of the rule, if that's intentional grounding or not

"passing motion is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the ball to land short of the line of scrimmage."

So the ref can rightfully claim it's not intentional grounding due to Campbell being on top of him.

That being said....if you just watch it, that's 1,000% intentional grounding, the QB is looking down, and preparing to be hit, and trying to safely land, not trying to get the ball to anyone. That's giving up on the play and trying not to get hurt, when he could of just slid down but didn't.

Now, they probably make the FG anyways, but this isn't a Packers vs Steelers thing for me, it's an offense vs defense thing... the game is set up to favor the offense, the rules are already set up to favor the offense, the refs actions favor the offense, defensive players are too often screwed....

At minimum, Campbell deserves a sack or forced fumble stat on the play...

We fans should not know the rules better than the Refs... and we don't, but why aren't the refs enforcing the rules?

They have made it so much easier for the QB to throw the ball away, all he has to do is be outside the pocket and past the line of scrimmage... they made it simpler for the QBs, and they don't even have to do that, they just get a free pass...
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
5 months ago

I just wanted to post that no matter what the refs say, that was clearly a lateral...

Also late in the game, I believe on 3rd and 2 around the 5 minutes left in the game mark, right before the Steelers kicked a FG, Steelers rolled right, Packers had it covered, Campbell was coming in for the sack, QB was looking, nothing was open, Campbell touched the QB, and with the QB clearly looking straight down baby tosses it forward, it does not make it back to the line of scrimmage.

If he got the ball past the line of scrimmage, then that's not intentional grounding, but he didn't... it was a baby toss that looked like it only made it 60% of the way back to the line to gain, which was maybe 5 to 7byards away...

So by rule, it all comes down to this part of the rule, if that's intentional grounding or not

So the ref can rightfully claim it's not intentional grounding due to Campbell being on top of him.

That being said....if you just watch it, that's 1,000% intentional grounding, the QB is looking down, and preparing to be hit, and trying to safely land, not trying to get the ball to anyone. That's giving up on the play and trying not to get hurt, when he could of just slid down but didn't.

Now, they probably make the FG anyways, but this isn't a Packers vs Steelers thing for me, it's an offense vs defense thing... the game is set up to favor the offense, the rules are already set up to favor the offense, the refs actions favor the offense, defensive players are too often screwed....

At minimum, Campbell deserves a sack or forced fumble stat on the play...

We fans should not know the rules better than the Refs... and we don't, but why aren't the refs enforcing the rules?

They have made it so much easier for the QB to throw the ball away, all he has to do is be outside the pocket and past the line of scrimmage... they made it simpler for the QBs, and they don't even have to do that, they just get a free pass...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Yes I was very surprised that Steratore agreed with the call. He’s usually spot on, but in this case he could not be more wrong. Very frustrating.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (56m) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (1h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (6h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (6h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (21h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (22h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (23h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (23h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.