dfosterf
14 years ago
Jerry Jones gives his two cents 

By Sean Jensen on September 4, 2009 6:47 PM | No Comments | No TrackBacks
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones offered his perspective on the Vikings need for a new stadium.
"Right now, we are subsidizing this market," Jones said of NFL owners. "It's unthinkable to think that you've got the market you got here - 3 million people - and have teams like Kansas City and Green Bay subsidizing the market. That will stop.
"That's going to stop. That's on its way out."
Jones was referring to revenue sharing, which may end after the current Collective Bargaining Agreement expires next year.
Jones challenged leaders in Minnesota to step up and help owners Zygi and Mark Wilf get a new stadium to replace the Metrodome.
"It's going to take leadership," Jones said. "It can't happen unless you've got real public leaders. They really do have to accept and recognize or educate their constituents on just how important it is to the growth of Minnesota."
While owners vote on Super Bowl sites by secret ballot, Jones said he would vote for one in the Twin Cities... if they build a new stadium.
"Yes, I'd want them to have a Super Bowl here, with a new stadium," he said. "I think it would be something that would be very realistic."

When is the last time a Viking fan thanked you for keeping their crummy little organization afloat?

I want a refund.

:thumbleft:
vikesrule
14 years ago

About 2/3 of the NFL's money comes from the TV deal.

The money from the TV contract is share and share alike - the Redskins, Cowboys, Bills, and Packers get identical checks. This money is key to the success of the smaller franchises.

Without the TV contract money, there is simply no way on earth that Green Bay could ever field a competitive team.

dfosterf
14 years ago
This is why some should cling to their day job of riding sentinel over the mushrooms, and plot owners should carefully guard their inventory if the crop is mind-altering.

Normal people know that the Pack is a subsidizing team. They also know that the Queens are leeching off the success of the real football teams, such as the Pack.

Jerry Jones' speech should be a call to arms to examine the viability of disbanding those pretend franchises that drain valuable resources from teams such as the Pack.

If the so-called fanbase in Minnesota is unable to support their (in name only) professional football team on their own...Why should the fanbase of the Pack in Wisconsin do so?

I understand that due to the poor schooling and lack of entrepreneurial skills in Minnesota there is little disposable income to support a second-rate franchise such as the Vikings, but times are tough all over, and the fine folk in Green Bay would find :icon_smile: their hard-earned dollars better used by perhaps upgrading the urinals throughout Lambeau field as contrasted to handing it over to a bunch of ungrateful arrogant pricks such as reside in Minnesota.

Present company excluded, of course. :sign5:

Nice try on the quote. You have sunk so low as to use a forum member's blogpost as a primary source. Looks eerily familiar. Looks like something a guy over at another Packer forum wrote. Interestingly, I happen to know it is something he wrote. He is still learning. I will continue to try and educate him also.
vikesrule
14 years ago
Good Morning Dave, good to that you are up early on this fine Saturday morning.

Just ask yourself, where would I (dfosterf) be without the Minnesota Vikings?

Well, you would not have your life truly blessed by my presence. I would not be here to enhance your otherwise mundane cheesehead existence.
Who else would step in to contain your esoteric cogitations, double-entendres and the exuberance of your own verbosity.

No thanks are necessary, I am just glad that I can provide this small measure of happiness to your life.

You're welcome.

:onfloor:
dfosterf
14 years ago

Good Morning Dave, good to that you are up early on this fine Saturday morning.

Just ask yourself, where would I (dfosterf) be without the Minnesota Vikings?

Well, you would not have your life truly blessed by my presence. I would not be here to enhance your otherwise mundane cheesehead existence.
Who else would step in to contain your esoteric cogitations, double-entendres and the exuberance of your own verbosity.

No thanks are necessary, I am just glad that I can provide this small measure of happiness to your life.

You're welcome.

:onfloor:

"vikesrule" wrote:

TRUTH--

I was just getting ready to type that my neighbor had me come over last night to strike a chalk line for his ceramic project. This is code, along with some joking about not doing tile work without beer, for me to get my lazy butt out of bed and help him this morning.

Hats off for hitting it dead square perfect, Nick. I am impressed, lol

It's tough to out-smack the gnome. I always have this sinking feeling that he is on to me.

+1
vikesrule
14 years ago
I know what you mean Dave.

Takes a Bullshitter to know a Bullshitter!

I've got to run, my son and daughter-in-law are moving into a new house today.

I'm in charge of technical support, i.e. finances, beer and pizza!

+1 to you my friend, have a great day.
Pack93z
14 years ago

"vikesrule" wrote:

We prepping to pour a slab for my garage this weekend.. want to supply technical support here as well. :lol:

As far as Jones goes... he is simply blowing his overgrown bullhorn of a mouth because he just completed his luxury stadium.. talk about a POS ego maniac and complete jackass.

Pointing fingers in the media and scoffing at another franchises struggles.. that is reserved for us fans outside of the media. ;)

Personally.. load Billy the cheat and Jones on a one way shuttle bound for mars and light the friggin thing.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Formo
14 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

We prepping to pour a slab for my garage this weekend.. want to supply technical support here as well. :lol:

As far as Jones goes... he is simply blowing his overgrown bullhorn of a mouth because he just completed his luxury stadium.. talk about a POS ego maniac and complete jackass.

Pointing fingers in the media and scoffing at another franchises struggles.. that is reserved for us fans outside of the media. ;)

Personally.. load Billy the cheat and Jones on a one way shuttle bound for mars and light the friggin thing.

"vikesrule" wrote:

Newsflash!

Associated Press
GREEN BAY, WI - Jerry Jones to replace season ticket holder 'owners' in Green Bay.. Hires Bill Belichick as new head coach.

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Pack93z
14 years ago

Newsflash!

Associated Press
GREEN BAY, WI - Jerry Jones to replace season ticket holder 'owners' in Green Bay.. Hires Bill Belichick as new head coach.

"Formo" wrote:

That happens I burn every virtual bridge I have to the Packers.. I love the team with my heart and soul.. but that would cause me to rip the beast out and boot it into the earth.

Yes that is exactly how much contempt I hold for both them f*#@s.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I could handle Bellicheat as the coach, maybe. Can't say I've put much thought into it.

Jones? He's not worthy of mentioning Packers, hell, not even Vikings out of his misplaced asshole lips.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (2h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (8h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (9h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (9h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (12h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (12h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (12h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (13h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (13h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.