millertime
14 years ago
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml 

Packers work out QBs, WRs
The Packers worked out a pair of quarterbacks and three receivers on Tuesday, according to an NFL source.

The quarterbacks were: Chris Pizzotti of Harvard and Mike Reilly of Central Washington.

Pizzotti was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Jets in May. He was waived on Aug. 15, re-signed on Aug. 21 and waived again on Aug. 30.

Reilly was released at the end of training camp by the Pittsburgh Steelers, who signed him as an undrafted free agent. He began his college career at Washington State before transferring to the Division II school. He was the only Division II QB to be invited to the combine.

The receivers were: Taurus Johnson (South Florida), Derek Kinder (Pitt) and Nate Swift (Nebraska). Johnson was in camp with the Kansas City, Kinder with Chicago and Swift with Denver.

-- Rob Demovsky, rdemovsk@greenbaypressgazette.com
http://twitter.com/RobDemovsky 

I've watched Taurus Johnson a lot (I went to USF). The kid can play. I like him more than Swain, but I guess I'm partial.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/taurus-johnson?id=81835#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis 

Positives: Good height and build for the position. Adequate deep speed. Adequate feet to gain separation. Secure hands for the reception. Generally catches the ball with his hands, but is a cognitive player who knows when he's going to absorb a big hit and will body-catch to protect the ball. Good balance and body control to make the tough reception. A tendency to make the big reception in critical situations. Good agility to make defenders miss in space. Has experience as a returner (20.1-yard kick return average from 2006-2008).

Negatives: Lacks the straight-line speed to challenge deep and with only adequate burst out of his breaks; will struggle to generate separation against NFL caliber cornerbacks. Exposed in this area a bit during practices at the East-West Shrine Game. Slowed with an ankle injury the last half of 2007.

gbguy20
14 years ago
im happy with what he have in our QBs and WRs
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
Well, I guess my question from an earlier thread of whom Thompson would examine to fill the empty slot on the practice squad has been answered. He sure does like to take a look at the unknowns.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
14 years ago
Really, I'd rather we sign a good vet QB, like Todd Bouman if he's out there, rather than another developing QB.

I think we're set at WR, Brett Swain solidified his spot on that fake punt.
This is a placeholder
musccy
14 years ago
it's always good to have someone on speed dial when the inevitable injury comes up, but as Finland said, Swain demonstrated why we selected him over ruvell, and obviously our other 4 are solid.
Pack93z
14 years ago
Practice squad fillers and developmental ideas, I highly doubt any of this are being considered for the 53..
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Dulak
14 years ago
I agree - I am also happy with our QBs and WRers. Not looking for another developing QB; now if we took one with some experience to back up rodgers Im all for that.

What I do think we need is a reliable kick/punt return guy. Ya jordy did alright vs chicago but I think we need a guy like chicago has; someone that is to be feared. I must have heard the word special teams 10,000 times in the past 6 months but we really havnt got a solid fear inspiring return man.

Id also like to grab woodhead from the jets practice squad (as I mentioned in a different thread). This guy can return well and he is a awesome back (similar to sutton but IMO better).
14 years ago
Business as usual. No reason to stop working just because the roster is set and the season is underway.
UserPostedImage
millertime
14 years ago
I wouldn't mind bringing in Mark Jones, he was the PR/KR for the Titans that carved up our S/T during the the preseason. He is a solid KR we could use while Blackmon is hurt. Also, I think Blackmon is now the dime corner on defense. With as much as we run the nickel, might be a good idea to let Blackmon get to full strength!
Pack93z
14 years ago

I wouldn't mind bringing in Mark Jones, he was the PR/KR for the Titans that carved up our S/T during the the preseason. He is a solid KR we could use while Blackmon is hurt. Also, I think Blackmon is now the dime corner on defense. With as much as we run the nickel, might be a good idea to let Blackmon get to full strength!

"millertime" wrote:

Isn't Jones banged up currently? If I remember right that played into him not getting picked up already.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (1h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (1h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (20h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (23h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.