Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Mike Mc Carthy: 

# Has led the Packers to a top-10 ranking in total offense each of his three seasons, one of only three teams to accomplish that from 2006-08.

# Has lead the Packers to a 17-1 record when scoring 30 or more points.

# Has been on Green Bay's coaching staff three of the eight times in team history (1999, 2007, 2008) the offense has produced a 4,000-yard passer.

# Was honored as 2007 'NFL Coach of the Year' by Motorola and NFL Alumni.

# Became the first Packers coach since Vince Lombardi to lead the team to a championship game in his second season, and tied Mike Sherman for the most regular-season wins by a Packers coach in his first two years (21).

# Has worked with a stable of quarterbacks that has combined for 34 Pro Bowl selections, nine Super Bowl starts, and six Most Valuable Player awards.

# Engineered the first season (2008) in Packers history in which the Packers produced a 4,000-yard passer, two 1,000-yard receivers (Greg Jennings, Donald Driver) and a 1,200-yard rusher (Ryan Grant).

UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
That's a pretty nice list, although I always find these stats quite useless.

# Has lead the Packers to a 17-1 record when scoring 30 or more points.

What do you really want to say with that? That we often outscore our opponents if we put up 30 points or more? That looks pretty obvious to me. Same goes for stuff like "The Packers are 5-1 when Grant rusher for more than 160 yards" or "The Packers are 8-0 when Rodgers throws 4 TDs". Of course we are. That number itsself shows that you where dominating the ground game or passing game.

Anyway, this is very impressive. It still doesn't take away that he went way too conservative last year, though. In another thread, Z2C stated that one big part of it was going for 3, playing it safe because our defense couldn't stop anyone. I would do the exact opposite. Stay aggressive and try to outscore your opponents.

I guess it's more of a style thing than it is really right or wrong. Would like to see that changed, though.
dhazer
14 years ago
sounds like he makes a decent o-cord what does this have to do with being a head coach?

# Has worked with a stable of quarterbacks that has combined for 34 Pro Bowl selections, nine Super Bowl starts, and six Most Valuable Player awards.
and what the hell did that have to do with anything its not like he developed them.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
I don't care about those facts.

I want a 17 - 1 POST SEASON record. Then you'll have my interest.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

sounds like he makes a decent o-cord what does this have to do with being a head coach?

and what the hell did that have to do with anything its not like he developed them.

"dhazer" wrote:

He did, mostly. He has beem a QB coach and offensive cordinator before coming to GB as a head coach. He prides himself in developping QBs and has the track record to prove it.
14 years ago
i was back visiting the fam and frenz this past winter and had to lmao when looking at the Shepard Express. there was this little poll where WI'tards were voting "should we get Holmgren back or keep McCarthy?" and i just thought "what the fuck? is everybody in this state suddenly 12 years old?!?"

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

dhazer
14 years ago

"Rockmolder" wrote:

He did, mostly. He has beem a QB coach and offensive cordinator before coming to GB as a head coach. He prides himself in developping QBs and has the track record to prove it.

"dhazer" wrote:

His biggest claim of developing a qb was AAron Brooks in NO and thats not saying much.

now actually i would love to see these qbs that played in 9 super bowls 34 pro bowls and 6 mvps?

hew was in KC from 93-99 they never made the Super Bowl
green bay in 99 and we didnt win it that year
2000 -2005 was in New Orleans No Super Bowls
2005 in SF and they didnt win anything
2006 to present Green Bay and he hasnt won anything.

SO where the hell are all these great qbs?
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago
Groomed Hasselbeck in his rookie year as QB coach (Together with Holmgren, obviously).

Groomed Aaron Rodgers together with his QB coach to the point he is at now.

Developped Rich Gannon who finally started standing out in Kansas City.

Worked with Steve Bono in his best statistical year in Kansas City.

Like you mentioned, Aaron Brooks. He had some very decent statistical years and had a horrible decline in 2005. The year after McCarthy left the Saints.

Anyway, he hasn't been given a whole lot of amazing QBs, but, from what I have seen, he has pushed all of them to their limits.

EDIT: A few of your points, I already reponded to.

Anyway, how much influence do you think a QB coach has over the entire team? You want to blame him for not winning a Super Bowl with the Chiefs or Saints for instance? Given, he was the offensive cordinator in New Orleans, but he had to do his thing wth Aaron Brooks. Like I said, groomed well and pushed to his limit, but not a great QB by any means.

How realistic is it anyway to say that he's a bad HC because he hasn't won a SB yet? Do you consider Jeff Fisher, Raheem Morris, Jack Del Rio etc. bad coaches, untill they win a Super Bowl?
dhazer
14 years ago

Groomed Hasselbeck in his rookie year as QB coach (Together with Holmgren, obviously).

I would say Holmgren groomed Hasselbeck

Groomed Aaron Rodgers together with his QB coach to the point he is at now.

I'll give you Rodgers

Developped Rich Gannon who finally started standing out in Kansas City.

Gannon was in the League for 8 years before he went to KC so i can't give any credit to Mike McCarthy on that.

Worked with Steve Bono in his best statistical year in Kansas City.

Bono was Groomed in San Fran so thats out also

Like you mentioned, Aaron Brooks. He had some very decent statistical years and had a horrible decline in 2005. The year after McCarthy left the Saints.

Anyway, he hasn't been given a whole lot of amazing QBs, but, from what I have seen, he has pushed all of them to their limits.

EDIT: A few of your points, I already reponded to.

Anyway, how much influence do you think a QB coach has over the entire team? You want to blame him for not winning a Super Bowl with the Chiefs or Saints for instance? Given, he was the offensive cordinator in New Orleans, but he had to do his thing wth Aaron Brooks. Like I said, groomed well and pushed to his limit, but not a great QB by any means.

How realistic is it anyway to say that he's a bad HC because he hasn't won a SB yet? Do you consider Jeff Fisher, Raheem Morris, Jack Del Rio etc. bad coaches, untill they win a Super Bowl?

"Rockmolder" wrote:

Im still waiting to find out who these quartebacks are that had the 9 SB starts 36 pro bowls and 6 mvps?
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago

Im still waiting to find out who these quartebacks are that had the 9 SB starts 36 pro bowls and 6 mvps?

"dhazer" wrote:

You are one keen reader.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.