Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever gotten voted into the ProBowl with a 1:1 TD:INT ratio.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago

It would be interesting to know if anyone has ever gotten voted into the ProBowl with a 1:1 TD:INT ratio.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Heh. Favre did with 22 TDs and 23 INTs before. That year, he was simply spectacular though.

The game has changed so much, even in Favre's career. Passes have gotten shorter and higher percentage. Cornerbacks can't even look at a WR wrong without getting flags. When you hit a QB, you're supposed to apologize and send flowers to his family. Of course I'm exaggerating, but I think you know what I mean.

QB ratings of today blow away the ones of yesteryear for those reasons. You get flagged on everything if you're a defender. So INTs are harder to get. Plus, it's a heck of a lot easier intercepting a 20 yard pass than a five yard pass.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
zombieslayer
15 years ago

In a way......both.
Seems the way he is acting towards his teammates and MGMT the last few years, i'd called that "troubled".
And he will turn 40 this october, and the way he ended this past season, and games in the cold the last few seasons makes it look like if he's not over the hill, he's sure about to start a quick descent.
I know there are some that will give the guy a pass no matter what he does, or how he plays. I myself am just looking at it as if he was any other QB playing for any other team.
If Rex Grossman, or T-Jackson, or any other QB in the NFL put up the numbers Favre did this past year, most people that praise Favre would be ripping the other QB's for sucking.
I get it.......Favre gets a pass because of what he did, not what he is now. He could throw 10 TD's and 30 int's and some would still blindly say he's the greatest. He got voted into the pro bowl this year......who here honestly believe it's because of how he played this past season? It's a popularity contest, and MANY players get in based on the past.
Rodgers outplayed Favre this year. But our defense sucked.

All season i kept hearing how people were blasting Rodgers because "Favre was leading the Jets to the playoffs, and Rodgers wasn't leading the Packers to the playoffs." Then, when Favre failed to lead the Jets to the playoffs with a late season collapse, those people were not heard from again. They just "dissappeared".

Of course these are just my own opinions, and if you don't want to agree with them, thats ok with me.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Cheesey - That's the thing though. Which Favre are you going to get in '09? If you get the first 11 games of '08 Favre, heck, half the teams in the NFL would want him as their starter. If you get the last five games of '08 Favre, he's better than Wrecks, but not that many others.

Then there is another question - was injury a legit excuse? Did Favre suck in those last five games because of his bicep injury? Well, that leads to yet another question - is his career over because of that injury or will he be 100% in '09?

Then there's one more question - whose fault is it that Favre was a loner in the locker room? Is it Favre's? Or Mangini's?

Favre is my favorite player of all-time, but I'm still trying to see things objectively. If his bicep is still bothering him in '09, I hope he calls it quits and doesn't embarrass himself. If he's 100%, I hope he plays another year and the whole year he plays like those first 11 games.

I want to see Favre put his records out of reach. Keep in mind, he set every single one of those records as a Green Bay Packer.

Plus, Favre needs to do things with the rest of his team. Chemistry is VERY important to a team's success.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago

Heh. Favre did with 22 TDs and 23 INTs before. That year, he was simply spectacular though.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

What year was this? I'm totally confused. In what way was he spectacular that year?
UserPostedImage
gotarace
15 years ago
Here ya go Brett experts ....Right from Rex Ryans mouth.....On Brett Favre
I think Brett Favre is a great player I got whiplash watching him go up and down against us I know the kind of talent he has I would guess anyone would want him as their quarterback everything will be looked at sometimes you dont have your best game for whatever reason I know the respect that I have for Favre is great.

Time frame on Favre

Quite honestly I cant tell you that Ill talk to four of five players each day so when I get to F [we'll talk.]
Smart As a Horse
Hung Like Einstein
longtimefan
15 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

What year was this? I'm totally confused. In what way was he spectacular that year?

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Favre's stats that year: 341 of 595 (57.3%) for 4,091 yds (6.9 ypc), 22 TDs, 23 INTs, 35 sacks (for -223 yards), QB rating of 74.7.

