dyeah_gb
14 years ago
Packers press conference right now:

http://www.packers.com/multimedia/packers_on_air_schedule/ 

Bigby and Jackson out for this week
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
14 years ago
Already?
UserPostedImage
14 years ago
I have no sound... video but no sound. Is it working?
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
14 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

It is for me.
PackFanWithTwins
14 years ago

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Wouldn't that equal the normal Mike McCarthy presser?
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dyeah_gb
14 years ago
Summary:

injury report
Tuesday off- returning on Wednesday
Need to correct 2nd and longs Mike McCarthy likes going into dome game with Minny after just playing in a dome.
Run game 😨 Could be better. Credit to Jackson for finding the gaps.

On 1st game against Favre: Nothing really worth commenting on besides what we would expect. Knowing his play style might provide a little advantage. Mike McCarthy will look at the film on Favre to get a better feel on how to prepare and exploit his weaknesses. Capers will set the plan though.

Did we get bamboozled on the trade to the Vikings (poison pill)? No opinion by Mike McCarthy on this one.

GB won't be distracted by the hype.

Then a whole bunch of questions trying to get a story on Favre vs. Green Bay that Mike McCarthy effectively deflected.

Vikings D was very effective and quick against us last year. We need to stay focused and take care of the football.

Rodgers was smart on his feet yesterday. Although he had some good runs, his fist choice was to look for the pass. He looks very comfortable all day with specific reference to the run option TD.
Mike McCarthy was not satisfied with the win against the Rams. He feels we can still improve in many areas. We can improve alignments on formations against the opponent. We need to improve productivity on 1st down to avoid 2nd and 3rd and long.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Cheesey
14 years ago
Well, it's true we can approve on all fronts.
Dropped passes, missed passes by AR, a run game thats still not producing much, D that allows too much on the run, ST's that allow big returns and block in the back all the time and miss extra points.
All this COULD have cost us the game had we been playing a decent team.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
14 years ago
Cliffy being ready to go would be huge.. that would strengthen the entire unit.. Wells had a couple "negative" plays yesterday..

I liked Mike McCarthy sticking with the run.. yes it wasn't overly effective the entire game but towards the end, Grant was really running with some grit.. nice to see...

More detailed comments..

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml 

Monday, September 28, 2009
McCarthy: Clifton has shot to play this week
Coach Mike McCarthy will address reporters shortly at the Lambeau Field. We'll post the newsy stuff as it comes, so refresh for the latest.

And here we go ...

* First, the injuries: S Atari Bigby (knee) won't make back this week. LT Chad Clifton (ankle) will have opportunity to come back this week, but only if he can practice. "He has a shot." RB Brandon Jackson had setback with ankle sprain, don't know if will practiec this week. DE Jeremy Thompson has knee inflammation, doubtful for this week.

* On practice schedule: Normal day off Tuesday. Wednesday will be normal except no practice. Will resume practice on Thursday.

* On offense on Sunday: Left some yards out there, particularly in the running game. Did some things very well in the second half but not early on. Must start faster.

* Ready for big game? "We had an opportunity to go through that type of environment in the past. It's important to learn from that experience. This is an important football game for both teams." Tough place to play. Like that they're coming off dome game, because they're different.

* Will work in Hutson Center a couple of times this week to work on crowd noise.

* On stopping run: Had some no-gain or minus-1 runs. Sometimes played pass before run. Thought Rams RB Steven Jackson did good job recognizing, particularly when had fire zones on. "We've just got to eliminate the double-digit runs."

* On facing Brett Favre: "I think it's going to be a lot of fun once the game starts. ... Me personally, answering all the questions and things that I feel have nothing to do with the game, that's not something I wake up every day excited to do." But it's part of the job.

* Surprised Favre ended up in Minnesota? Nothing surprises anymore. Last time they talked face to face, Favre had a desire to play in Minnesota. "So no, I'm not surprised by it."

* On Favre: Haven't watched him on film yet this year. Interested to see how he's doing, what they're asking him to do. "We're going to go through the game-plan process like we do every week. We're going to start with their strengths and try to expose the weaknesses."

* On the poison pill and trade to Jets: It was an organizational decision. Wasn't concerned about playing him. Was more focused on getting back to coach own team. Spent lot of time dealing with Favre situation.

* Want to beat him more? "We want to beat everyone on the Vikings, Brett Favre included."

* Asked a series of questions about what unfolded last summer, McCarthy says he hasn't given hypotheticals any thought. "I have zero interest in going back to last training camp."

* On how they'll handle the week: "The message to the team is going to be about playing the game." Will take care of pulse of team. "I clearly am in tune with the size of this game outside the building, but for us to play to our ability, we have to focus on ourselves." No one will write checks they can't cash through the media. Will be more of a media emphasis, "but it cannot factor in how we prepare for this game."

* On Aaron Rodgers running on Sunday: Thought he was smart with his feet. Got out of bounds. Was looking to pass first. Not interested in running designed plays, etc. "But for the most part, I think he's been smart in space."

* Didn't play well in all three phases vs. St. Louis. Will cover specifics of that with the team. Must build accountability, education. That's why will do only walkthroughs, etc. Wednesday -- to get things cleaned up.

* On "Big Okie" defense: Some good things, some things to be cleaned up. Had alignment issues. Ran more two-tight formations than had shown. "I thought it was off to a good start."

That's it for now. More updates coming later this afternoon.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Rios39
14 years ago
Lets keep our fingers crossed with Clifton. We know he can handle Allen and that's my biggest worry. Nice that we have an extra day too.
blank
evad04
14 years ago

Lets keep our fingers crossed with Clifton. We know he can handle Allen and that's my biggest worry. Nice that we have an extra day too.

"Rios39" wrote:

In all fairness Clifton's matchups against Allen deserve a closer look. Everyone is quick to point out how he handled Allen week 1 of last year (and the previous year when we played Kansas City); however, that big country bumpkin redneck mullet wearing d-bag ran wild over Clifton in the game at the dome last year.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (7h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (12h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (14h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (16h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (16h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (16h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (17h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (17h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.