Rockmolder
14 years ago

I brought up the Packer wrs in reference to people saying the Bears have no wrs, but then again have they had a qb? Our wrs were noones at first and look now one is classified as god on this board so why can't the Bear wrs turn out to be good.

"dhazer" wrote:

You know that that took at least a year of grooming. And even at the start of his second season, he wasn't that great.

Add to that the guy that the took highest was a 3rd rounder, the rest is all lower than that and the only way that Hester will catch more balls is if he puts stick-um on his gloves.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

What does the round drafted in have to do with how good they are? I guess Driver must suck then.

"dhazer" wrote:

So we should trade back in to the 7th round every year then, since the players are just as good there, apparently? :cyclopsani:

What I meant to say is that there's a smaller chance that these guys will succeed. Just name me a few late round receivers that play at such a high level after a year. You may even try two. Or three for that matter. That's how much time it took for Driver to become a productive receiver.

That's all I'm saying, the chance that early round receiver flourish early on is a very slim chace. I think that the chance for (early) success goes down every round.
Dulak
14 years ago
I think kampman will have a double digit sack count as long as he gets his head in the game.

Cutler wont do that well (IMO); bears dont have as good of a line as denver. Let alone their WRs. They got nice TEs thou.
dhazer
14 years ago
I say it will be Davis and Earl Bennett at wrs and a little side note that some might not realize is that Bennett and Cutler played together at Vandy in 2005 and counted for 79 receptions and 876 yards with 9 tds. Just wanted to throw that out there and before you say they have no wrs check at who they actually have and btw Bennett is in his 2nd year.

They will bring in Hester in long situations. Thats just my opinion.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I say it will be Davis and Earl Bennett at wrs and a little side note that some might not realize is that Bennett and Cutler played together at Vandy in 2005 and counted for 79 receptions and 876 yards with 9 tds. Just wanted to throw that out there and before you say they have no wrs check at who they actually have and btw Bennett is in his 2nd year.

They will bring in Hester in long situations. Thats just my opinion.

"dhazer" wrote:

WHAT??!!

Crap! We're doomed!
UserPostedImage
porky88
14 years ago
It's tough to compare. What is a good year for Kampman? I think 10 to 12 sacks. Some may want more.

What is a good year for Cutler? I think 3,500 yards and 20 to 22 touchdowns. I bet half of Bears' fans are expecting more than that.

Personally I think both will do well. If I had to guess who would do better, Cutler gets my vote because he touches the ball more and his impact in Chicago is something new whereas Kampman will continue to have his impact in Green Bay. Nothing is really new. Just the position.
Orygunfan76
14 years ago
Cutler, hands down. I can't say that he has to throw for 4000 yards to be considered successfull. The guy has got the speed elusiveness and arm , revamped o-line and killer Rb and Tight end tandem to succeed. ?'s at WR but then again i am a believer in that a QB can make the WR moreso than the other way around. kampman is my favorite packer and I am pissed that he will not be lined up arm down ready to strike and i think he is and will struggle with the switch. This is a wierd comparison thread.
blank
Orygunfan76
14 years ago

Kampy will have a solid year. He will get double digit sacks.

Cutler will struggle.

Cutler is a punk. Trying to be objective, but these are simply my thoughts. Kampy has one of the best work ethics in the game. Period.

Kampy will generate sacks. Dom knows what he's doing. He's one of the better guys at his role.

Cutler is on a team with a Coach who is a mastermind at D and a complete moron when it comes to O. He will not be used correctly. There is a big drop off at receiver.

Now, don't look at Cutler's yardage count. It means nothing. Look at his total TDs at the end of the season. If I remember correctly, he got 25 last year (which is less than Aaron). Aaron will get a lot more than Cutler in '09. It won't be close. And Cutler will throw a lot more INTs.

Welcome to da Bears, Cutler. By the end of '09, he will be thinking to himself "why the **** did I do that?"

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Sounds more like this is what you hope/want to happen there Zombie, guess we'll know more in February.
blank
Orygunfan76
14 years ago

Well with an open mind I say Cutler will have the better year. I see AK getting maybe 8 sacks this year and Cutler getting like 3800 yards 25 tds. People say Cutler has no wrs but yet did anyone think Jennings was a stud when drafted (i admit i was like who the hell is that) How many wrs on the Packers through the years weren't though to be good but when the star went down the next one stepped up.

AK is going to be ok at OLB but not going to be the stud. Also please remember we play at least 4 teams that are used to scheming against the 3-4 so it won't be a shock to them. That alone will take away some of his stats.

"SlickVision" wrote:

lol what the hell does the Packers WR corp have to do with the Bears WR's?

Bears, one WR, Hester and he's not even that good of a WR! He's a slamdunk KR/PR, that's it.

I think Kampman will either flourish big time or fizzle in the new scheme. I don't see an in between.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Bears TE gets 1,000 and the RB catches for 2,500. I don't see the Bears stretching the field much unless they sacrifice their return game.

"dhazer" wrote:

I could see the Bears TE putting up around 1000 yards but Forte about 500 yards receiving. The Bears couldn't stretch the field before with Orton's weak arm under center, Now that they have arguably the strongest arm in the league to go along with a killer run game they will be able to stretch the field as forte will keep the defenses honest and vice versa. The kick return duties are Daniel Mannings now(I heard Hetsre will only handle punts) and he had the highest average in the league last season. I sure remember the packers players hanging off of him as he ran it past midfield into Packers territory in that second game vs the Bears last season. To be fair hester has only played WR for two seasons and each season has improved now that he has a QB that can throw it over 30 yards I think his game will step up big time.
blank
Fan Shout
dhazer (1h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (2h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (2h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (18h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (21h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
18m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.