25. Miami Dolphins - Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
26. Baltimore Ravens - D.J. Moore, CB, Vanderbilt
27. Indianapolis Colts - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
28. Philadelphis Eagles - Eben Brittion, OT, Arizona
29. New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
30. Tennessee Titans - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
31. Arizona Cardinals - LeSean McCoy, RB, Pittsburgh
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alex Mack, OL, California

Paragraph long explanations for each pick after you click the link.

2009 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 - Fantasy Football Jungle 
Rockmolder
15 years ago
That would be a risky pick and like said in the paragraph itsself, the Packers haven't had that much luck in the 1st round.

On the other side, AJ Hawk was the 'safest player in the draft' and he doesn't produce up to his Nr. 5 overal potential.

Anyway, I'd prefer Raji on that spot, or Ted Thompson has to know something about Harrell that we don't. If we'd go with a rushing LB though, I'd still prefer Brown. He has alot of potential as a real 3-4 LB coming of the edge. We'll just have to watch if either Kampman or Brown can at least cover a bit.

I also still don't like Sanchez going to the 49ers. I know it's the popular pick and one that has a big chance of happening, but still think they should go with Shaun Hill for at least a year. See what he can do if he start the entire season.

In their case, I would go with a WR or a DT most likely. If Raji is there like in this projection, I would take him. If Maclin is still there, I'd go for him aswell.
packer98
15 years ago
no thank you. Harrell had potential too. Maybin way to small right now, but does have potentail. I'd take Brown, Curry if available.
blank
go.pack.go.
15 years ago

I also still don't like Sanchez going to the 49ers. I know it's the popular pick and one that has a big chance of happening, but still think they should go with Shaun Hill for at least a year. See what he can do if he start the entire season.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Just because they select Sanchez doesn't mean he will be a 1st year starter...he can back up Hill until he proves that he's better than Shaun.

Anyway, I just want a good rushing linebacker that can still cover well.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
15 years ago

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Just because they select Sanchez doesn't mean he will be a 1st year starter...he can back up Hill until he proves that he's better than Shaun.

Anyway, I just want a good rushing linebacker that can still cover well.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I know he doesn't have to start directly, but it's still a pretty clear sign that they want to go to a new QB and with Shaun Hill being young, if he does turn out well, it's still a wasted pick and alot of money spent.
porky88
  • porky88
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

no thank you. Harrell had potential too. Maybin way to small right now, but does have potentail. I'd take Brown, Curry if available.

"packer98" wrote:

The likely hood of Curry being there is probably slim to none. I think Brown is definitely in the mix, but the upside on Maybin is obviously better.

Ted Thompson always drafts for potential. Harrell, Rodgers, and in a lot of ways Hawk.

Why would Thompson change up his philosophy?
Dulak
15 years ago
IMO they should take Brace in the 2nd round ... and take a good OLB in the first round ie brown or orakpo. Or jenkins if hes still available.

Just make sure they get a good OLB either via FA suggs? or the draft.
Rockmolder
15 years ago

IMO they should take Brace in the 2nd round ... and take a good OLB in the first round ie brown or orakpo. Or jenkins if hes still available.

Just make sure they get a good OLB either via FA suggs? or the draft.

"Dulak" wrote:

Now ofcourse I can't see how the players are progressing and adapting to the 3-4, but OLB doens't look like one of the biggest needs to me at this point.

Poppinga played some DE this season and is a very well-rounded OLB in a 3-4, I think. Kampman will play OLB and is obviously a great rusher. Chillar, I don't know, he seems to be more of a coverage guy. Hawk might move inside, but I'm pretty sure that Capers and Greene can get some of that college -getting in the backfield- mindset back, which would make him good for an outside LBer. Jeremy Thompson will move to OLB as a pure rusher, I asume.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for depth, but I don't think this is a position we should use such a high 1st rounder for, or Orakpo should fall all the way down to 9 ofcourse.

I'd still like a NT. I know the D-line doesn't have to be made out of huge guys, but I'd like to see something like Pickett - Raji - Jenkins as our starters. That would make quite an impact. Jolly can just move around on all the sides and Jenkins is still quite the pass rusher.

I wouldn't mind taking an OT aswell. There seem to be some great ones in this draft with alot of potential and I don't like the idea of Moll being our regular starter at a tackle spot for instance.
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
How about this as our starting DL.

DE - Jenkins
NT - Pickett/Raji
DE - Pickett/Raji

I think Pickett would do alright at DE. They could switch around sometimes. Or you could probably switch in Brace or Peria Jerry for Raji.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago
I just want a DT drafted to play our NT position which is not vacant on the depth chart but vacant in terms of playing ability, toughness, heart etc etc. Get a rookie guy in who wants to be looked at as the big boy on the field. Let him make a name for himself.
BJ Raji or Peria Jerry.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (3h) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (3h) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (17h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (22h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.