Jenkins

Runyan

7/25%

Rhyan

Newman

7/25%

Nijman

7/25%

The offensive line won another game in the trenches, though this time it was not a dominant effort.  The pass protection was excellent.  Jordan Love was only hit 3 times and sacked just once.  While there was some pressure at times, the line and Love were usually able to buy enough time for long-developing routes to materialize, even if it meant some throws off the back foot.  

The run blocking warmed up as the game progressed.  The Packers gained 143 yards on 33 carries for a 4.3-yard average for the game.  The run blocking was hit or miss in the first half.  The Packers gained just 32 yards on 15 carries in the first half to average 2.1-yards per carry.  Of the 15 carries, which were all by running backs, 6 would be deemed successful runs. 

The line started opening wide running lanes in the second half with some regularity.  The Packers’ running backs ran the ball 8 times in the second half and gained 89 yards (Love had a kneel down for the ninth carry).  The Cowboys only had one tackle for loss (on Aaron Jones).

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Jones

Wilson

Taylor

9/32%

Aaron Jones finished with 118 yards on 21 carries, a 5.6-yard average with 2 touchdowns.  He caught his only  target for 13 yards.  Jones has excellent vision and processes quickly.  His play speed to the hole (or crease) is very fast.  He picks up the blitz very well and can run an expanded route tree as a receiver.  Trying to replace him with a second round pick is a risky proposition.  He won’t turn 30 until next December.  Let us hope the Packers can find a way to retain him in 2024, though giving third contracts to running backs is also risky.

Emanuel Wilson gained 2 yards on 3 carries in the first half.  I thought he did very well to get back to the line of scrimmage on one of those carries and to gain a yard on another carry.  Wilson added 18 more yards on 5 carries in the second half.  Patrick Taylor gained 6 yards on 3 carries.

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Kraft

15/54%

Musgrave

3/11%

Sims

3-11%

Deguara

9/32%

Tucker Kraft caught both his targets in the first half for 15 yards, and dropped his only other target in the second half.  He also had a holding call.  Still, his blocking has improved significantly in the latter part of this season.   Ben Sims threw a couple of nice blocks but had no statistics. Deguara played.

Luke Musgrave caught all 3 of his targets for 52 yards, including a 38-yard touchdown.  The touchdown in the second half was the dagger, and it was a great play call.  Musgrave started in the slot to Love’s left and ran a deep crosser, catching Love’s pass well downfield near the numbers on the right side.  The offensive line and Love, who threw the pass while falling backwards, bought the time to make the long-developing play work.

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Love

95%

Clifford

Jordan Love completed 16 of 21 passes (76.19%) for 272 yards (12.95 yards/attempt) for 3 touchdowns and no interceptions.  His passer rating was 157.2.  There was a dropped pass.  Love did not have a turnover-worthy pass. He threw a dime for a touchdown to Doubs in the end zone.  Love did a lot of damage in the first half (13/16 for 195 yards with 2 TDs), but he puts points up in the second half by completing 3 of his 5 passes for 87 yards (17.4yards/att) with a touchdown.  

Moreover, Love appeared to change protections and/or the play altogether with very successful results.  He looks like a franchise quarterback, an expensive one.

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Doubs

2/7%

Wicks

55%

Reed

5/18%

Watson

Melton

8/29%

This was the Romeo Doubs show.  Doubs exploded for 152 yards on 6 receptions (6 targets), good for a 25.2-yard average, with a touchdown.  Doubs had 102 yards on 4 receptions in the first half.  In the first half, Wicks contributed 25 yards and a touchdown, Watson had 9 yards and Melton 7.  Only Doubs (2 for 49 yards and a TD) and Musgrave (1 for a 38-yard touchdown) caught a pass in the second half.   Reed had 3 targets but no receptions. Perhaps next year the staff can figure out how to play 2 TEs without taking Reed out.

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Wyatt

5/18%

Clark

Brooks

5/18%

Wooden 

5/18%

Slaton

10/36%

Clark, Slaton, and Brooks each had 2 tackles with Clark and Brooks having a QB hit.  Clark had a tackle for loss and several pressures.  Wooden had 3 tackles (2 solo).  Wyatt had 1 assisted tackle and a couple of pressures.  OC Tyler Biadasz was the weakest link.  The Cowboys gained 123 yards on 25 carries for a 4.9-yard average.  The average was 5.0 in the first half.  The Cowboys’ running backs gained 67 yards on 17 carries for a 3.7-yard average.  It was a reasonably good effort against an offensive line with 3 All-Pros.  Prescott escaped 6 times for 45 yards. The Cowboys ran 95 offensive plays and still lost. Think about that! 

