Pack93z
14 years ago

As far as the "retarded" poster, i think way too many people are getting upset over something thats not really THAT big of a deal. Be honest, have any of you ever muttered the "R" word when they were ticked off? Or any other slur? Yet we get all huffy when someone posts something like that. Yes, it's in bad taste, and i wouldn't do it. But i also know i have said stuff under my breathe that i would'nt be proud of. And unless your name is Jesus, I bet you ALL have too.
I have seen fat people used as "humor", and yet no one gets all worked up about that. I have been fat for a long time, and i don't sit in front of the TV eatting 5 bags of Doritos every day. But i can laugh at that stuff too. The world is so busy trying to be "PC", they let the REAL issues go by without doing anything about them.
Yeah......it's a rant. But it's how i feel.

"Cheesey" wrote:

Are any of us prefect, absolutely not.

But I think it is a common sense issue that some things shouldn't be fair game to humor in this context. I fail to see the humor in poking fun at someone that is mentally challenged or implying that someone is.

As far as I am concerned I don't like the amount of latitude that is given in the Back Alley, but it has been noted as a free for all and I would rather have the disagreements there than someplace else.

But even there, I firmly believe that some things should be held a little in check... otherwise we are going to start to get comments about Mothers, Sisters or something even further down the nonsense scale and the hurt is going to past what can be undone.

You say PC.. in this case, I think it is common sense and taste.

But that is my opinion.. and how I choose to conduct myself... each to their own in the back alley as the rules are currently.

As far as DD80 vs. Zero.. that is their game.. if they want to play it is the Back Alley's place to contain such a pairing.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dd80forever
14 years ago
I called Zero names in the Back Alley, after he labeled my post the "sniveling bitch" thing. You show me where I've called someone a name OUTSIDE of the back alley without being insulted first.

And Zero you are wrong, I've never bitched about the crap slung at me without someone whining about how disrespectful I am to other member first.

I don't care about people attacking me, it's comical, but don't then turn around and get pissy at me because I did it to someone else.

You don't like my views, I get it, but I'm not tucking my tail between my legs and running away because you think I should or "you've shown me".

I make a football related post and immediately someone counters it, then 5 people chime in with sarcastic comments, which are completely off-topic personal slams that add no substance to the thread. If I did that it would get moved, PM hand-slaps, and 5 people telling me how rude I am.

Alot of you are on some kind of weird power-trip based on censorship or something. I hear how my posts are "stupid" yet the same 4-5 people are there either responding or backing-up the person responding EVERY single time I post something.

If you don't like it DO NOT READ IT or disagree with it with rationale debate. I'm all for it, I enjoy it. You will discredit most things said because it's easier to say "DD hates TT" than to debate things rationally. If your opinion is "I just hate TT" why do you feel the need to respond and tell me that at all, just move on.
blank
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago
DAMN IT BRETT FAVRE AND TED THOMPSON!

NOW WE ARE ARGUING ABOUT WHO MADE FUN OF WHOM ON THE INTERNET!

DAMN YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL! 😛
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I shot a PM off to dd80 and we are throwing things back and forth via PM. It will be discussed and resolved that way, not publicly for others to twist words around.

I don't have the time to deal with this 'he said she said' crap. I know what was said. If some don't trust or believe me, I really do not care. I know I'm not innocent in this and thus I have started talking to dd80 directly to get a common understanding of where each is at. In hopes to avoid the public lashing like little kids on the forum. I don't want to read it, nor does anyone else.

So in regards to himself and I and the drama, keep your nose out of it or PM me about it. That's all I'm saying about it.

The real issue here is what the hell happened to Ninja's post? I want to know and I want to know as soon as possible! I have a guess and if that is true, I'm extremely pissed off about it.
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago

I shot a PM off to dd80 and we are throwing things back and forth via PM. It will be discussed and resolved that way, not publicly for others to twist words around.

I don't have the time to deal with this 'he said she said' crap. I know what was said. If some don't trust or believe me, I really do not care. I know I'm not innocent in this and thus I have started talking to dd80 directly to get a common understanding of where each is at. In hopes to avoid the public lashing like little kids on the forum. I don't want to read it, nor does anyone else.

So in regards to himself and I and the drama, keep your nose out of it or PM me about it. That's all I'm saying about it.

The real issue here is what the hell happened to Ninja's post? I want to know and I want to know as soon as possible! I have a guess and if that is true, I'm extremely pissed off about it.

