digsthepack
15 years ago
OK...we've addressed some of the overrated players on the roster, how about taking a whack at some of the sleepers on our roster?

DeShawn Wynn: Dude is probably the most talented RB on the roster, but injuries and, to some extent, work ethic and/or a willingness to play through injuries, have slowed his progression. I have heard that he has had a great off-season thus far, and am hoping he takes the ball and runs with it....if you will pardon the pun. Physical, fast, nifty feet, moves the pile.....I like the ingredients.

Desmond Bishop: While not having all the measureables the scouts drool over (too much, I might add), all the kid did was produce on the field during his college career. He has shown flashes of that at times in the pros, and I look for all of it to come together for him this year. He was called the "heart and soul" of a tough Cal defense....and he brings an attitude that reminds me a bit of Wayne Simmons. We need a bad-ass on defense, and he is it.

Josh Sitton: He is our new RT in my opinion. Big, tough, mean and athletically gifted, look for him to set the tone on a re-vamped line. He will be our "Wayne Simmons" type player on offense...a "Frankie Winters" type player, if you will....and defensive players will rue the day they tangle with him.

Alfred Malone: Don't know much about him, but he is big as a mountain, and apparently pretty athletic for such a big guy. Look for him to contribute in a revised rotation on the DL.

And now....your thoughts.
State Motto: "Wisconsin, our serial murderers eat their kill!"
bozz_2006
15 years ago
Fred Bledsoe: as dfosterf has pointed out. an unknown, undrafted FA last year. has put on like 30 pounds since last year. I'm looking for him to contribute.

Josh Sitton: my favorite. I'm looking for big things from him. Big and nasty, just the way i like em....
UserPostedImage
Stevetarded
15 years ago
I am really excited to see these guys play next year

Desmond Bishop
Kampmann as LB
Harrell at DE
Lumpkin
Jermichael Finley
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I'm also ready to see Harrell perform. And Finley has all the necessary ingredients to be a super-star. He was awesome at Texas. Hopefully he can grow into that body and grow into his potential.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
15 years ago
Those are some excellent choices, Digsthe.

My feeling on Wynn is that he screwed up the year prior, paid his dues not only on boards like this, but with the team as well. I had the sense that he had an attitude problem, but that got fixed REAL good by Mike McCarthy and co., to the point of being overly harsh. (He absorbed a probably unfair assignment to IR).

I very much sensed that he "took the cure" last year, and felt further that this is a guy that makes good things happen when the ball is in his hands. In other words, he is forgiven for any past indiscretions in my book.

To me, Bishop is the "anti-Bush". What I mean by that is that I am very leery of Bush whenever he is near the football, admittedly a probably unfair characterization on my part, but shit (bad) "happens" to Bush, and I don't mean in a good way.

Bishop, on the other hand, seems to be the kind of player that shit happens to in a good way. Again, probably as charitable to him as unfair to Bush...It's like a sixth-sense karma thing that is difficult to nail down with either stats or even objectivity.

Josh Sitton is what I wish we had started out with three years ago, or I guess four years ago.

Alfred Malone--- well, I'd interchange Fred Bledsoe into that conversation, because I am really intrigued about the fact that Fred has "expanded" into 3-4 DT size right at the time that we need a DT at the exact height/weight ratio (imo) that he developed into, to the point of being a "prototypical" nose tackle. I'll leave Alfred for the rest of you, as I have not quite developed a strong opinion on him.
DakotaT
15 years ago
Jeremy Thomspon and Jason Hunter - one of these two is going to be a pleasant surprise for us. These guys are undersized to play with their hands down at DE in a 43, but as an OLB in a 34, they are taylor made. I'm wondering if Thompson was in the draft this year instead of coming out early, where he would rate with Orakpo, Everette Brown, and Maybin.

I like Bledsoe, Sitton, and dare I say Bustin!
UserPostedImage
digsthepack
15 years ago
Harrell has showed what he can do when healthy....and as brief as it was, very impressive. He needs to stay healthy, and if he does so, will be a difference maker.

Bush gets a bad break. He is the gunner on coverage units, one guy who consistently gets to the returner, and thus, is also near the ball with his back to it. Bad bounces at inopportune times, more often than not.

Finley excites me as well. Dang...when you think about it, we have a lot of emerging talent on this squad.
warhawk
15 years ago
This is where you get the fruits of your labor thru the draft.

I think Finley was like one of the very youngest guys drafted two years ago so coming in and contributing towards the end of his second year puts him on schedule to really help this season.

I believe Sitton was quitely working his way into contention to start last year when he got hurt.

Thompson was the rare bird that Ted Thompson actually moved up to get and he definately has a better chance now than in the past D.

I think Giocomini will get more PT and they liked how he came on late last year. If it is Oct. before Tausher can play he will be important. I am going to guess they like this kids potential more than Moll and would be kept even if we find an OT in the draft.

I REALLY like Lumpkin. I think this is a football player and he will be very hard to bump off the roster. I think he scraps his way into more carries.

I am anxious to see how Lee progresses. That's the spot on defense guys start off often looking lost out there but if they are good and you stay with them it can pay off. I think rule changes between college and pro's affects this position more than any other and why it takes awhile for them to contribute...if they ever do.

I think there will definately be a couple guys that surprise us in a good way. We have a tendency to place a rookies ability on where they stand at the moment and not on the sliding scale like it should be.
"The train is leaving the station."
digsthepack
15 years ago
Last year WAS Finley's rookie season, I believe.
porky88
15 years ago
I like Jason Hunter to play well at OLB in this scheme.

I also think Josh Sitton finds his way into the starting lineup somehow.

I'm still holding out hope Pat Lee can emerge as a nickel back within the next year or two.

In terms of this season though only Hunter and Sitton stand out to me.
Fan Shout
dhazer (3h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (4h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (4h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (20h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (23h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

34m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.