Mucky Tundra
4 months ago

UserPostedImage
The “sky’s the limit” for rookie Dontayvion Wicks, who has outperformed most of the rookies in this draft class and has become a key part of the Packers’ offense.

Continue Reading @ Sports Illustrated 

Sports Illustrated wrote:

“A lot,” Love said on Wednesday when asked what he likes about Wicks. “I think just his personality, how he approaches coming into work every week, finding ways to get better. He’s always asking questions, always asking if he’s in the right spot, and then I think he’s a guy who’s in his coach’s ear all the time, trying to find ways to get better."

As much buzz as Musgrave and Reed have gotten, Wicks might outshine them all when it's said and done.

Also interesting how they refer to Adam's as a HoF lock. I thought he was on the outside looking in tbh.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
4 months ago

Also interesting how they refer to Adam's as a HoF lock. I thought he was on the outside looking in tbh.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

1) They never said which Hall of Fame, I'm sure he'll make his Highschool Hall of Fame, assuming they're paying attention. And might make Packers and Raiders Hall of Fame too.

2) I feel like the NFL Hall of Fame has gotten weaker and easier to get into in recent decades. As they seem to be more about inviting as many into the Hall Of Fame as the rules allow, which tries to sell more tickets, which I think is their goal, especially as supposedly the Hall of Fame is struggling financially.

3) Adams is currently #45 in career receiving yardage with about (rounding) 10,600 career yardage. To get in the top 10 of all time, a receiver would need about 14,350.

So Adams just needs 3,750 more career receiving yardage to be in the top 10 of all time. He was putting up 1,300 to 1,500 per season for a while there, but with injuries and QB issues, that's gone down this year, but still looks like he'll crack 1,000.

So if he can stay healthy and playing for 3 to 5 more years, I think he has a a legitimate shot, especially considering, I don't think anyone can argue he was the best WR in the NFL at least one year (possible two).
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 months ago
For at least the past ten years , there has been a logjam  at the wide receiver position  when it comes to Hall of Fame inductions. Some of the most spectacular specimens of our lifetimes have waited a long time  to receive their busts. Adams has been impressive, but I don't think cracking the top 10 in career yardage will be enough to secure a berth. I think he needs more than a year or two of league dominance to receive consideration. The fact that he got to play with Aaron Rodgers will probably hurt his cause rather than help it, though the fact that he had a great season with Raiders will be a point in his favor.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
4 months ago

supposedly the Hall of Fame is struggling financially.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I can't say I'm terribly surprised. I visited it once when I happened to be in Canton for an interview, and I wasn't all that impressed. Seeing Reggie White's bust was cool, and the A Game for Life holographic locker room was impressive; but overall, I found the experience underwhelming and even kind of boring. I got there pretty late in the day and was still able to work my way through before closing time. I didn't find it worth the price of admission.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
4 months ago

I think he needs more than a year or two of league dominance to receive consideration. The fact that he got to play with Aaron Rodgers will probably hurt his cause rather than help it, though the fact that he had a great season with Raiders will be a point in his favor.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Except that every armchair QB (HI!) predicted he'd rock out in year one and produce less the following year. We cannot underestimate the power of motivation.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
4 months ago
I am still impressed he held onto that TD pass against the Panthers as he took a big hit and left the game afterwards. This young WR and TE group gives you so much optimism for the future. Let's get the OL upgraded and a new coordinator on Defense and I am pretty excited.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (2h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (2h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (3h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (3h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (14h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (15h) : damn those vikings
beast (15h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (16h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (16h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (16h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (23h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (23h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (23h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.