dfosterf
14 years ago
PChatters does an annual "Adopt a player" Everyone chimes in with what they like about a certain player, mostly the new guys. Here is a version,

...But with a major-league twist.

Here is how it works. I will start by picking a member of the Green Bay Packers. It doesn't have to be a player. It can be anyone in the organization. The thing is, it can't be someone I love. It has to be someone that I do not love. The exception being a rook/UDFA/staff person--not in the mainstream like a Jennings or a Driver.

I have to say nice stuff about him or her.

The real twist? The first person to respond to my post...that also wants to play...

Gets to let ME pick who they gotta say nice shit about.

Then when HE posts, he gets to pick what the NEXT person has to has to talk about.

THINK of the possibilities before you respond... For Example, If the OLD MAN were to respond to my post, take a wild-assed-guess who I am going to pick for him to write nice stuff about! :icon_smile:

I think some of the rooks, UDFA's would be good to get in here also...

OK--- I'm starting off.

I am the guy that first started calling him Bustin. I am the guy that first posted the picture of him looking...shall we say, disinterested... I am the guy that first found the link to the story of him showing up to training camp...well, you know (remember, I gotta be nice)

I choose for myself...None other that Justin Harrell.

Some nice bio:

Finished his career at Tennessee with 35 games played, including 25 starts, with 82 tackles (46 solo), 14 stops for loss, four sacks, 21 quarterback pressures, four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, eight deflected passes and two interceptions, returning one for a touchdown
His tremendous value to the defensive line was evident in his absence, as the Vols recorded seven sacks in the three games he played (2.33 per game) and just 10 more sacks in the 10 games he missed (1.0 per game)
Super Sleeper Team selection and preseason All-Southeastern Conference choice by The NFL Draft Report
Began the season with a pair of assisted tackles vs. California (Sept. 2) as defense held RB Marshawn Lynch to 74 yards
Recorded two solo tackles vs. Air Force (Sept. 9), including one for a 1-yard loss, before rupturing his biceps tendon in the third quarter trying to tackle a running back
Was ruled out for the season and surgery was scheduled, but lobbied to postpone the surgery and play one more game, against SEC rival and eventual national champion Florida
With his arm heavily bandaged, started vs. Florida (Sept. 16) and made three tackles for no gain in a 21-20 defeat, coming out of the game periodically in tears and intense pain, but returning as soon as he could
Two of those tackles came against running back and fellow Green Bay draft pick DeShawn Wynn, and chased QB Chris Leak out of the pocket on another play for an eventual 1-yard loss
As a junior in 2005, started all 11 games, shifting to left defensive tackle and earning second-team All-SEC honors from The Associated Press and The NFL Draft Report
Totaled 39 tackles (21 solos) with 2 1/2 sacks and 7 1/2 total stops behind the line of scrimmage
Also intercepted two passes, returning one for a touchdown, and was credited with eight pressures, one forced fumble and three deflected passes
Earned SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week honors in season opener vs. Alabama-Birmingham (Sept. 3), intercepting his first career pass and returning it 29 yards while adding four tackles (three solo)
Made a career-high eight tackles (three solo) at Florida (Sept. 17)
Recorded six tackles (two solo), including two for loss at LSU (Sept. 26), one of them against RB Joseph Addai for a 1-yard loss in the fourth quarter
Notched a half-sack and assisted on another tackle for loss in a span of three plays on the game's opening series vs. Mississippi (Oct. 1)
Posted four solo tackles, including three for loss, vs. South Carolina (Oct. 29)
At Notre Dame (Nov. 5), credited with a pressure and a 1-yard sack of QB Brady Quinn in the fourth quarter. Also had another solo tackle for loss
Vs. Vanderbilt (Nov. 19), batted down a goal-line pass and had a 7-yard sack of QB Jay Cutler

Closed the season at Kentucky (Nov. 26) with four tackles (three solo), an interception returned for a TD, a pass deflection and a forced fumble
Late in the third quarter, deflected and intercepted an attempted rollout pass and returned it 7 yards for the score in runaway 27-8 victory
During sophomore season of 2004, started the team's first 11 games at right defensive tackle before an ankle sprain vs. Kentucky in regular-season finale would limit his play in SEC Championship vs. Auburn
Recovered to earn Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP honors to conclude season, posting three tackles, one sack and a fumble recovery off the bench vs. Texas A&M (Jan. 1)
For the season, registered 26 tackles (17 solo) with 11 pressures, 1 1/2 sacks and 4 1/2 stops for losses
As redshirt freshman in 2003, missed most of spring drills after undergoing right leg surgery and then sat out the team's first five games with a broken right ankle sustained during camp, Aug. 8
Appeared in the team's final eight games, recording 10 tackles (five solo) with a stop for a 4-yard loss, a pass deflection and a pressure
Re-aggravated ankle injury after only one play vs. Miami (Nov. 😎 and saw limited action the rest of the year
Majored in sports management
Personal Back To Top

