Rockmolder
14 years ago

I know Non......it amazes me how fast they can spend in a day what i could live on for years.
Look at Michael Jackson. They followed him for one day, and he spent over 6 million dollars buying crap. Big vases, paintings, all kinds of non essential junk. I mean, whats the SENSE in that? And they say he was broke, or highly in debt when he died. All he would have had to do was THINK even a LITTLE bit, and he could have left his kids more money then anyone would ever need. Although now his recordings and stuff will make them wealthy anyway.
I just could never undesrstand that lifestyle. Of course i'll never be rich, so i never WILL understand it.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I think that Michael's problems had deeper psychological problems. Same goes for his constant appearance changes and kid-like behavior. He was a great artist, but totally screwed up. Mainly thanks to his own family.

His brothers teasing on him and his appearance (nose) out of jealousy. His dad pushing him to a point where he didn't actually have a childhood. It all adds up.

Drifting off-topic here, though.
Formo
14 years ago
I've seen multiple sources say that McNair was shot twice in the head, and twice in the chest, while the 'girlfriend' had a single gun shot wound in the head.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
djcubez
14 years ago
I woke up this morning to my friend from next door banging on my window. I was pissed and yelled at him to stop until he said he needed to talk to me. I opened the door and learned my other friend was shot to death in front of his house last night returning from summerfest. For those of you who know Milwaukee it was in the Riverwest area. What causes senseless violence like this? Do people realize the power they wield in their hand when they hold a gun? Do they actually comprehend the difference between life and death? Maybe if people weren't led to believe there was an afterlife they'd appreciate the one they have now.

I know gun issues have come up in this forum before and I've always been against the right. However, if my friend had been allowed to carry a weapon and actually had a chance to defend himself maybe the lousy cocksucker excuse for-a-cockroach would've been the one dead.
Trippster
14 years ago

I woke up this morning to my friend from next door banging on my window. I was pissed and yelled at him to stop until he said he needed to talk to me. I opened the door and learned my other friend was shot to death in front of his house last night returning from summerfest. For those of you who know Milwaukee it was in the Riverwest area. What causes senseless violence like this? Do people realize the power they wield in their hand when they hold a gun? Do they actually comprehend the difference between life and death? Maybe if people weren't led to believe there was an afterlife they'd appreciate the one they have now.

I know gun issues have come up in this forum before and I've always been against the right. However, if my friend had been allowed to carry a weapon and actually had a chance to defend himself maybe the lousy cocksucker excuse for-a-cockroach would've been the one dead.

"djcubez" wrote:

DJ,
First and most importantly let me give my condolences, it is especially hard when the death is sudden and for no apparent reason.

One of the most important benefits of religion (and afterlife as pretty much all religions teach) is the presentation of transcending values for all of life. It is where we get most of our value system. Regardless of your current beliefs, I would wager that your values, your parents values, somewhere came from religious beliefs.

if there is no afterlife than what does it matter in the here and now? Without a belief in a supreme being, who is going to hold you and other's accountable for your actions here on earth?

It is precisely the abscence of belief that drives this behavior. Without a God (who sees all) to be accountable to, the only concern is whether or not you are caught by the police. And the chances there are actually quite small.

it all comes down to accountabillity. That is what is lacking in the world. Being accountable to a God (whoever you think he/she is) and hence then being told by your God to be accountable for your actions toward others.

Don't blame religion. Blame the lack of religion.

P.S. and don't bring up the zealots. We all know that is not the essence of religion.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I believe I heard about it on the news.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I couldn't say it any better than Trippster said it.

Something that is not commonly realized -- because hand-wringing liberals decrying the supposed dangers of an armed populace never tell you this -- is that in over 90% of cases in which a firearm is used in self-defense, the weapon is never fired. In fact, in the vast majority of cases, it's not even touched. The mere words "I have a gun" almost always suffice.

