Zero2Cool
5 months ago
The Chargers game was one thing. The excuses were the Chargers dropped many passes and gave the game to Packers. Is this the Packers fault?

The Lions game the Lions probably should have won. They went for it on fourth down five times. And some of them weren't in favorable positions at all.

Yes, that's all true. But what I've seen from Jordan Love is encouraging. I wanted to see improvement in his decision making. And by improvement I'm meaning make a decision and sling it. I feel he's doing that better the last few games.

I'm still gonna stay on him about guiding the ball down field rather than letting it loose. Our WR are beating the secondary. We need to capitalize on those plays by hitting guys deep. Not underthrowing them.

Mark Murphy said it will probably take “at least half a season” for the team to know what it has in new starting quarterback Jordan Love.

What do you think?
UserPostedImage
5 months ago
Hype or Real….a thought-provoking question?

I think the 'hype' aspect is that we have seen the green shoots of greatness. We have seen that Love has the ability to do great things. We also see that he has some growing to do particularly in under throwing the long ball. But the green shoots of greatness are there. I think the scouts and NFL professionals would say that there is a high ceiling. The nature of hype is that you are promoting something that has not yet delivered consistent greatness. But it’s the green shoots that provide the hope and hype. Jordan Love is going to have ups and downs and we all need to keep that in mind. He is a first-year starter after having spent three years on the bench. So far I like what I'm seeing... a lot.

Moreover, for the rest of the team, we see that the receiving core has shown great promise but also still has a ways to go. Some of our younger offensive linemen are holding up well but clearly we have room to grow and improve there. I don't think they have the ability to take us deep into the playoffs, if we were to even make the playoffs. Nevertheless, with the advent of Zach Tom, at least one piece of the puzzle could be there long term. Hope springs eternal with David Bakhtiari and Jenkins on the left side next year.

And the defense. Our front four has been terrific relative to most expectations. In the back seven, we have been very banged up yet performed well.

Is the glass half full or half empty? I prefer to think it's at 50% capacity with a strong element of growth. Let's not kid ourselves. We're not going anywhere far this year, but if Love continues on this pace and the receivers continue to improve, the defense continues to overperform, it could be in a very exciting time to be a Packer fan.

In fact the best time to be a fan of the team is when you have low expectations and the team is overperforming those expectations and improving.

Go Packers!!!!
nerdmann
5 months ago

The Chargers game was one thing. The excuses were the Chargers dropped many passes and gave the game to Packers. Is this the Packers fault?

The Lions game the Lions probably should have won. They went for it on fourth down five times. And some of them weren't in favorable positions at all.

Yes, that's all true. But what I've seen from Jordan Love is encouraging. I wanted to see improvement in his decision making. And by improvement I'm meaning make a decision and sling it. I feel he's doing that better the last few games.

I'm still gonna stay on him about guiding the ball down field rather than letting it loose. Our WR are beating the secondary. We need to capitalize on those plays by hitting guys deep. Not underthrowing them.

Mark Murphy said it will probably take “at least half a season” for the team to know what it has in new starting quarterback Jordan Love.

What do you think?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

What I've seen is that Detroit beating us was the part that was unbelievable. We lost that game and three others because of it it, due to injuries sustained in that game.

Now we're getter from that, and the WRs are starting to run the correct routes. Oline are getting better, not as injured. Here we go.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
5 months ago

What do you think?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think it's to early to tell, the first quarter of the season with the OL injuries and young receivers still learning the playbook and NFL sure as hell didn't help anything and I don't think you can fairly grade that as too much was going wrong... and Love got into some bad habits both to protect himself but they also made him worse...

Also I feel like the play calling did him no favors, as there seemed to be a lot of similar routes and not mixing things up, where I wasn't seeing any crossers, or any slants, and we have just scored TDs on those routes in the last two weeks.

I think Love has absolutely done better the last couple of weeks and got out of those bad habits and a good job maximizing the his options.

That being said, until he fixes his issue with the long ball, he's will always be limited. Don't get me wrong, he can fit the long ball, and I read a stat that he has the most completed 30+ yard passes (he's also attempted the most).

But it seems at times like after a certain distance, Love's passes lose their spin, start wobbling, and the accuracy of the pass is lost. And Love is trying to do a balancing act between power and spiral. And since the spiral isn't consistent, he doesn't always know how much power to put on it, so it's a bit of a guessing game and that's hurting him.

If he can get the spin to be consistent he might be able to dominate on those deep passes too.

That being said, I'd be keeping my eyes open on QBs in the draft. Not that I nessarily want to replace Love, but with how the NFL works, a good, not great player at every position might get paid too much, especially at QB.

I mean QB Derek Carr got released and is STILL earnings $37.5 million per year... if we want to resign Jordan Love long term, then we're probably talking $40 per season, like Daniel Jones, and Kyler Murray got $46.1 per season.

I like Jordan Love he's a good QB, but just good QBs make too much money... if they aren't cheap or a great QB, you should be looking for another QB because the investment is too high.

Of course, this needs to be in context, that I'm just saying looking, looking for a good value, if the value isn't right for drafting a QB then don't force the issue either. Because you can stick with Love and his teammates seem to love Jordan as a person. So in no way am I saying force him out, but if the right value comes along, don't be afraid to pull the trigger.

Ted Thompson pulled the trigger on QB Brohm, which I thought was a bad choice as I really didn't like Brohm's film, but I'm just saying keep your eyes open.

Also, whom knows, maybe the Packers already have a pretty good backup on the roster.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 months ago
To me hype is empty and shallow. The bares this past summer were hyped by everyone. Fields was going to be in the running for MVP. He proclaimed that he was going to pass for 4000 yards. Yada yada. When they failed so wonderfully against GB in the first week it all came crashing down. You don't hear anyone talking them up at all.

That is not what we are seeing with the Packers. They have actually grown as the season has progressed. Jordan is making better decisions. WRs are running better routes. The team as a whole has looked better despite the fact that they have been decimated with injuries on both sides of the ball. Will they make the playoffs? I don't know. Outside of the KC game they have a chance to run the table. Then again if they could go back and get wins over a few of the weaker teams they lost to earlier in the year I would feel a whole lot better about their chances as the season winds down.

It's hope not hype.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
5 months ago
I'm going with hoype for now.
umair_010
5 months ago
19 tds to 10 int is not too bad so far for his first full season. The offense has not reached the ceiling yet. I like what I see. I'm happy that the d is doing better.
Fan Shout
beast (9h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (10h) : damn those vikings
beast (11h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (11h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (11h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (11h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (18h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (18h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (18h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.