longtimefan
14 years ago
look at it 

You know the drill by now. It's time to recap some winners and losers from Week 3 of the preseason. While the games don't count, the perceptions sure do.....

WINNER -- If there's one NFL team that's thrilled to see September finally arrive, it's the Green Bay Packers, who are finally almost in position to stop wasting such dominating performances on the preseason.

They don't hand out shiny trophies for exhibition games, but if they did, the biggest one would be going to the 3-0 Packers, who were the closest thing in the league to a juggernaut in August.

The perfect record, of course, isn't the important part. The stuff that makes you sit up and take notice is the 38-10 halftime lead at NFC defending champion Arizona on Friday night, when both teams were playing their first-team units, the NFL-best 151.1 passer rating of quarterback Aaron Rodgers, and the whopping plus-10 turnover ratio (also the league's best) compiled by Green Bay's new-look 3-4 defense.

And did we mention that in 12 drives of work, the Packers first-team offense has produced nine touchdowns, one field goal and nary a punt? On defense, Green Bay's first unit has played 12 series and surrendered only 10 points and 15 first downs.

To say that it's all clicking for Green Bay right now is the understatement of the young season, but the best news is the Packers have a great shot to keep their mojo rolling in the first two months of the regular season. In fact, I predict Green Bay will be no worse than 5-1 when November arrives, with a favorable early schedule that starts with back-to-back home games against Chicago and Cincinnati, and is followed by at St. Louis, at Minnesota, a fifth-week bye, then Detroit and at Cleveland.

All the hype in the NFC North so far this year has been centered on the high-profile quarterback changes in Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota. But that's about to change. Green Bay is clearly the team to beat in the division, and the Packers are about to force us to pay attention.

- Fixed quote box.. pack93z
14 years ago
goddammit the thought of this season is giving me such a boner i'm going to cry.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

14 years ago
This hype is gaining avalanche like momentum. I hope the players have their ears plugged and are hungry as shit to start winning games that matter!
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
14 years ago
So much for flying under the radar and taking teams by surprise!!!
:icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Well the secret is out, but I have a feeling The Packers have a lot more to show when the games become important.

I just hope Mike McCarthy lets this offense fire away the whole game and doesn't go into his "safety shell" attack if they have a big lead.

Kapers is a proven D-co-ordinator, who has been successful in turning around defenses very quickly, let''s hope it is the same this year in Green Bay(looks to be so far).

I would love to see The Packers explode out of the gate and make an early statement, but any type of win will do.

5-1 does not seem out of the relm of possibility, just remember, there Aaron Rodgers 16 weeks in a regular season, so if the unthinkable happens and The Packers get off to a slow start, there will be time to get the ship righted.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
14 years ago

goddammit the thought of this season is giving me such a boner i'm going to cry.

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

I think this reporter had more than a boner happen to him. He gets more and more worked up as the article goes on.

Link 

USA Today hopping on the bandwagon: Link 
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Media hacks are pathological bandwagon jumpers. The moment the Packers have a mediocre performance or suffer a loss, they'll be predicting doom and gloom with the same alacrity they now proclaim them a juggernaut.
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
yeah well i'm going to enjoy it for now the same way i love watching guys' eyes follow my girlfriend around, ai'aight?

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Ha, you and me both!
UserPostedImage
Dulak
14 years ago

Ha, you and me both!

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

your gf or his? 🙂
Silentio
14 years ago

"TwinkieGorilla" wrote:

LOL! My thoughts exactly. I cannot WAIT! Damn its exciting.

That number "38-10 at half" versus AZ is the most exciting one. Yes, it's preseason and they may not have game planned much for us. Yes we're showing a lot of our defense early on... but come on 38-10!? If we beat anyone by a margin even approaching that in the first 5 games of the season I'll poop inside my pants.
blank
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (11h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (17h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (19h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (19h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (21h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (21h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (21h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (22h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (22h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.