Cuz481
  • Cuz481
  • Registered Topic Starter
14 years ago
http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-sports-blog/2009/06/25/green-bay-packers-nfl-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-football/ 

I think he's pretty accurate on his analysis of the team and the rest of the division. I don't know how credible he is but it's nice to see right now.
blank
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
what did he say?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

what did he say?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

He poked a little fun at those behind the Websense wall.. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
14 years ago
I made sure to add my comment in. 😃
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

The Green Bay Packers will win the NFC North.

OK, its early, but thats the feeling I have.

Call me a homer, if you want. (Ive been a Packers fan since Green Bay lost to Steve Young and the San Francisco 49ers in the Jerry Rice fumble/non-fumble playoff game).

Sure, the Minnesota Vikings might be a hot pick, especially if (when?) Brett Favre signs with them. They have a strong offensive line, one of the best tackle tandems in the league, one of the top defensive ends, arguably the No. 1 running back, a decent receiving corpswhat isnt there to like?

Peterson has had injury problems in the past, though, they could be missing their tackles (Kevin Williams and Pat Williams) for the first four games of the year, and how much does Favre really have left if he does come back? He wont be asked to win games, but he sure didnt look great at the tail end of last year.

What is there to like with Green Bay then?

Aaron Rodgers should be given a longer leash this year. Some felt he held himself back to be more of a system quarterback instead of letting his own personality take over. He was the anti-Favre, so to speak. This A-Rod makes good decisions, and he has enough arm strength to make all the throws hes asked to do. He also answered the injury question by playing through a shoulder injury last year and making some impressive throws
aaron-rodgers-391x213-20090323a

Aaron Rodgers will have more freedom to take over

Much was made of his inability to win a game in the fourth quarter last year, but that falls as much on the defense as it does on Rodgers. The defense couldnt hold a late lead against the Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings (twice, though one is on Mason Crosby), Carolina Panthers, Chicago Bears and Houston Texans.

The Packers have the best receiving corps in the division, maybe even the conference. They have a solid running back (Ryan Grant) and another who I feel should be better this year than in the past two (Brandon Jackson).

Their switch to a 3-4 defensive alignment is an obvious obstacle; I dont feel it will be that bad, though. They plan on mixing in both 3-4 and 4-3 packages so they wont be making the switch fullstop. They have a safety (Anthony Smith) with experience to help the younger guys (Nick Collins and Atari Bigby) with their duties as playcallers in the defense. They also have a solid linebacking corps, boosted by the addition of Clay Matthews. B.J. Raji and Ryan Pickett (700-plus pounds combined) in the middle of the field should occupy plenty of blockers when they are on the field together, too.

In addition, any struggles likely would come in the first half as they are sorting out any problems on defense. Well, their first game comes against the Chicago Bears (not exactly an offensive powerhouse, even with Jay Cutler behind center); the next against the mighty Cincinnati Bengals and then the St. Louis Rams.

They have a big test against Minnesota (Im already sick of hearing the Rodgers vs. Favre storylines leading into that one) in Week 4, but then they have two weeks to prepare for the Detroit Lions (shudder) and the Cleveland Browns. By then, I expect most of their problems in the shift to be worked out, at least the major ones.

Lets not forget, either, they have one of the top cornerback tandems in the league (though Al Harris might struggle with the zone; hes a far better man-to-man CB).

It is still way too early to make any firm predictions, but at this point, Im happy with what the Packers have done (or not done). At this point, I think they come away with the division title, but as I said, its still early. What do you think? Vikings? Packers? Bears? Do the Lions have a shot?

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
14 years ago
So if i write on a blog i will be a good source? Seeing this blogger can't get facts straight since when did we lose twice to the vikings? We have the best wr group in the conference gimmie a break i say maybe the 3rd best behind Arizona and New Orleans. But i guess it's nice to see a Packer fan is picking his team to win the division :p

I got a kick out of him with his expert opinion specially about the Lions and his shudder he must have forgotten the Lions were beating us last year till late picks cost them the game. The Bengals have back a healthy Palmer and the Browns wiped out the Giants last year so you can't take anyone lightly.

But he atleast admits he has his homer glasses on.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

So if i write on a blog i will be a good source? Seeing this blogger can't get facts straight since when did we lose twice to the vikings? We have the best wr group in the conference gimmie a break i say maybe the 3rd best behind Arizona and New Orleans. But i guess it's nice to see a Packer fan is picking his team to win the division :p

I got a kick out of him with his expert opinion specially about the Lions and his shudder he must have forgotten the Lions were beating us last year till late picks cost them the game. The Bengals have back a healthy Palmer and the Browns wiped out the Giants last year so you can't take anyone lightly.

But he atleast admits he has his homer glasses on.

"dhazer" wrote:

Arizona, I agree with. They have two just dominating players and a 3rd stringer who could be a starter on a lot of teams, but the Saints? Can you even tell me who's the starter opposite of Colston? Or are you including TEs and RBs as well? In that case, I'd up them a bit, but Shockey has done nothing in the last couple of years and Bush is nothign more than a receiver, you'd think that defenses see him like that as well now.

Although I do agree with you. He does have homer glasses on. I'd say that we're the underdogs now. On paper, the Vikings just have a better team to me. More stand-out players, mainly. I think we might surprise some people, though.

The Detroit Lions where trailing us by a small amount after Crosby kicked that FG in. That's when the pick-fest began. We where leading at that point, not the other way around.

The Bengals have a mediocre RB, O-line and everything on defense except for their LBs. They will be better than last year, but I don't think that they're better than us.

The Browns are all over the place. I don't know what expect from them. With their current roster, though, I think we should be able to beat them as well.
TengoJuego
14 years ago

So if i write on a blog i will be a good source?

"dhazer" wrote:

Why so serious?
14 years ago

So if i write on a blog i will be a good source?

"TengoJuego" wrote:

Why so serious?

"dhazer" wrote:

:lol: Do you want to know how I got these Packer tattoos?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Packers
Lions
Vikings
Bears
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (1h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (1h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (2h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (2h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (13h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (15h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (15h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (15h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (15h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (22h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (23h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.