dfosterf
14 years ago
Johnny Jolly's legal trouble JS Online 

Not good at all.

This is equal time for the Williams' wall court case thread.
DGB454
14 years ago
Too bad.... I like Jolly but if he is convicted I don't see him sticking around the Packers long even if he only gets probation. Trouble is never welcome in the Green Bay locker room.
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Go Jolly Go!

He'll be fine. He can do it!
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
14 years ago
I'm basically at the point where I feel that it is a foregone conclusion that Jolly will be released. What really chaps my ass is the other foregone conclusion that I've come to; that he'll be a Viking about 45 seconds after the Packers release him.
UserPostedImage
RaiderPride
14 years ago
The Packers warned him about going home, and hanging with the boy's from the very bad part of Houston.

Jolly did not listen to people in the Packers Organization who obviously were sincere in their concern. He also did not listen to the life coaches at his NFL rookie introduction class.

Even if he slides and is acquitted, if I were Ted I would can his ass, and who cares if he is signed by a NFC North team.

I am not being a hard ass... If he was Nine years old and did not take heed, fine. If he was Nineteen years old and did not take heed, fine. However, he is now a man, and a man who disrespects the advice of the historic history of building champions that the Green Bay Packers are deserves to be thrown out of the locker room, and land on his empty head.

Even if he is innocent, he was shitting on the advice that many people who wanted the best for him, gave him. And he was where he should not have been.

Cut ties with every one who is not convicted to follow, the plan.

The Vikings can have him.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Greg C.
14 years ago
Even if he is innocent of the charges, he has obviously made some bad decisions. But he doesn't seem to regret anything. I think the Packers should see what happens in the trial, then trade him or release him, unless he is somehow a lot more innocent than he looks.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago

The Packers warned him about going home, and hanging with the boy's from the very bad part of Houston.

Jolly did not listen to people in the Packers Organization who obviously were sincere in their concern. He also did not listen to the life coaches at his NFL rookie introduction class.

Even if he slides and is acquitted, if I were Ted I would can his ass, and who cares if he is signed by a NFC North team.

I am not being a hard ass... If he was Nine years old and did not take heed, fine. If he was Nineteen years old and did not take heed, fine. However, he is now a man, and a man who disrespects the advice of the historic history of building champions that the Green Bay Packers are deserves to be thrown out of the locker room, and land on his empty head.

Even if he is innocent, he was shitting on the advice that many people who wanted the best for him, gave him. And he was where he should not have been.

Cut ties with every one who is not convicted to follow, the plan.

The Vikings can have him.

"RaiderPride" wrote:

Harsh, but I'm not disagreeing with you, either. It got me to wondering why it seems that so many Vikings fans (it sure seems this way to me) are so knee-jerk protective of their players...regardless of what happens.

I think about (Was it Wilf or Chilly?) this past off-season that made that "list?" I know I'm not the only one (I hope) that remembers it. You know, where they said they had eliminated like half a bazillion players from their "board" in the draft due to character concerns?

What a pile of bovine scatology.

The first guy they picked was Percy Harvin, for cripes sake. I have nothing against Percy, and I wish him well, but do you think that for one moment the Vikes fans are even reflecting upon the apparent departure from what was said?

Hell no.

Now I wear my green and gold goggles just as much as the next guy, but at least I can see a little bit out of them. Those purple goggles must be awfully dark... Then I got to remembering an article posted quite awhile ago, and perhaps have found my answer. Sorry, no link, but I did find the article.

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

"Early Wednesday, I started making a list of all the bizarre, you-only-see-this-once bits of drama I covered during nine seasons on the Minnesota Vikings beat.

Former Vikings WR Randy Moss caught some heat for "mooning" the Lambeau Field crowd.
There was Randy Moss nudging a traffic cop with his car, which was later found to have marijuana in the ash tray.

Onterrio Smith and the Whizzinator.

Dennis Green agreeing to a contract buyout, running practice, and then announcing his departure during his daily media briefing in 2001.

Koren Robinson driving 110 miles per hour down a state highway to make training camp curfew.

Moss "mooning" Lambeau Field during a 2005 playoff game.

Moss declaring a few days later that he would pay the resulting fine with "straight cash," and suggesting that next time he would shake a different body part in front of the crowd.

The Vikings missing their turn in the first round of the 2003 draft.

Personnel director Fran Foley getting fired in 2006 after three months on the job; he had exaggerated his resume and threatened staffers with a "bloodbath" after the draft.

The more time I spent with the list, the more I realized how historically insignificant the suspensions of Pat Williams and Kevin Williams actually were in Vikings off-field lore. It seemed to be standard stuff relative to this franchise.

Until, of course, a Minnesota judge took the unprecedented action Wednesday night of temporarily lifting their suspensions pending further hearings on the topic.

