walleye
14 years ago
1. Took her new scarf back to the store because it was too tight.

2. Couldn't learn to water ski because she couldn't find a
lake with a slope.

3. Can't work in a pharmacy because the bottles won't fit
into the typewriter.

4. Got excited because she finished a jigsaw puzzle in 6
months and the box said "2 to 4 years".

5. Was trapped on an escalator for hours when the power
went out.
:microwave: :wickedfart: :physassult:
6. Couldn't call 911 because there was no 11 on any phone
button.

7. When asked what the capital of California was, she
answered "C."
UserPostedImage
Here Fishy Fishy
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Not knocking on you guys. I've seen enough over here to see that this is obviously not a representation of the intellectual level of the US. Still, it is pretty funny. And pretty much in line with your posts.

[youtube]fJuNgBkloFE[/youtube]

Don't want to hi-jack your post, just adding to it. Pretty good stuff.
Formo
14 years ago

Not knocking on you guys. I've seen enough over here to see that this is obviously not a representation of the intellectual level of the US. Still, it is pretty funny. And pretty much in line with your posts.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I promise you..

Those people shown, are the dumbest people they ran across. They simply edited out the non-funny/non-rediculously stupid people, and kept the mentally challenged. To make a funny.

I know you aren't knocking us.. but it's crap like that video that continues to give the US as a whole a bad worldwide rap. Because, there are people world wide that will see something like that, and immediately stereotype the average American to be something like that video.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"Formo" wrote:

I promise you..

Those people shown, are the dumbest people they ran across. They simply edited out the non-funny/non-rediculously stupid people, and kept the mentally challenged. To make a funny.

I know you aren't knocking us.. but it's crap like that video that continues to give the US as a whole a bad worldwide rap. Because, there are people world wide that will see something like that, and immediately stereotype the average American to be something like that video.

"Rockmolder" wrote:

I think that that says enough about their intelligence as well, though, usually. I think that there are enough people who think like that, but I asume that it's the other way around as well. I asume that a lot of Americans think that the middle east is made up out of backwards idiots.

Again, not knocking on you as a people. It's going on here as well. There are people who have all kinds of these stereotypes ready.
vikesrule
14 years ago
Formo, my purple amigo, there is one basic premise when dealing with the Dutch folks.....

A Hollander is always right and thinks he knows it.

With this in mind it is very easy to cope with all Hollanders.
If you ever get in an argument with a Hollander, tell him he was absolutely right and that you now realize how wrong you were.

Now he will go crazy: Since you're a foreigner, you can never be right. You agree with him, therefore he couldn't be right.

Impossible. He's a Hollander. But....then.....he

Now is the time to take a step back and observe how the Hollander will try to strangle himself with a tulip.

:sign5:
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Formo, my purple amigo, there is one basic premise when dealing with the Dutch folks.....

A Hollander is always right and thinks he knows it.

With this in mind it is very easy to cope with all Hollanders.
If you ever get in an argument with a Hollander, tell him he was absolutely right and that you now realize how wrong you were.

Now he will go crazy: Since you're a foreigner, you can never be right. You agree with him, therefore he couldn't be right.

Impossible. He's a Hollander. But....then.....he

Now is the time to take a step back and observe how the Hollander will try to strangle himself with a tulip.

:sign5:

"vikesrule" wrote:

In most languages, including English, the term "Holland" is used as a synonym for the Netherlands. Calling the Netherlands "Holland" when speaking to Dutch people may cause a discussion about what Holland actually is, but in the west will rarely cause them to be offended. Remember that Holland is a region in the Netherlands, consisting of 2 (out of 12) provinces (North Holland and South Holland). Bear in mind that people living in the far north, east or south of the country may take offense if they are referred to as "Hollanders". On the other hand, the Dutch tourist office promotes the country abroad as "Holland".

Link 

Sorry, I couldn't help myself there.

Anyway, you are right, we are a pretty arrogant bunch of people.

I don't know how you came up with all that in such a short amount of time though. +1 anyway.
vikesrule
14 years ago
Hey Rock, is it true that you guys are so cheap that copper wire was invented by two Dutch guys fighting over a penny? :icon_smile:
Rockmolder
14 years ago

Hey Rock, is it true that you guys are so cheap that copper wire was invented by two Dutch guys fighting over a penny? :icon_smile:

"vikesrule" wrote:

I see that you have had contact with the Dutch before. Have any stories to share here? I'd be quite interested.
IronMan
14 years ago

"vikesrule" wrote:

LOL
zombieslayer
14 years ago
The Dutch and the Germans are the smartest people in Europe. By far. They're the only two countries in Europe who are still inventing things. The Japanese of course are ahead of both of them and we're smoking all of them, and winning most of the Nobel Prizes as well. So the weird thing about America is the average American may not be that smart, but we got the best of the best.

I got in an argument with someone in my dorm who was convinced Los Angeles was the capital of California. I knew a lot of folks who were even dumber than she was, but the only reason I remembered her is before that argument, I thought she was cute. That killed that.

Now, in defense of these people, it's not easy to be all smart in front of a camera. I panicked during a spelling bee (which was filmed) and couldn't spell a simple word I knew.

The other thing is when he asked "what country begins with a U," I immediately thought of Uganda but the United States of America slipped my mind. Why? Because I'm so used to calling this country America, which is technically incorrect, but it's something that a lot of us do so I got used to it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (3h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (3h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (4h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (7h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (7h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.