Wyatt getting the most snaps is interesting.  I thought he was up and down against the run.  Wooden and Brooks getting more snaps than Slaton is a little surprising.  Getting a big lead perhaps meant valuing pass rush ovre run defense. 

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Campbell

5/18%

Walker

2/7%

Wilson

19/68%

McDuffie

9/32%

Smith

Van Ness

6/21%

Enagbare

7/25%

Gary

Welch

14/50%

Van Ness had 3 tackles (2 solo) with a sack and a tackle for loss.  The sack was a bull rush which benefited from excellent coverage.  Preston Smith had one tackle.  He was credited with a sack which also benefited greatly from coverage) and a pass defensed.  Enagbare had 1 tackle and 2 QB hits.  Rashan Gary had 1 tackle and a QB hit.  They all had multiple pressures.  Gary failed to dominate RT Terrence Steele.  Gary and Smith both rushed too far up-field allowing Prescott to scramble for good gains. Gary coming last in snaps is surprising.  

Quay Walker had 11 tackles (8 solo) and Campbell added 8 (6 solo) plus a QB hit and a pass defensed.  Eric Wilson had no statistics.  I thought the coverage was pretty good, especially in the first half when the RBs combined for just 7 receiving yards.  Anyone who was responsible for covering TE Jake Ferguson had headaches.  The Packers did okay in the first half, limiting Ferguson to 4 receptions on 5 targets for 31 yards and a TD.  Ferguson added 6 receptions on 7 targets for 63 more yards and 2 more TDs in the second half.

Player

Snaps

%

STs

Valentine

8/29%

Owens

18-64%

Nixon

8/29%

Savage

83%

7/25%

Alexander

Ballentine 

12/43%

Johnson

8/29%

Anderson

13-46%

Rochell

16/57%

Keisean Nixon had 11 tackles (7 solo) with a sack and 2 passes defensed.  The sack was a good defensive call that he executed well.  Nixon was very active.  He did miss a tackle at the line of scrimmage and another after a catch that led to sizable gains.  Valentine had 8 tackles (6 solo) and Alexander had 7 (3 solo) and a huge interception at the Dallas 19-yard line which subsequently led to a TD.  Alexander left the game early with an ankle injury and did not return, which was a shame because he was looking like one of the best CBs in the NFL.   Ballentine had 5 tackles (4 solo) and Savage had 4 tackles and a Pick 6.  

The coverage was very good in the first half.  Prescott only threw for 87 yards and a 47 passer rating in the first half.  It seemed like the defensive scheme confused the Cowboys and Prescott.  Unfortunately, Prescott threw for 316 yards in the second half.  Either the Packers really missed Alexander, figured out the defense, or Barry changed it in the second half.  Perhaps it was a little of all three.

I find it interesting that the Packers went for the touchdown on 4th and 2 while up with 10:23 left in the game up 41-16.  I also think playing Love and Jones when there was only 2:33 left in the game while up 48-32.  I think it means that Barry’s job is not safe though I am not certain about it.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Whelan punted 3 times for a 37.7-yard average, but all three were inside the 20, and indeed, inside the 10 if I recall correctly.  Carlson made 6 of 7 extra points.  There were a couple of high snaps, including the one he missed, but I thought Whelan did a good enough job getting it down.  The coverage teams were okay.  

Filed Under:

[URL=/blog/category/green-bay-packers-0" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Green Bay Packers[/URL]

[URL=/blog/category/cheesehead-tv/packers-news" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Packers News[/URL]

[URL=/blog/category/james-reynolds" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]James Reynolds[/URL]

NFL Categories:

[URL=/taxonomy/term/12334" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Dallas Cowboys[/URL]

[URL=/taxonomy/term/12336" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Green Bay Packers[/URL]

Tags:

[URL=/tag/packers-snap-counts" typeof="skos:Concept" property="rdfs:label skos:prefLabel" datatype="]Packers Snap Counts[/URL]

0 points

Continue Reading @ CheeseheadTV 

CheeseheadTV wrote:

There you go, Martha. Snap counts from the game. Looks like it was all Walker at LT.

And yikes that's a lot of snaps for the defense on a short week.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
3 months ago

There you go, Martha. Snap counts from the game. Looks like it was all Walker at LT.

And yikes that's a lot of snaps for the defense on a short week.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Thank you very much.

Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (8h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (12h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (12h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (13h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.