Mucky Tundra
4 months ago
Started at a new job at the end of November. Last week was my first week on the floor after classroom training. Come into work today to see someone that I didnt see at all last week (found out he was sick). Coworker asks me about the game yesterday while explaining he's also a Packers fan. Then the next words out of his mouth are "We need Aaron back bad, Love just ain't getting us anywhere."

Send help y'all!
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
4 months ago

Started at a new job at the end of November. Last week was my first week on the floor after classroom training. Come into work today to see someone that I didnt see at all last week (found out he was sick). Coworker asks me about the game yesterday while explaining he's also a Packers fan. Then the next words out of his mouth are "We need Aaron back bad, Love just ain't getting us anywhere."

Send help y'all!

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Dear Mucky,

My condolences...I see this all the time from the imperitissimi. They simply don't understand football well enough to make any qualitative judgements regarding any other position so they, like many of the pillocks who promulgate the airways, spend an inordinate amount their time discussing the quarterback position.

Perhaps you can look at this as an opportunity to educate him on the sport. You may start with a common ground statement...something like, "Yes, Rodgers was wonderful and it is clear he carried this team for a long time as the talent around him was clearly not championship calibre."

This would be preferred to "Hey you stupid bastard, Rodgers has almost nothing left in the tank!!! We have to get younger and Love is showing great promise. No go home and get your shine box."

I wish you good luck.

Go Packers!!!!
beast
4 months ago

Send help y'all!

Remind him Rodgers didn't get the Packers much of anywhere last year, nor the Jets this year.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago
You're familiar with submitting notice of resignation, yes? Cite hostile work environment as reason for departure.
UserPostedImage
umair_010
4 months ago
I cant say anything bad about Rodgers. I loved him as a packers QB and I still wish him the best. That dude can ball no doubt. All good things come to an end.
Mucky Tundra
4 months ago

Perhaps you can look at this as an opportunity to educate him on the sport. You may start with a common ground statement...something like, "Yes, Rodgers was wonderful and it is clear he carried this team for a long time as the talent around him was clearly not championship calibre."

This would be preferred to "Hey you stupid bastard, Rodgers has almost nothing left in the tank!!! We have to get younger and Love is showing great promise. No go home and get your shine box."

I wish you good luck.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Remind him Rodgers didn't get the Packers much of anywhere last year, nor the Jets this year.

Originally Posted by: beast 

That's the thing, he even acknowledged that Rodgers didnt play well towards the end and was taking up tons of cap space. I think he's one of those "we need a 1st round WR" every year types who doesnt want to admit Love could be really good.

You're familiar with submitting notice of resignation, yes? Cute hostile work environment as reason for departure.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My Fortune 500 employee in a right to work state: You're funny!🤣 Cya!

I dont think differences in who should start at QB for the Packers would qualify me for unemployment. 😅😬

I cant say anything bad about Rodgers. I loved him as a packers QB and I still wish him the best. That dude can ball no doubt. All good things come to an end.

Originally Posted by: umair_010 

Yep. I'll remember the good times but it was clearly time for a departure.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
24 days ago
Update on my coworker who's a Packers fan

Encounter #1 a few weeks ago

Coworker asked me if I thought Love would be QB after this season. Me, spending too much time here and on the Packers Twittersphere, reply that they'll probably give an extension this offseason since Love is under contract only for next season. Coworker isn't sure if that's a good idea.

Encounter #2 this week

Coworker shows April Fools joke picture saying Green Bay has traded for Aaron Rodgers. Coworker states that he thinks it would be better with Rodgers at QB and that Love didn't get it done in the crunch time last year and vs San Fran. I try to argue you gotta give Love more than a season. After all, the Packers missed the playoffs Rodgers 1st year as starter and didn't win a playoff game until his 3rd.

I don't know how you can look at how this offense performed last year with all the young guys, look at all the progress made during the season and go "We need to go in another direction after just one year with Love." Guys, SEND HELP!!!
UserPostedImage
beast
24 days ago

Update on my coworker who's a Packers fan

Encounter #1 a few weeks ago

Coworker asked me if I thought Love would be QB after this season. Me, spending too much time here and on the Packers Twittersphere, reply that they'll probably give an extension this offseason since Love is under contract only for next season. Coworker isn't sure if that's a good idea.

Encounter #2 this week

Coworker shows April Fools joke picture saying Green Bay has traded for Aaron Rodgers. Coworker states that he thinks it would be better with Rodgers at QB and that Love didn't get it done in the crunch time last year and vs San Fran. I try to argue you gotta give Love more than a season. After all, the Packers missed the playoffs Rodgers 1st year as starter and didn't win a playoff game until his 3rd.

I don't know how you can look at how this offense performed last year with all the young guys, look at all the progress made during the season and go "We need to go in another direction after just one year with Love." Guys, SEND HELP!!!

I almost feel like this is an April Fools prank, this guy is in total denial.

If one is being realistic, after that horrible early/middle section, there is no way you could of expected them to make the playoffs, and they did. Yes, they were only a 7th seed... but they also became the first 7th seed in NFL history to win a playoff game (and making the Cowboys the first in NFL history to lose to a 7th seed which is just bonus points, thanks Jerry for damning a 7th seed be added.)

When has Rodgers beaten San Francisco in the playoffs? He's 0-4 against the 49ers in the playoffs.

Some of Love's passes clearly don't look pretty, but after they finally started getting their OL healthy and got Tuesday night players only review going at Love's place, at least for the receivers, the offense took off... and I believe they kept it going without Jones, Watson and Musgrave.

I'm not saying Love will be winning any MVP awards, but Love got the job done and maybe more surprising and impressive to me is simply how the teammates talk about Jordan....

Yes they talk about him being a star QB... but that's not what I'm talking about, they keep going in extra minor stuff, but when you start piecing them together, it seems like the guys have extra love for Jordan as a teammate... which I didn't feel with Rodgers. Not that anyone outside of Jennings, Finely, Sternbuger and mental case KGB ever said anything wrong about Rodgers.

But they seems to truly appreciate Love extra, as a person for some reason, which I can't explain, but they want to go extra in defending him with the questions. So I feel like Jordan has been great at making personal connections with guys.

UserPostedImage
24 days ago
Some Biblical advice...
Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

which I interpret to mean...you can't win with a fool.
Go Packers!!!!
bboystyle
23 days ago
Clearly your co worker is a Rodgers fan. Just remind him that if we took his advice, Rodgers would of never seen 2009 and beyond. Love did better with less his first year.

If he continues, kindly ask him to piss off as hes not a packers fan
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (5h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (5h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (7h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (7h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (7h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (8h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (8h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (19h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (21h) : damn those vikings
beast (21h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (21h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (21h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (21h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (21h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.