Zero2Cool
14 years ago

I don't wanna hear about your sister, unless you have one over 21 and single, k thx. :)

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I have six sisters. One of them has to be over 21 and single by now. And yes, some of my sisters are hot. :magnifyglass:

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

pics or bs.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago

pics or bs.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

no can do, my friend, but come out to La Crosse, and I'm sure I can find a way to introduce you to her at her place of employment. She looks kinda cute in her McDonalds uniform. lol
UserPostedImage
The_Green_Ninja
14 years ago

Ummm...why is he acknowledging what people were saying about him after that tackle and dance? Was he getting comments from reporters about it in the locker room or something? That entire group of messages doesn't even read like an adult even wrote them. Are we sure that's actually Barnett?

"Tezzy" wrote:

Yeah dude, check his past tweets. Videos and everything.
UserPostedImage
K_Buz
14 years ago
Maybe I'm just being overly critical here...

but doesn't it bother anyone that our players, the ones who are paid millions of dollars are tweeting about useless shit just after an embarrassing loss?

And the fact that Jermichael Finley knows how to tweet but doesn't know how to get set in the hurry up offense is amazing to me. I have VERY little tolerance for Finley. After his comments last year and his game today, I've just about had it with him.
Nonstopdrivel
14 years ago
I'm certainly critical that they're being defensive about their poor performance. If anything, they should be apologizing to the fans, not excusing themselves or pontificating lame platitudes about how true fans should stick with them no matter what.

No, if you suck, you get booed. That's how it works.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
lol apologizing to the fans
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
14 years ago

Touche. My concern is that the the Information Age was touted for years as a grand opportunity for human enlightenment, but it seems the exact opposite is happening. We have more avenues of communication available to use than ever before, but we seem to do less and less substantive communication. As internet-speak regresses toward the lowest common denominator, it seems to me that the 'net exists not as a bastion of resistance to illiteracy, but as a facilitator of functional illiteracy. I'm hoping I'm just an overly paranoid fuddy-duddy, but considering the fact I'm not starting to see punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors in newspapers, magazines, books, and even reference works, I don't believe so. How long will it be before the average person truly has no ability to discern a well-written sentence from, well, pure drivel?

/thread hijack

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Two thoughts.
1. Google "Twitter Whore" and play the two-part parody video of that name. It's a riot. (I'm too lazy to insert a link right now.)

2. I always thought Twitter was a waste of time on superficiality. Then I had an experience a few months ago. Was in a three-way email exchange with a Silicon Valley CEO and the friend of mine who put had put me in contact with said CEO a couple months earlier. CEO asked a question that I thought I could respond to. Realizing that he was a real busy kinda guy -- and I was just a dweeb academic type -- I spent 3.5 hours trying to compose my response and keep it under 500 words. (As you know, I don't do short very often.)

Finally said heck with it and sent it out (about 550 words, IIRC). Within 30 minutes, the CEO dude has responded. With a Twitter-length response that in its one sentence had more content than my 550 word tome.

From then on I've been a believer. I'm not particularly interested in following the Nick Barnett's and Ochocinco's of the world as they Twitter, but I am trying to figure out how people like that CEO do it.

Yeah, there's lots of shit out there on the internet. Illiteracy, idiocy and worse. But maybe because it's because I've been in various historical archives a bit over the year, or because in the pre-internet age I spent lots of time browsing libraries and pulling random books off the shelves. But, trust me, in the old days, the ratio of shit to value was just as high. It's just that the data set is so much bigger now that it seems worse.

I admit, there are times when I wonder whether we're trying to rebuild the Tower of Babel. But I'm still an optimist in general. And I'm particularly optimistic about Gen Y. I just think they're going to do things that we Boomer fuck-ups never did.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
14 years ago

Touche. My concern is that the the Information Age was touted for years as a grand opportunity for human enlightenment, but it seems the exact opposite is happening. We have more avenues of communication available to use than ever before, but we seem to do less and less substantive communication. As internet-speak regresses toward the lowest common denominator, it seems to me that the 'net exists not as a bastion of resistance to illiteracy, but as a facilitator of functional illiteracy. I'm hoping I'm just an overly paranoid fuddy-duddy, but considering the fact I'm not starting to see punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors in newspapers, magazines, books, and even reference works, I don't believe so. How long will it be before the average person truly has no ability to discern a well-written sentence from, well, pure drivel?

/thread hijack

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

The internet has pretty much given EVERYONE a voice. Good and bad. The bad, is that some shouldn't be heard.

The average person can't spell. That's just a fact. I knew that back in HS when I used to get on peoples' cases about the use of "it's" and "its."

Nothing has changed, other than you hear from the average person, who as I've already said, can't spell.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Yerko
14 years ago
*Alright, first and foremost.....Twitter is seriously friggin gay.

The fact that Barnett wrote a story on it is disturbing. He didn't do a DAMN thing today so for him to be in a rotation is good for the time being. Trust me Barnett, I think Packers fans are grateful that you busted your ass to get into playing form after a severe injury. However, don't use that as a pity excuse when you perform like shit! You are supposed to be a leader on the defense.
"And so what if I missed the takle before am I suppose to stay in a funk about it!?? Get a life"
You're the one on Twitter crying about it pal...how about you get a life? You SHOULD be in a funk about missing a damn tackle as that is your job sir.

Grant...maybe you should stop twittering. It seems to be cramping your hands which makes you fumble.

Finley...okay, you are legit to tweet for now. You had a good game. But seriously, Twitter?

Twitter allows 140 characters I think, which really limits a person to make a literate post. Thats the reason they all sound like morons. I am shocked coaches don't get mad when the players say something about the way the team is being ran. That is BS.

(* -for the time being till I get over the loss.)
UserPostedImage
Felipe7777777
14 years ago
lol yea these players cant spell for ish....but at least they're kinda mad about it i thought grant would mention his fumble because it happened at the worst time no lie
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (4h) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (4h) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (5h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (5h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.