Anytime someone is faced with with the merest possibility of assault, the first words that should instinctively fly to their lips should be something along the order of, "BACK OFF, MOTHERFUCKER -- I HAVE A GUN!" regardless of whether it's true or not. More often than not, that will instantly end the incident without further provocation. If necessary, reaching into the pocket will accentuate the effect. Criminals are cowards; they target easy prey. They will slink off into the shadows if a target presents a challenge.

Incidentally, self-defense courses warn women never to scream "HELP!" when a would-be assailant or rapist attacks them, because bystanders avoid cries for help at all costs. Instead, she should scream out "FIRE!" -- because that instantly summons crowds of interested persons.

Human nature sucks.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
14 years ago
DJ....i am SO sorry to hear about your friend.
Today's "me first" attitude is where i think the problem lies. They teach kids they THEY matter, that THEY have RIGHTS. They don't teach mutual respect, and to treat others as they want to be treated. So if you "diss" someone, they feel they have the right to kill you. Trippster's words are 100% right.
Now, i heard on the news that McNair was running around with this woman, had met her family, had the SUV she was driving DUI in both of their names. To me, it's another "you play, you pay" situation. Maybe he wanted out, and she decided to kill him for it. WAY too much of that stuff going on in today's world.
Sad.......very sad.
UserPostedImage
Formo
14 years ago

DJ....i am SO sorry to hear about your friend.
Today's "me first" attitude is where i think the problem lies. They teach kids they THEY matter, that THEY have RIGHTS. They don't teach mutual respect, and to treat others as they want to be treated. So if you "diss" someone, they feel they have the right to kill you. Trippster's words are 100% right.
Now, i heard on the news that McNabb was running around with this woman, had met her family, had the SUV she was driving DUI in both of their names. To me, it's another "you play, you pay" situation. Maybe he wanted out, and she decided to kill him for it. WAY too much of that stuff going on in today's world.
Sad.......very sad.

"Cheesey" wrote:

As far as this post is concerned, McNabb = McNair.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Regardless of whether you agree with his sexual choices or not, you have to admit McNair was just dumb for buying that woman an Escalade, particularly without his wife's knowledge. Hell, I don't even buy a cheeseburger without my wife knowing; I can't imagine making a major purchase like that . . . and for a mistress, no less.

By the way, it's illegal under federal law for someone under the age of 21 to purchase a firearm, and this girl was only 20, so how did she purchase the gun?
UserPostedImage
djcubez
14 years ago

"Trippster" wrote:

DJ,
First and most importantly let me give my condolences, it is especially hard when the death is sudden and for no apparent reason.

One of the most important benefits of religion (and afterlife as pretty much all religions teach) is the presentation of transcending values for all of life. It is where we get most of our value system. Regardless of your current beliefs, I would wager that your values, your parents values, somewhere came from religious beliefs.

if there is no afterlife than what does it matter in the here and now? Without a belief in a supreme being, who is going to hold you and other's accountable for your actions here on earth?

It is precisely the abscence of belief that drives this behavior. Without a God (who sees all) to be accountable to, the only concern is whether or not you are caught by the police. And the chances there are actually quite small.

it all comes down to accountabillity. That is what is lacking in the world. Being accountable to a God (whoever you think he/she is) and hence then being told by your God to be accountable for your actions toward others.

Don't blame religion. Blame the lack of religion.

P.S. and don't bring up the zealots. We all know that is not the essence of religion.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I believe I heard about it on the news.

"djcubez" wrote:

Yea his name was Nathan J. Potter, 21 years old, so much to live for. I'm sorry if my post came off as blaming religious organizations, I love that people actually have faith in something and choose to respect other people. I just don't understand people that lack the ability to see another humans life as equal to their own and the worst part about it is is there's nothing I can really do.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/50013952.html  it's sad to read these headlines everyday but even worse that I can actually hear my friends voice screaming "help me! help me!" in my head.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Their failure to appreciate life has nothing to do with their religion. They merely use their religion as an excuse to justify their own pre-existing bigotry.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (19h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.