"SlickVision" wrote:

I wrote the post trying to cool everyone off, and NonStop added the photo after I posted it. If that is the post you're referring to.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
:cussing:

I apologize for that The Green Ninja. That was uncalled for and unacceptable.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago

As far as the "retarded" poster, i think way too many people are getting upset over something thats not really THAT big of a deal. Be honest, have any of you ever muttered the "R" word when they were ticked off? Or any other slur? Yet we get all huffy when someone posts something like that. Yes, it's in bad taste, and i wouldn't do it. But i also know i have said stuff under my breathe that i would'nt be proud of. And unless your name is Jesus, I bet you ALL have too.
I have seen fat people used as "humor", and yet no one gets all worked up about that. I have been fat for a long time, and i don't sit in front of the TV eatting 5 bags of Doritos every day. But i can laugh at that stuff too. The world is so busy trying to be "PC", they let the REAL issues go by without doing anything about them.
Yeah......it's a rant. But it's how i feel.

"pack93z" wrote:

Are any of us prefect, absolutely not.

But I think it is a common sense issue that some things shouldn't be fair game to humor in this context. I fail to see the humor in poking fun at someone that is mentally challenged or implying that someone is.

As far as I am concerned I don't like the amount of latitude that is given in the Back Alley, but it has been noted as a free for all and I would rather have the disagreements there than someplace else.

But even there, I firmly believe that some things should be held a little in check... otherwise we are going to start to get comments about Mothers, Sisters or something even further down the nonsense scale and the hurt is going to past what can be undone.

You say PC.. in this case, I think it is common sense and taste.

But that is my opinion.. and how I choose to conduct myself... each to their own in the back alley as the rules are currently.

As far as DD80 vs. Zero.. that is their game.. if they want to play it is the Back Alley's place to contain such a pairing.

"Cheesey" wrote:

If you read it all, you'd see i said it was in poor taste, and that i wouldn't have posted it. I was agreeing with what was said against it.
Heck, i don't even like the extreme stuff said in the back alley. Like you said, it goes way overboard and will only lead to worse things.

ALL i meant was that one person posting something like the poster thing shouldn't make the person condemned, or that the person is a bad person for posting it. Like you said, no one is "prefect" (LOLOL!!!) and i think labeling this a bad place because of one post like that is going overboard in my view.

So....was it wrong? YES
But in the overall scheme of things should a person get the guilotine for it?
I don't think so.

In poor taste? Yes.
But everyone makes mistakes, so it's been taken care of, so why get so worked up?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

In poor taste? Yes.
But everyone makes mistakes, so it's been taken care of, so why get so worked up?

"Cheesey" wrote:

I am far from worked up.. no one mentioned the SOB Belicheck in the thread yet. :lol:

Just stating an opinion that "off-color" type humor shouldn't be easily accepted if it has the least chance so being offensive to anyone that it isn't intended to be directed at... regardless of whom or where it is posted.

All good Cheesey.. all good.

BTW... I make all kinds of fun with my peg-leg.. hopefully that offends no one..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Hey, guys, I admitted to posting the photo when I did it (didn't hide behind my edit button), and I also took responsibility for it above in this thread. I also deleted it promptly when the OP brought it to my attention. It's kind of ironic, actually. I posted that picture very late at night, found myself unable to sleep, and got up to delete it. Turns out this thread had been created. I guess the moral of the story is I should always trust my instincts when it comes to questionable things like this.

Now I'd really appreciate it if this thread got locked (I won't do it myself, for obvious conflict of interest reasons), since it's become another battleground for mudslinging. It really troubles me that I had a part to play in yet another divisive discussion on this site, and I'd like to apologize to everyone here.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago

In poor taste? Yes.

"pack93z" wrote:

I am far from worked up.. no one mentioned the SOB Belicheck in the thread yet. :lol:

Just stating an opinion that "off-color" type humor shouldn't be easily accepted if it has the least chance so being offensive to anyone that it isn't intended to be directed at... regardless of whom or where it is posted.

All good Cheesey.. all good.

BTW... I make all kinds of fun with my peg-leg.. hopefully that offends no one..

"Cheesey" wrote:

LOL!
I know......and i make fun of myself all the time. I learned LONG ago not to take myself too seriously!
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

And Nonstop..........i know some got worked up, but i'm not one of them. I also have posted things that i wished i hadn't. I think MOST of us do that at LEAST once.
We are all only human!
So don't let it keep you up one more night!!!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (5h) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (22h) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (22h) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.