Mucky Tundra
26 days ago

The Packers have a total of 11 picks in the upcoming NFL Draft. Five of these picks are in the top 100. GM Brian Gutekunst has a lot of firepower to …

Continue Reading @ Jack Kurz 

Jack Kurz wrote:

Gute has said this offseason he's open to trading for a vet and this years LB class is shallow...
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
26 days ago
The best trades I've seen lately are the ones that weren't made... seems like teams getting a player haven't been getting much except a big bill.

Heck, supposedly the Bears saved us in Edge Rusher Khalil Mack and WR Chase Claypool (whom is currently a FA if any team is interested).

This year MLB class is shallow, they have a number of athletic 4-3 OLB types, but very few 4-3 MLB types, and the MLB type is the one we need.

Trying to look around, I don't see a recent LB form Boston College they might have a connection to, the ILB coach is from the Dolphins, but those guys seem a big small, other than the ones that were jist signed in FA.

What they're going to do at MLB, I think that's the biggest mystery, I assume McDuffie, but still need depth.
UserPostedImage
24 days ago
Hiptoro (sorry I never heard of them) wrote

NFL News: Green Bay Packers with Denver Broncos' Aim for Super Bowl, Star Tackle Trade

In the cutthroat arena of the NFL, where the balance of power can shift with a single trade, the Green Bay Packers are reportedly setting the stage for a monumental acquisition. With the spotlight on enhancing protection for their burgeoning quarterback, Jordan Love, the Packers are rumored to be in advanced talks to secure the services of Denver Broncos’ stalwart tackle, Garett Bolles. This potential trade could not only redefine Green Bay’s offensive line but also signal a new era of NFC dominance.

The Packers’ Pressing Need: Beyond David Bakhtiari

The urgency of this pursuit stems from the declining availability of David Bakhtiari, once a linchpin of Green Bay’s offensive machinery. Despite his All-Pro accolades during the tumultuous COVID-impacted season, Bakhtiari’s recent track record has been marred by injuries, limiting him to a mere 13 appearances over the last three seasons. This inconsistency has left the Packers in a precarious position, necessitating a bold move to ensure the steadfast protection of Jordan Love, who is stepping into his crucial second year as the starting quarterback.

The Bolles Proposal: A Win-Win for Green Bay and Denver
The envisaged trade package for Garett Bolles is as ambitious as it is strategic. The Broncos, amid a reevaluation phase and eyeing draft capital for a potential quarterback hunt, could find the Packers’ offer—comprising picks No. 25, No. 58, and No. 202—irresistibly aligned with their long-term vision. For Green Bay, acquiring Bolles not only shores up their offensive line but also amplifies their championship aspirations in a fiercely competitive NFC landscape.

Denver’s Rebuilding and Green Bay’s Championship Window
The implications of this trade extend beyond the immediate roster enhancement for the Packers. For Denver, moving Bolles would underscore a commitment to rebuilding, a reality seemingly acknowledged by general manager George Paton and head coach Sean Payton. The latter’s return from a brief retirement is particularly poignant, reflecting a readiness to shepherd the Broncos through a transitional phase, even as the specter of extending the league’s longest active playoff drought looms.
Conversely, for Green Bay, the acquisition of Bolles would be a declarative statement of intent. With memories of their last NFC championship over a decade ago, the Packers appear poised to reassert their dominance, leveraging Bolles’ prowess to protect Love and catalyze their offensive dynamism. In doing so, Green Bay not only challenges the hegemony of teams like Detroit and San Francisco but also reignites their Super Bowl aspirations.

The Road Ahead: Implications of the Trade
As the NFL landscape braces for the ripple effects of this potential trade, the strategic nuances of this move underscore a broader narrative of adaptation and ambition. For the Packers, the pursuit of Bolles is not merely a transaction but a testament to their unwavering commitment to excellence and their belief in Jordan Love’s potential to lead them to the pinnacle of NFL success. Meanwhile, for the Broncos, this trade could mark the beginning of a new chapter, one where draft capital and strategic foresight pave the way for a return to their former glory.

In the high-stakes chess game that is the NFL, the Green Bay Packers and Denver Broncos find themselves at a pivotal juncture. As both teams navigate the complexities of this potential trade, the outcomes could redefine their trajectories for years to come. For the Packers, it’s a bold stride toward reclaiming their place among the NFL’s elite, while for the Broncos, it’s a calculated step in sculpting a competitive future.

Martha’s additional information.
BOLLES AT A GLANCE:
Experience: 8 years
Height: 6-5
Weight: 300 lbs
College: Utah
• A seventh-year left tackle who has started all 82 games played with Denver (2017-22).
• Garnered his first career All-Pro selection and was named to the Associated Press' All-Pro second team in 2020.
• Earned PFWA All-Rookie honors in 2017 after becoming the fifth rookie to start every game at left tackle in Broncos history since starting lineups were tracked beginning in 1968.
• Started all 13 games played at left tackle in his only season at the University of Utah in 2016 after beginning his collegiate career at Snow College.
• Named first-team All-Pac 12 Conference after playing 891 snaps for the Utes during his junior season in 2016.
• Selected by the Broncos in the first round (20th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
24 days ago
When the Packers made a sizeable scheme change before (2009) they moved up into round one and selected a 2nd defensive player. BJ Raji and Clay Matthews III.

Packers received
1st round 26th overall
5th round 162nd overall

Patriots received
2nd round 41st overall
3rd round 73rd overall
3rd round 83rd overall (Jets/ Favre)

Something similar could happen in this draft too.

Packers once again have 2nd round pick 41st overall and two third rounders (88th and 91st) that they could use to get into around the 23rd or 24th spots based on draft value.

I think this is more likely a scenario than trading for a veteran.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (4h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (4h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (9h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (9h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (9h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.