I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake for sarcasm.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

In a way......both.
Seems the way he is acting towards his teammates and MGMT the last few years, i'd called that "troubled".
And he will turn 40 this october, and the way he ended this past season, and games in the cold the last few seasons makes it look like if he's not over the hill, he's sure about to start a quick descent.
I know there are some that will give the guy a pass no matter what he does, or how he plays. I myself am just looking at it as if he was any other QB playing for any other team.
If Rex Grossman, or T-Jackson, or any other QB in the NFL put up the numbers Favre did this past year, most people that praise Favre would be ripping the other QB's for sucking.
I get it.......Favre gets a pass because of what he did, not what he is now. He could throw 10 TD's and 30 int's and some would still blindly say he's the greatest. He got voted into the pro bowl this year......who here honestly believe it's because of how he played this past season? It's a popularity contest, and MANY players get in based on the past.
Rodgers outplayed Favre this year. But our defense sucked.

All season i kept hearing how people were blasting Rodgers because "Favre was leading the Jets to the playoffs, and Rodgers wasn't leading the Packers to the playoffs." Then, when Favre failed to lead the Jets to the playoffs with a late season collapse, those people were not heard from again. They just "dissappeared".

Of course these are just my own opinions, and if you don't want to agree with them, thats ok with me.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Cheesey - That's the thing though. Which Favre are you going to get in '09? If you get the first 11 games of '08 Favre, heck, half the teams in the NFL would want him as their starter. If you get the last five games of '08 Favre, he's better than Wrecks, but not that many others.

Then there is another question - was injury a legit excuse? Did Favre suck in those last five games because of his bicep injury? Well, that leads to yet another question - is his career over because of that injury or will he be 100% in '09?

Then there's one more question - whose fault is it that Favre was a loner in the locker room? Is it Favre's? Or Mangini's?

Favre is my favorite player of all-time, but I'm still trying to see things objectively. If his bicep is still bothering him in '09, I hope he calls it quits and doesn't embarrass himself. If he's 100%, I hope he plays another year and the whole year he plays like those first 11 games.

I want to see Favre put his records out of reach. Keep in mind, he set every single one of those records as a Green Bay Packer.

Plus, Favre needs to do things with the rest of his team. Chemistry is VERY important to a team's success.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I would say the chances of getting the "bad Favre" get higher and higher as he gets older.
I don't think you can blame Mangini for Favre being a loner in the locker room. If Favre wanted to hang with his team mates, he would have. Heck, we heard the same types of comments Favre's last few years here. He didn't hang out with the guys, stayed to himself. That doesn't build chemistry with your team mates.
As far as the injury......if it was that bad, he SHOULD have pulled himself out. Otherwise it's being selfish. I mean, he HAD to see that he was playing bad. Of course the coach should have done something about it too. But who wants to be the one to stop Favre's consecutive game streak?

If the injury is that bad, he should get it fixed, or quit.
Like i have said before.......Bart Starr stayed longer then he should have, and was a shell of himself at the end. It was sad to see him like that. I hope Favre is smart enough to know when it's time to walk away. If he goes on the fact that he loves playing, he'll never leave, they will have to force him out. And i don't want to see that happen.
He's STILL one of my all time favorite players too.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
Cheesey - He's an uber-competitor. I fear they might have to drag him off the field to get him off.

Remember that one time when he had a concussion and snuck on the field and threw a TD? Then the Coaches later admitted they didn't even let him on the field and he snuck on and snapped the ball.

That's the type of person Favre is.

My big fear though is that he is done and plays and has a season where he throws 10 TDs and 30 INTs. We'll see though.

As for Starr, too young to remember. All I know of him was he was a perennial losing coach. :(

Nonstop - OK, my bad. He threw 19 TDs and 24 INTs, but led the team to a 9-7 record. That was '93. In '99, he wasn't in the Pro Bowl.

The other Pro Bowlers were Troy Aikman, Bobby Hubert (who?), Phil Simms, and Steve Young. Favre was spectacular that year besides the INTs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago
I know Zombie......and sometimes that works against him. He has to realize he's human. You can't play forever, and if he has to be forced off the field, thats NOT the way i want him to leave.
And the 10 TD 30 INT's type season i think is more of a chance then the other way around.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (3h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (4h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (4h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (7h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (7h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.