Given name Justin Tyrell Harrell
Last name is pronounced HAIR-uhl
Born in Martin, Tenn
.Engaged to Barbie Terry
Brother, Jason, played college basketball at Tennessee Tech
Attended Westview High in Martin, Tenn., the same high school Chad Clifton attended
As a senior in 2001, named Tennessee's Class 2A "Mr. Football," adding Prep Football Report and PrepStar All-American honors
Also named West Tennessee's Defensive Player of the Year by the Jackson Sun and earned Class 2A All-State accolades, helping team to a 13-2 record and a state runner-up finish
After his final season, played in the Georgia-Tennessee All-Star Game
.A three-year starter on both offense and defense
During senior season, recorded 72 tackles as a defensive lineman, including 19 for loss, four sacks and eight pass deflections
Added 18 receptions for 354 yards and six touchdowns as a tight end
As a junior, had 61 tackles, including 12 for loss, plus four pass deflections, and caught 21 passes for 291 yards and three scores
Also a three-year starter in basketball, averaged 17 points per game during senior season
During his first pro season, participated in the Brett Favre Celebrity Softball Game and a dinner to benefit the Donald Driver Foundation
Also shared football pointers at local Junior Power Pack clinic
Is involved in the Ronald McDonald house and St. Jude's in Memphis
This past July helped his hometown high school with a football camp
Worked at the Boys and Girls Club in Knoxville
Enjoys fishing and playing video games (naming 'Call of Duty 4' his favorite)
Residence: Martin, Tenn.

I think Justin has been given poor service by his agent. He has to know all the negative publicity he incurs, and it would just seem to me that his agent ought to make Justin more available to the press, etc. during this time of rehabilitation. I would be willing to bet that if we just know a whole lot more about him as a person, got to see the human side of him a bit more...

Maybe we would give the kid a break. Other than the one instance I cannot even mention in this post, all indications are that he is a hard working, dedicated young man, with a strong heart and work ethic. I think I have shit on him too much, mostly for entertainment value, but it just isn't fair, even in jest.

I wish him all the success in the world for both himself, the Green Bay Packers and us.

whew. done. Wasn't even that hard, and took only 5 minutes, including the bio!

Who has the balls to respond to this post...Don't do it if you don't want to play! Unless you just want to comment---but please say so! If you just want to bio a player, we can squeeze that in. PM me, please.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'll bite. Serve me a tasty morsel.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

I'll bite. Serve me a tasty morsel.

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

You aren't a hater, so I get to give you someone we haven't heard much about....

Tyrell Sutton 
dfosterf
14 years ago
Meh
Pack93z
14 years ago
So spoon a player up already for me... game I am.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Ha ha ha ha

You are going to Colledge, sir.
Pack93z
14 years ago

"dfosterf" wrote:

Ha ha ha ha

"pack93z" wrote:

Why you dirty b... :lol:

I gotta be nice eh... hrrrrrrrrrrrm!!!!!!!
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Hey, I never saw the "New Post" notification. I'll dig into Tyrell this afternoon.

Asshole. 😃
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Ha ha ha ha

"dfosterf" wrote:

Why you dirty b... :lol:

I gotta be nice eh... hrrrrrrrrrrrm!!!!!!!

"pack93z" wrote:

The good news is you can preface the nice part by telling us why you have a tough time doing so...

Plus you get to nail the subsequent "fish".
dfosterf
14 years ago

Hey, I never saw the "New Post" notification. I'll dig into Tyrell this afternoon.

Asshole. :D

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Of course I'm an asshole. I also know how to navigate around the friggin' forum...

But that's another story.

Hey, it'll go in the order of who gets their post up first....UNLESS someone says they want either of you and both of your stories are up when he/she does.

Remember, it doesn't have to be a player-- Hell you can make it the Beer/toilet guy, but that would be a toughie.

I think you have a good one, Non.

:tool:
Fan Shout
dhazer (17m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (16h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (21h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (23h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (23h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

52m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.