The NFL plans an immediate appeal, and it's conceivable both players will be "re-suspended" as early as Thursday. But as we sit here Wednesday night, about 85 hours before the Vikings' game Sunday at Detroit, no one has any idea what will happen next. Will the NFL's steroid policy be voided? Will the move ultimately force the players to miss a playoff game? Who knows?

This is the type of chaotic sideshow we've never seen in these parts.

Oh, wait. There was the time Mike Tice found out that his contract was set to expire during the 2004 season because of a clerical error. The mistake forced then-owner Red McCombs to pick up his option for 2005 amid rumors he wanted to fire Tice and hire a new coach.

It's rare that a team in the playoff chase must deal with such off-field distractions. Except for the time in 2004 when Moss walked off Washington's FedEx Field prior to the end of a one-score game. Center Matt Birk went after him in the locker room afterwards. Later that day, the Vikings earned a wild-card bid.

You couldn't come up with a story like this if you tried. Two All-Pro players going to court to take down the NFL's steroid abuse policy? Come on. It's almost like a bunch of players deciding to, I don't know, rent some boats on Lake Minnetonka, fly in some out-of-state strippers and have a party.

Oh wait, that's what happened on the Love Boat in 2005.

Birk, a St. Paul native, complained a few days later that the out-of-state invite list was an "insult to Minnesota strippers." For that smart-aleck remark, Birk went nose-to-nose with quarterback Daunte Culpepper and linebacker Keith Newman in what turned out to be heated locker room confrontation.

Ah, we don't mean to make light of the situation. The reputation of two players, not to mention about $1.5 million in salary, is at stake here. Nothing evil happened, right? Just two players trying to make weight. It's not like they were caught in a compromising situation with a naked woman in a downtown stairwell or something.

That was safety Dwight Smith. August, 2006. Remember?"

Essentially, if the fans were not supremely skilled at rationalizing the weird and stupid shit their team and players do...

They would have no one left to cheer for if they didn't.
RaiderPride
14 years ago

What a pile of bovine scatolog

"dfosterf" wrote:

Perfect.... You are my new lexicon hero.

+1
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
RainX
14 years ago
Was Jolly being a dumbass by hanging out in that car? No doubt. Dude should have known better, especially after the organization warned him of what was at stake.

That being said however, I seriously hope the Packers don't jump the gun and release a guy who could help this football team win this season.

I imagine Jolly's attorneys will have this trial long and done with before the start of camp. Since it's his first offense, even if convicted, he's probably looking at probation for some period of time and some form of suspension. Now a suspension would not affect his ability to participate in training camp. Only his availability in the regular season.

The Packers have taken on guys with character issues before. Koren Robinson was pretty much on his last chance with the Packers coming off a one year NFL suspension, and so far to this point, while he's no longer on an NFL team, he's kept his nose clean and hasn't re-offended.

I'm looking at the depth we have on the interior of the line, you've got some beef up front with Pickett, Raji, and Jenkins. But behind those guys, if you cut ties with Jolly, you've got an injury prone Harrell, Michael Montgomery who probably isn't stout enough to play 3-4 DE, and some other young rookies and second year players who you really aren't all that sure of at this stage of their careers as to whether the could step up and start if someone like Jenkins or Pickett would go down for any significant amount of time.

Jolly is entering the final year of a pretty affordable rookie deal. If his character issues persist throughout this year, you can let him walk after the season is over and then draft a replacement next year. Hopefully the front office will sit back and see how the trial plays out and what punishment would be handed down from Goodell if he's found guilty. Depth was a big issue as part of the team's defensive collapse last season, and losing a guy who has basically been a starter and/or 1st line rotational guy on the interior of our line would be a pretty big blow to our chances this season.
blank
dfosterf
14 years ago
R.P.

Man, I wish I could take credit for that phrase "bovine scatology", but if I did I would feel as guilty as when I found that fifty dolla bill in my yard about a week ago.

Nonstopdrivel would immediately correct the record, but he is [strike]off playing war with the doggies[/strike] serving his reserve duty with the U.S. Army.

The etymological source for that phrase comes to us from a briefing given by General H. Norman Schwartzkopf of the U.S. Army during the first gulf war. I couldn't find the briefing just this moment, but will continue to look for it...he was well worth listening to.

There was a small temptation to just let your accolade stand, and I do appreciate the compliment, but to do so would only "add to the pile" in question were I to do so.

:thumbleft:

Edit:

I couldn't find the briefing, but I did find a true pearl that is certainly worth investing the 25 seconds. The man had a way with words. :salute:

[youtube]-U3_xMjcYwY[/youtube]

On the subject at hand, another article from JSOnline

JSOnline Codeine abuse in Houston 
Fan Shout
TheKanataThrilla (31m) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (34m) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (16h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (19h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (20h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (23h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (23h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.