MontanaBob
14 years ago
My neighbor a few houses away is retired also, single, opinionated, loud quick witted, and pretty much a fun guy like me. He's a big Colts fan and Yankees fan and never ceases to get on my case (jokingly) about the Packers and especially the Favre Fiasco.

So, last evening he's outside and yells over. "Hey Packer loser, Ya gonna get a Favre Vikings Jersey?"

"No way," I reply

"I'll get you one and if you wear it for one whole day, I'll get you a case of any kind of beer you want."

"I gotta think about that."

"You got till noon tomorrow (today now) to let me know and I'll order one. Whatta ya wear, extra large?"

So............I've got three hours to decide. Damn, decisions, decisions. On the one hand free beer is free beer and on the other hand ...a Favre Vikings Jersey?
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Pack93z
14 years ago
I will gladly buy my own case of beer instead of wearing purple.. only way I wear the color is if I lost a freaking bet.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I couldn't have said it any better than that.
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
14 years ago
tell him only if he would wear a Brady Jersey and a Red Sox jersey
dfosterf
14 years ago
It is exchanges just like that across our boundaries that have caused the massive escalation of fireworks purchases in my neighborhood.

I don't know if you guys ever read what I said on this subject, but suffice to say that any additional smack talk amongst any of us here will invariably cause at least one of us to make an additional trip to Maryland to pick up yet another case of pyrotechnics for the football season.

We got the Eagles, Packers and Steelers represented by the neighborhood equivalent of "Nuclear Powers" . Unfortunately, we are not applying MAD principles yet...I suspect they will have to in fact be selling nuclear-tipped fireworks in order to de-escalate my neighborhood...or of course one of the wives of said three maniacs putting her foot down, whichever comes first.

It is war, here. We had a crappy fourth, largely due to yours truly husbanding his firepower for the upcoming season...my wife was getting pissed when I was taking fireworks out of the boxes and hiding them in the closets mid-display.

I repeat, it is war here, ladies and gentlemen. I really strongly suspect that the most likely scenario is that it will continue to spiral out of control until one of us burns the other neighbor's house down with our directional use of said fireworks.

I'm betting it's my Eagles neighbor that gets to watch his home go up in flames. I'm not speaking just of his football team either. He hasn't even built his mortar pit for the fireworks yet, and last year his was non-directional... he never came within a foot of my roof, if you can believe it...That with my team at 6-10 and under heavy bombardment.(unless he has gone incognito, which is a very good possibility)

I have the grid coordinates, azimuths and deflection on both of these guys family rooms for the upcoming season. :thumbleft:

(We started out this whole thing with one bottle rocket lit off at an inopportune time for one of us...one)

I strongly recommend taking the jersey and beer...for now. I will give you an update on the available arsenal / weaponry should the opportunity for a one -time pre-emptive strike capability become available in the future.
vikesrule
14 years ago

..only way I wear the color is if I lost a freaking bet.. lol.

"pack93z" wrote:

So 93z, has that ever happened to you? :pottytrain2:
(going to happen a lot this year.....if you have the cojones again! )

Gotta go with 93z here on this one. The thoughts and sights of Favre in purple still make me want to puke.

But, I'll be happy to get ya a Purple Peterson or Winfield jersey, Bob
:thumbright:
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
The bright side of this issue is you might not have to endure it long. Perhaps he'll go down in week 4 or 6 and T-Jax will ride in to save the day.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago

..only way I wear the color is if I lost a freaking bet.. lol.

"vikesrule" wrote:

So 93z, has that ever happened to you? :pottytrain2:
(going to happen a lot this year.....if you have the cojones again! )

"pack93z" wrote:

As always I am game.. I have complete and utter faith in the Packers.

Hell I have taken this bet into your lands of the PPO.. and have caused more of your fellow Norseman to be wearing the Green and Gold in some fashion... even the diehard C MAC D fell prey.. vikingvan wore the gravedigger jersey on a game day in a Viking bar.. BTW.. never got my jersey back.. lol.

I think we personally between you and I.. up the ante a bit this season.. loser of the game in lambeau.. the other sends the losing end a custom printed hat of choice in which the loser must post a picture with said hat on.

Something along the lines of "Owned by Pack93z yet again" .. :lol:
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vegOmatic
14 years ago
You do and then throw the empties in his yard. 😃
blank
MontanaBob
14 years ago
That's what I was thinking, Vego. Hell, a free jersey and a free case of beer??? What more could I ask for? It's only one day and I CAN wear a Packer sweatshirt over it. That would be ok, wouldn't it. I mean, I am wearing the Favre jersey. Only under the Packer shirt.

Pack93z.....I've already got him wearing a Brewers hat on a bet last year that the Brew Crew would make the wild card. I think he kind of likes it......the old Brewers hat and colors from the 80's.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (10h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (16h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (17h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (17h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (20h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (20h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (20h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (21h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (21h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.