RaiderPride
14 years ago
What is your biggest worry about next season?

I think if I could voice my biggest worry about 2009/10 it would be how fast we start out of the gate.

There have been a great deal of changes made this off season, a new staff, a new system, and coming off a 6-10 year that magnifies it all.

As you know, players and new coaches need time to get on board a new system. There will be mental mistakes, and mistakes over all due to apprehension.

My biggest worry is how fast it comes together and if it does not come fast, how the fans and media will react. I could see some real venom being thrown around, and I hope the players do not lose focus and have doubts if the fans and press do not get immediate results.

It might take this team5 or 6 games to really grasp the changes, and a season is not lost in 5 or 6 games?

I am confident in the changes and they will work, but might need time?

That is my biggest worry...

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Jacob
14 years ago
im actually excited about the defense, my only big worry is the O-line....
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
Run game and the O-line. The run game is huge for what we need to make a successful west coast offense, and if Grant and the O-line can do it, then we have a big shot at the Super Bowl.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
14 years ago

I think if I could voice my biggest worry about 2009/10 it would be how fast we start out of the gate.

There have been a great deal of changes made this off season, a new staff, a new system, and coming off a 6-10 year that magnifies it all.

As you know, players and new coaches need time to get on board a new system. There will be mental mistakes, and mistakes over all due to apprehension.

My biggest worry is how fast it comes together and if it does not come fast, how the fans and media will react. I could see some real venom being thrown around, and I hope the players do not lose focus and have doubts if the fans and press do not get immediate results.

It might take this team5 or 6 games to really grasp the changes, and a season is not lost in 5 or 6 games?

RP

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Great points RP (as usual) the beginning of the season is the main part of the season. Look at the schedule, if we struggle in the 1st 6 games this season will be over. That is the easiest part of the schedule we play 4 teams that had a worse record than us last year. I say if we don't get 4 wins out of there the season is over.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
14 years ago
The O Line.....

I do not know.... Funny as it may sound. It is not my worry.

I am not worried about scoring points. I think the Packers will have a NEW BIG Gun Full Back hitting some people and opening up holes.

Aaron is in his second year as a starter... The W.R. are going to make a great deal happen.

Also, Aaron has proved he is tough as nails.... So if he gets nailed from time to time... by a break down in the O Line... he will bounce up like a super ball.

I can understand where you are coming from though Ninja and Jacob.

RP
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
beast
14 years ago

RP

"dhazer" wrote:

Great points RP (as usual) the beginning of the season is the main part of the season. Look at the schedule, if we struggle in the 1st 6 games this season will be over. That is the easiest part of the schedule we play 4 teams that had a worse record than us last year. I say if we don't get 4 wins out of there the season is over.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

GREAT question RP, I also wanted to add to the points of a fast start is the the Packers play 4 games against other NFC North teams in the first 7 games. I really dislike the schedule having so many NFC North games so early... so if the Packers get off slow then the Packers will be really behind since they don't have those games later to decided their own fate down the road. But their going to have decide the fate of the year early with their play.

I would say me biggest worry is will they stay healthy. After the great start in 07 the Packers got slowed down after injures to DT Cole and DT Jolly which made the whole defense a lot worse and there for the whole team.

In 08 injures to Clifton, Tausher, all of the DEs not named Kampman, Barnett, Bigby, (rumorly) Hawk (which he didn't look like he's self so it could be true) and not enough depth at DT killed the Packers.

I'm not really worried about the OL in the running game because I think Spitz going to C and Wells no longer a starter is going to help that A lot IMO.

I do worry if Clifton and the DL will be able to stay healthy and if someone will step up at RT and P.
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
Right tackle is up there, but until the Packers win a close game, I'll be concerned that something is wrong at least in their head. That when it's close that something just goes off and that they think that they'll lose.

That type of mentality is something that can effect your play and that's going to be a problem if GB can't win a close one.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Right now, this minute. The offensive play calling is my biggest worry. I really feel we are handicapping our team with some of our play calls.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago
To me the defense is actually something I'm not really worried about - I'm actually quite excited about how it will turn out.

I am slightly concerned if we dont choose to man to man covereage with your corner backs thou ... I think we need the man to man to be effective.

I'm not worried about much - I mean its out of my control anyways ...

alls I know is the pack is going to kick some this year. Throw on a O just as good as last year and throw a MUCH upgraded D with MUCH better coaches and we got some winning football games.
DarkaneRules
14 years ago
Penalties... they always worry me...

other than that... I am just excited!!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance