Zero2Cool
20 days ago
Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
20 days ago

Rob Demovsky says people inside Packers organization think Zach Tom is a Pro Bowl RT, All-Pro G and Hall of Fame Center.

WHOA!!! What do you think about this? Personally, I hate moving guys around, but what else is there to chat about? haha

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

We can run some more mock drafts to account for the potential of this position shift. 🤪
20 days ago
if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.
Go Packers!!!!
beast
19 days ago

if we can get a stud right tackle I'd rather move him to left tackle. There are a lot of guys who can play center and very few on a relative basis who can play tackle at a high level.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

What Martha said...

It seems stupid to put your most talented OL player at the least valuable OL position. You want your best guys at the most valuable positions.

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
19 days ago
As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
19 days ago

As someone who wanted ZT moved to C before the start of last season, this type of news delights me. But alas it feels like a predraft smokescreen to get someone like Graham Barton or Jackson-Powers Johnson at #25.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

As a draft guy, this doesn't feel like a draft smokescreen, as you would be doing a smoke screen at one of the most important positions, not Center. Drafting a Center in the 1st round is a surprise on its own, you don't need a smoke screen for that.

In fact, this would probably hurt draft wise, as if your moving Tom to Center, that means you need OT, the more valuable positions more, and more likely to be drafted in the 1st.

Unless maybe you wanted teams to think you're going OL and you have desire of going OL high. But that's assuming the teams will buy the BS to start with...

To me, this seems more like a smokescreen to get the media distracted and off your back, give them some red meat to focus on, shut up and leave you alone...

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
19 days ago
I kind of wonder what they saw through 2023 that made them think, hey, let's move our RT to C. Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

For whatever reason it seems plausible to me to see G and C being interchanged. It even makes sense to bump RG to RT or LG or LT. But going from T to C? Nope. It just doesn't compute.
UserPostedImage
19 days ago

...Granted, that's a lot less crazy than let's make our RT a LT.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Go Packers!!!!
Zero2Cool
18 days ago

Why is that suggestion crazy?!

Our right tackle has had more career starts at left tackle (23) and was all ACC left tackle his senior year.

It would be crazy not to consider the change, especially if we can get a stud left tackle.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I would think the crazy thing is he's got all those LT starts in college and we plunked him in over at RT. I'm solely going off what OL have stated about switching sides and how difficult it is. And that so many fans/coaches think it's simple. I think it was Josh Sitton who said to try wiping your ass with the other hand and that's the kind of adjustment you're dealing with.

You're basically used to doing things with one side of your body predominantly and now you have to train yourself out of those habits and training yourself into new habits. It does happen though. We see it every year with at least one OL somewhere in the league that gets flopped from one side to the other. Then that player gets released a year or so later or asks to be traded so he can play his "natural" position.

You would think that since you learned how to do something one way. And this is literally your job. You would be able to spend an offseason learning the other side. If they are going to move RT to LT, then I would say go into camp with that immediately. Don't let him go as RT and then regular season starts and flip him to LT. I feel a whole offseason simply gives the transition for the player more opportunity for success.
UserPostedImage
beast
18 days ago
I think it's extremely dependent on player. Some player can switch without much trouble, like Bryan Bulaga had no issues.

Other players have a lot of trouble. I think it's very dependent, and if the player is talented enough, I don't see the OT that different, and I'm surprised Zero2Cool didn't go with LG to RT, as that's one we recently saw.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (1h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (5h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (5h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (6h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
45m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.