Rockmolder
15 years ago

Rockmolder, awesome research. It's greatly appreciated!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Np.

I was quite bored and it was either this or watching crap like Tell Sell and The Bold and the Beautifull. I'm glad to be off assistence.

Rodgers is certainly a top 15 QB right now so yeah that would be something I agree with.

He's the best in the division for sure. It's not even close, but overall he's got along ways to go before he's on the level of guys like Ben and Tom Brady. Statements like that are what gives people like DH merit when he says Rodgers is overrated.

I like Matt Ryan as the best young and up and coming QB in the game today. After him, Phillip Rivers is due for a big run once Norv Turner checks out and then I like Rodgers slightly more than Jay Cutler now due to Cutler's clear immaturity issues. That's long-term, but in the big picture, Rodgers is still a work in progress as are the other three I named.

"porky88" wrote:

I always wonder how you rank these guys. A top 15 QB would mean that you think Eli is a better QB at this point? And why do you rank Matt Ryan higher than Rodgers? The receiving corps is going slightly towards Rodgers' side (Although Roddy White is pretty amazing), but they had one of the best running games and a pretty darn good O-line.

Brady, P. Manning, Rivers, Brees etc. I can agree upon that they're better. I could come up with some more, but I don't think I'd get to around 15 players.

Not attacking you, just wondering.
longtimefan
15 years ago

Well LT seeing your putting words into my mouth what else did i say? I never once called him mr 6-10; but i would say his record is 6-10 and i don't see how that was a lie. Btw its funny your trying to say i said this about Brett and that about Brett but i don't think i brought his name up once in this thread. But hey it's nice having you doing my work in this discussion thanks lol. You bring up good points to defend Brett.

"TheEngineer" wrote:

To be fair here, I only recall Packwillbeback calling Rodgers Mr. 6-10 in the Should Brett have?? thread (which LT participated in), not dhazer, though that's not to say he didn't say it either at some other point in time.

"dhazer" wrote:

Fine he didnt say MR 6-10....I over stepped my take on his actual views then..

However he is placing lot of the blame on Rodgers for those 10 losses and we all know it
Pack93z
15 years ago
My thoughts upon Rodgers and the 2009 season..

UserPostedImage
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rockmolder
15 years ago

My thoughts upon Rodgers and the 2019 season..

UserPostedImage

"pack93z" wrote:

You'll still be able to use it then. :p

No, but seriously, I think this thing will go on for quite a while. Only way to get rid of this is by winning a Superbowl in a come from behind TD pass with 0:05 left on the clock.
zombieslayer
15 years ago

If Aaron Rodgers has a lot to improve upon, where does that leave the quarterbacks of the 26 teams who didn't perform to his level? If having the 6th-best quarterback in the league leaves lots of room for improvement (remember, Brett Favre was never once the highest-rated QB in the league), I'll take the need for improvement any day.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Wow. When I read this, I was thinking fo shizzle Nonstop is wrong. Certainly BF was #1 in rating one year. Turns out, Nonstop is indeed correct. BF was #2 in rating in '94,'95, and '96 but was never #1 in rating in his entire career.

However, he was #1 in TDs 4 times ('95,'96,'97,'03), and I've always believed TDs are the most important thing, not rating. But that's just me.

As for Rodgers, last year he was 7th in Completions, 6th in Attempts, 4th in Yards, 4th in TDs, and 6th in Rating, which is pretty impressive, especially considering he was 7th in Sacks because our OL SUCKS. To be fair to Brett, Brett generally played on teams with bad OLs except for the Sherman years. Yes, even when we won the SB, our OL was not top tier by any means.

So this is Joe vs Steve all over again. :lol: People to this day out here in SF still have the Joe vs. Steve fights. Too funny.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Well, this is about Aaron Rodgers.

Who can think of some other interesting facts about Rodgers?

I personally think we should do the same thing with 5:00 on the clock as we did with 2:00 on the clock.

Any takers?

I'd like to have it documented for start of 4th quarter, last 5:00 and last 2:00. Just to put numbers vs numbers.

I'm one of those curious punks who likes to LOOK at stats.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

which is pretty impressive, especially considering he was 7th in Sacks because our OL SUCKS. To be fair to Brett, Brett generally played on teams with bad OLs except for the Sherman years. Yes, even when we won the SB, our OL was not top tier by any means.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Brett had legendary pocket presence, so sack totals really never told how good the O-line was at pass blocking. I don't think our team has exceptional pass blockers, but we're at least above average.

A lot of those sacks have to be on Aaron because he's a young QB. Look at NE....Brady barely got touched in 2007 and Cassell got sacked a bunch. Of course, some blame has to go on the O-line as they were not as good and there were some injuries, but I think most of the blame has to go to the QB.

Almost all young QBs have this issue. Aaron no doubt will become better at getting the ball out faster, finding the hot read, and escaping the pocket.

I really don't consider our team a bad pass blocking unit. That is definitely our strength.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
AARON RODGERS is the topic, oh my gosh people! I should spank you all.
UserPostedImage
wils0646
15 years ago

AARON RODGERS is the topic, oh my gosh people! I should spank you all.

"SlickVision" wrote:

Aaron Rodgers needs to learn to get the ball out faster and escape pocket pressure better. That's what I said in a nutshell about AR.

Please don't spank me.
The Pack Will Be Back.
Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Aaron Rodgers was told to take sacks rather than throw interceptions. This was noted even before the season began. We were expecting him to take more sacks than his predecessor. Why this is a topic for surprise is beyond me.
UserPostedImage